Author Topic: MekHQ: Can't Use My New Gauss?  (Read 1196 times)

plothos

• Private
MekHQ: Can't Use My New Gauss?
« on: 29 September 2023, 18:50:56 »
MekHQ
I was able to procure a gauss rifle and ammo. The year is 3030. I have my tech for the campaign set to experimental and I do not have any limitations on refits, but for some reason I cannot refit anything to take the gauss. I can slap anything else, and the gauss shows up in my warehouse and all. It's on the list and greyed out when I tick the option to display "unavailable" parts, but I'd assume if it's in my warehouse it's not unavailable. What gives?
« Last Edit: 30 September 2023, 09:14:04 by plothos »

plothos

• Private
I changed the tech levels back and forth a bit, advanced some days, and suddenly the search for the prototype gauss for the first time says "You cannot procure items of this tech level" and then "It hasn't been invented yet!"

This makes sense, so I'm guessing my ability to find them in the first place was just a bug.
So... I guess this is a bug report. :D

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: MekHQ: Can't Use My New Gauss?
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2023, 12:20:57 »
Assuming your using the IS Gauss, it's not rediscovered until 3040. The prototype Gauss comes back in 3038.

There is an option in MekHQ which restricts weapons to specific era's.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

plothos

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2023, 15:43:02 »
I get that, for sure. That the tech doesn't exist in the timeline is the best explanation of why there would be a problem. It certainly seems to be why the prototype gauss couldn't be found. What's odd here is I was able to buy an ultra ac5 and a NON prototype gauss (IS), roll and find(!) them, get them shipped to me. All that despite them not existing? The chokepoint seems only to take effect when I try to put them on a mech when I absolutely have them in my inventory. Surely that's a bug.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2023, 04:46:56 »
When in the meklab, what is the techlevel of the mech set to?
Try setting that to experimental or unofficial.