Author Topic: Definition of Clan Trueborn Generations  (Read 1689 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Definition of Clan Trueborn Generations
« on: 07 July 2020, 20:41:32 »

Various products refer to new Clan trueborn generations being produced every ten years (the original Wolf Clan sourcebook) or every five years (all more recent products).

What does this mean, specifically, especially in terms of the grouping and timing of iron womb decantings (births)?

Do the Clans decant a new generation of sibkin once every five years, with the Scientist Caste spending the time in between assessing sibkin growth, analyzing warrior caste codex performance, and planning geneparent pairings for the next generation?

Or are new sibkin continuously decanted, and the canon references to trueborn generations being produced every five years are about some other cyclical aspect of the process, like temporal limits on geneparent pairings?

Thanks much for your time.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Definition of Clan Trueborn Generations
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2020, 07:38:47 »
Or are new sibkin continuously decanted, and the canon references to trueborn generations being produced every five years are about some other cyclical aspect of the process, like temporal limits on geneparent pairings?
This.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech