Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 219816 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #1290 on: 21 March 2020, 12:02:51 »
The Adders ‘leading’ a ‘united’ front of Clan forces in the Invasion would have done tremendous damage. I agree with Zell’s assessment with only one thing not considered: the Homeworlds.

Had 80% of the Clan’s Toumans been sent off into the Inner Sphere the Wars of Reaving would have happened much sooner. I’d imagine the Scientist Caste revolting, the Burrock treachery and Bandit Caste upraising, and evening new Clans rising up to lay claim to Clan Homeworlds while the major forces were conquering the Inner Sphere. So by 3055 they’re at Terra’s doorstep but what is behind them? Do the even care anymore what’s behind them or do they all pull a Ghost Bear Dominion?

I gotta disagree so much of the WOR came from the festering feeling of frustration and denied opportunities that the failure of InVasion

Interesting questions for an AU honestly.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1291 on: 04 July 2020, 20:42:17 »
Did burrock revolt result in those bloodlines being reaved?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1292 on: 04 July 2020, 20:47:45 »
Did burrock revolt result in those bloodlines being reaved?

I think some of the older, minor bloodlines were kept. I'll have to double check the books to be sure.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1293 on: 04 July 2020, 21:16:39 »
I think some of the older, minor bloodlines were kept. I'll have to double check the books to be sure.

I know alot * was happening then but I would think that would warrant big time crack down

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1294 on: 04 July 2020, 21:23:13 »
I think the crackdown came in the way they educate their sibkos.  The Wars of Reaving list indicates that the the Adders kept most of their prominent Burrock bloodlines.  The Adders are also keeping most of the prominent exclusive Steel Viper lines too.

Education will be the key.  "We are all Star Adders, quaif?"  No need to even mention other Clans by name. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1295 on: 18 July 2020, 13:45:42 »
Did the adders or cobras control Tanis post WOR?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1296 on: 18 July 2020, 13:54:16 »
I think the Tanis system was rendered uninhabitable by the fighting on the surface, and actions from orbit.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1297 on: 18 July 2020, 19:59:02 »
Tanis was depopulated, but not necessarily rendered uninhabitable. Regardless, who controls it is a moot point
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1298 on: 20 July 2020, 05:24:29 »
So far many of the Homeworlds which are not listed as being occupied by the Clans anymore might get resettled.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1299 on: 21 July 2020, 05:02:58 »
So far many of the Homeworlds which are not listed as being occupied by the Clans anymore might get resettled.

It really varies world by world. For example, York is a complete write-off.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1300 on: 21 July 2020, 10:17:04 »
While noone will ever settle on York the planet itself should be very interesting for salvage teams.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1301 on: 21 July 2020, 11:13:27 »
The worlds listed a being untenable and abandoned are:

Albion
Atreus
Circe
Colleen
Delios
Eden
Ironhold
Lum
Marshall
New Kent
Paxon
Priori
Shadow
Tanis
Tranquil
Vinton
York

Some worlds as to New Kent, Vinton and York are described as being radically damaged by military action.
Others are described as losing their population due the WoR.
But others simply appear as being abandoned (e.g. Ironhold, Paxon).

I think there could be most of the planets resettled or at least the raw materials still there could be used.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1302 on: 21 July 2020, 11:56:13 »
Many homeworlds were described as scarce and only marginaly habitable. Living was harsh. So there should be a reason to settle there.
In the past it was maybe a run for rare raw materials. Or maybe strategic value, trade routes etc.

With a decimated population and miliary there isn't a need for that much raw materials or the needed material should be available easier. Worst case you need a small mining colony, but no real population.

Gaiiten

• Captain
« Reply #1303 on: 22 July 2020, 05:00:42 »
Further, the Home Clans could use Robotic Technologies (mining, production) for using these resources.