Author Topic: New 100 tonner; the Yeti....  (Read 1134 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
New 100 tonner; the Yeti....
« on: 13 November 2018, 22:23:30 »
I'm working on a new 100 ton custom mini. Still deciding on stats. For now I'm using the stats for a King Crab.
Made with Dream Pod 9 Heavy Gear parts and assorted bitz. 😁

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: New 100 tonner; the Yeti....
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2018, 23:39:04 »
Pretty neat there.  Although I don't know if it is just the photo angle or what, but that middle pic makes its feet look huge.  Though it is named the Yeti... ^-^
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2018, 01:34:45 »
Pretty neat there.  Although I don't know if it is just the photo angle or what, but that middle pic makes its feet look huge.  Though it is named the Yeti... ^-^

It's feet kinda are huge... but the Atlas next to it actually has a bigger footprint. The feet extend up and blend into the lower leg so it looks like it's wearing huge high-tops. 😂
I was going to call it the Sasquatch but there already is one, and Bigfoot sounded too mundane... so... Yeti it is!! 😁

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2018, 11:42:27 »
The feet extend up and blend into the lower leg so it looks like it's wearing huge high-tops. 😂
And now I want to see it with legs painted black and feet/ankles painted white ... and queuing up for a late-80s thrash gig ... [grin]
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2018, 11:49:19 »
Lessee, Yowie, Almas, Yeren, Grassman, Orang Pendek, Gigato, Mapingauri?

It's feet kinda are huge... but the Atlas next to it actually has a bigger footprint. The feet extend up and blend into the lower leg so it looks like it's wearing huge high-tops. 😂
I was going to call it the Sasquatch but there already is one, and Bigfoot sounded too mundane... so... Yeti it is!! 😁

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2018, 16:13:51 »
They look sweet.  Though is that atlas one, sporting an RAC5 on his right arm?
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2018, 16:48:59 »
They look sweet.  Though is that atlas one, sporting an RAC5 on his right arm?

Thats an Atlas III, it's actually an RAC/2. There is also a variant that swaps it out for a Clan Hyper Assault Gauss 30.  I really like this mech. 😁 it makes things dead fast...

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2018, 19:51:29 »
Very sweet! :thumbsup: