Author Topic: Free Worlds League Infantry  (Read 4098 times)

Freak

• Sergeant
Free Worlds League Infantry
« on: 21 October 2011, 12:38:08 »
Don't know where else to post this, one of my other hobbies is playing Airsoft and I decided to mix it with Battletech by putting together some kit into something resembling a Free World League Infantryman in the Oriente Hussars. I rather enjoy it when I get to take it all out.

The only guarantee in life is that it ends.

Headshot

• Master Sergeant
  • Trust me. I know what i'm doing.
Re: Free Worlds League Infantry
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2011, 12:53:54 »
Cooool! Got a helmet with built-in com (and goggles!) too?  [rockon]
Anyone recognized it?

Freak

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2011, 18:56:57 »
Nope, sorry not a fan of hard hats and can't afford NVG's right now. Usually wear a full face mask that others have said is 'appropriate'. Didn't have my 'Comm's in that day either.

Fireangel

• Major
  • 7397 posts right down the toilet...
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2011, 16:07:26 »
Free World League Infantryman in the Oriente Hussars.

[applause] [applause] [cheers] [applause] [applause]

Love it.

whistler

• Lieutenant
  • We can out-maneuver /most/ fortifications
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2011, 16:16:11 »
very cool...  O0   the TAR-21 is probably as close as you can get to an X-22 without extensive modifications.  who makes that AEG anyways?  i didn't know anyone was producing a TAR... unless it's some fancy GBB.

what i really want to know is, where did you get the patches?  i for one have wanted to make a 6th Lyran duty uniform for ages, probably a Hell's Horses one as well, but really need the patches to bring it all together.  did you find them somewhere, or were you able to have them made for a reasonable price? 
Quote from: 3rdCrucisLancers
Whistler is not only a noted winner, he's a man's man, a generous philanthropist, a noted big game hunter, and a lover and a dancer. If he had a mustache it would be impeccably waxed. When he marches off to war, everyone else stays home.

Freak

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2011, 20:17:07 »
Thanks for the comments all.

Whistler the TAR is produced by Ares Airsoft. They are one of only two companies doing that AEG and theirs is universally regarded as the better of the two. It's a second GEN version also so they've worked out most of the kinks from the first series. I usually trick it out with an ACOG and flashlight as appropriate as the Mars sight sucks, well worth the cash if you are thinking of getting one.

The FWL Patch was bought off E-BAY, someone was selling a couple and I was waiting a year for the chance to get one. The pin in the Beret was also got there by a friend of mine along with several others and he gave it to me as a present a while back (Thanks Derek).

The Oriente Hussars patch I asked a girl I know to do for a small fee and came out really well, she makes outfits for CosPlay and LARPing and was looking for a challenge.