Author Topic: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)  (Read 166471 times)

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
Re: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)
« Reply #90 on: 25 December 2018, 16:09:00 »
There is a known bug regarding the rewArds for flash points.  A few of them are mislabeled as to the rewards.  I was frustrated by that as well.
Crud.  Didn't even get one from Morgan Kell.  No sign of anything at three systems with a former Star League presence, either...

CDT Special Agent #343

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #91 on: 25 December 2018, 18:27:35 »
Almost like Lostech, is, well, Lost technology that's super hard to get a hold of.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #92 on: 26 December 2018, 16:36:13 »
So I helped my Marik buddy out in a Flashpoint, then helped the shadowy tech guys pull the wool over on him for promises of cutting edge tech, and got...more rare items.

I've now hit at least half a dozen former SL worlds without a single sign of anything with a Cameron Star logo.  Ditto for the Black Market.

CDT Special Agent #343

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #93 on: 26 December 2018, 18:48:06 »
I've heard you'll want to pay attention to the ammo section of the store for guass ammo.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #94 on: 27 December 2018, 09:22:54 »
Since i got new computer, maybe i can actually play the Darn game properly!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #95 on: 27 December 2018, 11:55:39 »
Since i got new computer, maybe i can actually play the Darn game properly!

Whadja get whadja get? /child-like-materialism
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #96 on: 27 December 2018, 13:37:53 »
I've heard you'll want to pay attention to the ammo section of the store for guass ammo.

Regular stores, faction stores or black markets?
I have spoken.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #97 on: 27 December 2018, 15:09:51 »
Whadja get whadja get? /child-like-materialism
My bro helped me with this thing, my new computer has a gig ram memory for the video card, 16 gigs of ram,. it's I7-800 @ 3.2Ghz. 
Not sure if it's up to spec to handle coming MW5, but it sure plays MWO like bandit.

LOL, i hope HBS Battletech works. My old computer was 9 years old gaming machine.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #98 on: 27 December 2018, 15:37:28 »

Regular stores, faction stores or black markets?

Don't know.  Haven't seen it myself, but on the paradox boards people say they have.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #99 on: 31 December 2018, 11:10:02 »
Only had a little time to try out career more but not very happy with the starting mechs.  I thought it was supposed to be random but I get the same four mechs which aside from the Jenner are not among my faves.  I'd rather start with the mechs from campaign mode.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 31 December 2018, 11:20:01 »
The random was for the pilots I believe, though a randomized starting lance would have been nice.

Only had a little time to try out career more but not very happy with the starting mechs.  I thought it was supposed to be random but I get the same four mechs which aside from the Jenner are not among my faves.  I'd rather start with the mechs from campaign mode.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 31 December 2018, 12:09:23 »
I'd rather you got to pick your mechs.  I'd hate to go through all the trouble for character creation just to have to start over after getting a starter lance of commandos and locusts.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #102 on: 02 January 2019, 14:28:37 »
So I pitched into the kickstarter because it promised linux support. Since the linux beta hit a little while back I actually started playing over xmas break.

As someone who didn't play XCOM this does feel very battletech to me, but I'm perhaps coming to it after fixes?

Also should I get flashpoint now, or finish an initial playthrough?
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: 02 January 2019, 15:29:12 »
So I pitched into the kickstarter because it promised linux support. Since the linux beta hit a little while back I actually started playing over xmas break.

As someone who didn't play XCOM this does feel very battletech to me, but I'm perhaps coming to it after fixes?

Also should I get flashpoint now, or finish an initial playthrough?
Well, getting Flashpoint allows you to go to the new mission terrain (Jungles) as well as use three new mechs (Hatchetman, Crab, and Cyclops). Flashpoints don't pop up until after you finish the campaign, on the other hand.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #104 on: 02 January 2019, 15:35:19 »
If you're enjoying the game so far then yeah, get the expacs.  Just adds more goodness.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #105 on: 03 January 2019, 13:25:20 »
Anyone get the Crab, Hatchetman or Cyclops as part of the random opposition on the Campaign?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: 03 January 2019, 14:44:55 »
Anyone get the Crab, Hatchetman or Cyclops as part of the random opposition on the Campaign?
So far I've gotten all three normal variants, but only the bad (Read; No Ballistic, or any other boon, variant) of the Cyclops. What's sad is, I once saw a Q, but Dekker decided to completely miss the shot that would have killed it via pilot damage and instead cored out the CT.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #107 on: 03 January 2019, 14:51:34 »
So you saw them as part of the Directorate's random mechs in the campaign for Kamea?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: 03 January 2019, 18:47:56 »
Okay, so finished the campaign for Kamea, is it now just take jobs for the sake of taking jobs? Any thing to do besides pokemon style collecting of chassis?
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 03 January 2019, 19:23:07 »
I've seen a couple Hatchetmen and a few Crabs, but haven't managed to salvage any aside from a special one from a flash point.  Really wanted to play around with the hatchetman, but I'm already starting to get heavies.

Okay, so finished the campaign for Kamea, is it now just take jobs for the sake of taking jobs? Any thing to do besides pokemon style collecting of chassis?

Flash points will start showing up.   Really though, may as well go start career mode.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #110 on: 03 January 2019, 21:27:14 »
It's buggy enough I think I'll pull myself out of the game and get back to projects. Timed it well, weather closures and strep extended my time off through today. Which allowed me to finish.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #111 on: 03 January 2019, 21:58:45 »
I am 400 days in on career mode, my standard drop is about 150-160 tons (a mix of Vindicators, Panthers and Jenners). I have faced a Hatchetman and a Crab on random missions. Have a couple of pieces of each and a few pieces of the 55 tonners but have not managed to collect the 5 pieces needed to salvage a full chassis yet.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #112 on: 05 January 2019, 00:20:06 »
Finally got some LosTech from the mission where you choose which pirate commander to chase.  Ironically, the summary when you’re choosing the Flashpoint says the reward will be a rare item...

CDT Special Agent #343

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 05 January 2019, 02:39:44 »
Did some .json modding on the Cyclops, and now I can field one as a Daboku.  Keep it in the back, go light on the large lasers and it can dump a lot of ordnance downrange!

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: 06 January 2019, 12:12:33 »
I've seen a couple Hatchetmen and a few Crabs, but haven't managed to salvage any aside from a special one from a flash point.  Really wanted to play around with the hatchetman, but I'm already starting to get heavies.

I modified the campaign json to replace the starting Vindicator with a Hatchetman for career mode. I'm glad I did because I don't even have my first heavy yet and the Hatchetman still feels underwhelming compared to the 50/55 ton mechs, so it's out of my rotation.

It was a lot of fun for the earlier missions and I used it for quite a while and it was my best mech for a long time. While it may not make sense to start with one, lore-wise, it was a nice way to actually use the mech and have it contribute - the Vindie is definitely better though. I feel like they should have used it or the Crab to showcase at least one of the new mechs when starting career mode.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #115 on: 06 January 2019, 12:20:32 »
I'm guessing the new mechs weren't in career mode so they didn't have to worry about weather or not you had the expac for it.

I'll be modding the json the same way for my next play though.   What's the name of it for career mode?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: 06 January 2019, 12:52:38 »
I'm guessing the new mechs weren't in career mode so they didn't have to worry about weather or not you had the expac for it.

I'll be modding the json the same way for my next play though.   What's the name of it for career mode?

True, I forgot that they made so much available for free. Not that it should be THAT hard for them to have one option for DLC and another for non-DLC but oh well.

The career stuff is in the same place as story-mode: SimGameConstants.json (in the SimGameConstants folder) and just search for CareerMode. The names you need for the Hatchetman and Crab are: mechdef_hatchetman_HCT-3F and mechdef_crab_CRB-27

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 06 January 2019, 12:59:14 »
Give the commander a Cyclops!   ;D

True, I forgot that they made so much available for free. Not that it should be THAT hard for them to have one option for DLC and another for non-DLC but oh well.

The career stuff is in the same place as story-mode: SimGameConstants.json (in the SimGameConstants folder) and just search for CareerMode. The names you need for the Hatchetman and Crab are: mechdef_hatchetman_HCT-3F and mechdef_crab_CRB-27

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 06 January 2019, 13:13:13 »
So you saw them as part of the Directorate's random mechs in the campaign for Kamea?
The mechs you encounter in the actual storymissions are actually hardcoded, and you cannot encounter any variance there. The heavy in jailbreak is always a Jaeger, the heavy at the ammo dump is always a dragon supported by a bunch of lights and a cicada, and even the lighter forces are hardcoded.

However, in random missions against the Directorate, I recall having encountered those mechs. But I might've also been fighting pirates and my memory is incorrect.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #119 on: 08 January 2019, 08:35:46 »

They're in career mode but as noted they won't turn up in story missions.  I've actually got a Crab in my 'Mech Bay in my current play through from salvage, not too bad.  I can't recall having run into any Hatchetmen so far but I'm still prior to Liberation of Panzyr.