Author Topic: Talk to me about... Swarm/Swarm-I  (Read 1754 times)

Kidd

• Major
Talk to me about... Swarm/Swarm-I
« on: 13 November 2015, 00:39:26 »
Swarm/Swarm-I LRMs. Have you used them? What Mechs or tanks did you employ? How well did they work? Would you continue using them regularly?

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
Re: Talk to me about... Swarm/Swarm-I
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2015, 00:59:53 »
Strangely I've a fondness for odd systems in the game but I never actually tried Swarms though I've been meaning to. I'd think they'd be nice for messing up tightly packed formations if you don't have any artillery handy. You'd probably want them in, say, a spare ton on your LRM carriers or some other large launcher carrier if they've got the ammo to spare.

Erkki

• Master Sergeant
Re: Talk to me about... Swarm/Swarm-I
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2015, 02:07:09 »
Swarm-I is pretty much the standard ammo to me whenever available(which is often for the FWLM). I sometimes hit my own units with them at least if the enemy has ECM and I shoot into a brawl, but they often let me score a lot more hits and will make the enemy units spread a bit and effect decision making. There some cases where the enemy units can be found next to or on top of each other such as when a squad of BA gets dropped by a mech or a vehicle: quite often Swarm-LRMs can take out both the taxi vehicle by critting it with a couple of hits and also remove some armor or even suits from the BA squad before it gets to jump the first time and gain movement modifiers.