Author Topic: JM7-F/G Pieces  (Read 7046 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
JM7-F/G Pieces
« on: 13 February 2011, 16:05:15 »
I'm about to start working on a kitbashing Jagermech, and the primary choices are either the JM7-F or the JM7-G.  What pieces would the experts amongst you recommend for the RAC/5s of the "F" and/or the RAC/2s and LB-2s of the "G?"  I'm hoping for pieces in the IWM scrapyard/omni armory as my bits box is fresh out of anything close to a rotary autocannon.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
Re: JM7-F/G Pieces
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2011, 20:28:55 »
I'd recommend a couple of Hammerhands RAC arms (saw off the lasers) for the F, and Uziel arm sprues from the Junkyard for the JM7-G.  For other Iron Wind options, you can get a saw and/or wrench and rip off the RACs on the new Typhoon or Vedette.

Jacob Kincaid's Uziel's arms are RAC/5s even though they don't look like RACs.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 20:32:18 by Youngblood »

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2011, 13:07:33 »
Ya, I like the Typhoon's RACs, but buying two of 'em just to hack 'em apart doesn't appeal to me.  The same applies to Vedettes, though I like the tank even less.

I hadn't considered the Hammerhands arms (even though I just bought a pair of the 'hands).  You know I'll probably just go with that idea, the Uziel arms don't appeal to me that much.  Thanks!

On a related note, would you use the old school Jagermech, or the Jager III?  I'm leaning towards old school, but neither of them are the right tonnage.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2011, 15:11:19 »
There's no helping the lack of a mini for the JM7 unless you want to go to someone like Mr. Balk to completely bash one from the ground up for you.  I'd pick the 3050 JagerMech as a base, if only because it's more available (and doesn't look like a turd with stick legs).  Maybe you could saw off the legs and replace them with bigger ones to make it look taller?

Actually, now that I imagine it, a JagerMech III mini would probably look a LOT better with Atlas legs or something.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2011, 22:46:12 »
Ya, I like the Typhoon's RACs, but buying two of 'em just to hack 'em apart doesn't appeal to me.  The same applies to Vedettes, though I like the tank even less.
They come 2/pack.  Looks like you still can buy regular Typhoon turrets in the scrapyard to make use of the leftover hulls.

On a related note, would you use the old school Jagermech, or the Jager III?  I'm leaning towards old school, but neither of them are the right tonnage.
There is a 70-ton Jagermech variant that was brought into the fold after the MechCommander game featured one.  You'll hear arguments for and against both the standard and III, but I prefer the standard.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2011, 23:38:06 »
There is a 70-ton Jagermech variant that was brought into the fold after the MechCommander game featured one.  You'll hear arguments for and against both the standard and III, but I prefer the standard.
The 70-ton JagerMechs are what the thread is about--they're designated by the 7 in the JM*- series.  There are three of those variants now actually, there's just no mini for them, hence this thread.  GWA and I were discussing which metal mini would represent them the best.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2011, 20:20:15 »
The 70-ton JagerMechs are what the thread is about--they're designated by the 7 in the JM*- series.
As I am aware.  I guess I worded my statement wrong.  I should have said that since the JM7-D was the first 70-ton variant and it was imported from the MechCommander game, where it was depicted as a standard Jagermech, you could reasonably assume that the other 70-ton variants are also standard Jagermechs.  Also, the MechCommander Inner Sphere miniatures boxed set had a standard Jagermech included, though it was labeled as a JM6-S.  If you prefer the Jag III, then say the original was a failed prototype and the production variants were based on the Jag III.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2011, 21:33:35 »
TRO 3050 Upgrade say the JM7- series is "an outgrowth of that [JagerMech III] initiative", though that's not made entirely clear.  For all we know, in-universe, the JM7- series might look completely different from either of the first two JagerMech 'sub-species' altogether.  We might get a hint as to what series they branched out from once they're included in a Total Warfare version of Record Sheets: 3050U.

Register