Author Topic: Gerhardt Hansen: What was his 'Mech?  (Read 1773 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Gerhardt Hansen: What was his 'Mech?
« on: 05 September 2019, 00:59:57 »
Subject says it all.  Going to be playing out some of the Thirteenth Battle for Hesperus II next month.  Plan was to use Gerhardt Hansen as a special pilot for the defenders.  However, in my limited library and Sarna, I can find no reference to what 'Mech he drove, nor any indication of what his Gunnery and Piloting Skills are.

So I turn to you my fellow mechwarriors, any hints or suggestions out there? ^-^
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: Gerhardt Hansen: What was his 'Mech?
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2019, 01:09:31 »
According to Sarna, both Gerhardt Hansen and his son were noted as piloting a matched pair of Cyclops Battlemechs with functional Tacticon B-2000 as of 3039 (Yes, I know the thirteenth battle took place in 3019)

Which, in that case, if they had said Cyclopi in 3019, or even one, makes the defense against the Black Widow Company all the more sensible. I'd say give him one but not his son, with accompanying benefit.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2019, 01:11:10 by Caedis Animus »

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2019, 05:43:35 »
Well, obviously, his Ride would be Rough.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2019, 08:09:54 »
According to Sarna, both Gerhardt Hansen and his son were noted as piloting a matched pair of Cyclops Battlemechs with functional Tacticon B-2000 as of 3039 (Yes, I know the thirteenth battle took place in 3019)

Which, in that case, if they had said Cyclopi in 3019, or even one, makes the defense against the Black Widow Company all the more sensible. I'd say give him one but not his son, with accompanying benefit.

The Alpha Strike merc manual has him as a featured pilot with a Cyclops, complete with a working battle computer. I think the year for that is like 3049 - but there is no mention of an earlier ride for him... rough or smooth.
So, I’d stick him in a Cyclops

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2019, 09:31:32 »
The Cyclops seemed the most logical choice.  Just wondered if one of the older out of print books had some info on the subject.  Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2019, 09:36:43 »
I can't cite a source so this is probably just headcanon or me misremembering something... but for some reason my gut feeling associated Gerhardt Hansen with a Warhammer in the 3025 timeframe. Take this with a very big grain of salt please.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins