Author Topic: Dirt Cheap Hordes (Infantry Homebrew)  (Read 1603 times)

Adastra

• Sergeant
  • ~(,, _`;;'>
Dirt Cheap Hordes (Infantry Homebrew)
« on: 14 October 2020, 12:54:35 »
So, being interested in the plight of the poor bloody infantry, I decided to take a look at the infantry construction rules, and that was a whole rabbit hole. I haven't seen much regarding people's custom units, though, so I decided to try optimizing one. Rather than go all-in on auto rifles or other trifles, I decided to try out less-used weapons and try to make something as efficient as possible. Tried to find the best damage/BV ratios of the bunch, and I think I mathed together something pretty good. I would appreciate if someone double-checked my calculations to make sure I'm not screwing up something major, since I'm new to this.

Code: [Select]
Flight of Locusts

30 trooper jump platoon, 10 person squads

30*1.5*1.2(defensive factor)=54 Defensive BV

Individual Weapons- 24 Rugen SMGs 0.18*24=4.32BV

Secondary Weapons- 6 Intek Laser Rifles (2 per Squad) 1.51*6=9.06BV

(4.32+9.06)*2(For anti-mech capability)*0.77(speed factor)=20.6052 Offensive BV

Platoon BV: 65

Average Damage Per Trooper: 0.2016

Jetpacks give good enough speed, and the laser rifles allow them to reach out to 9 hexes, letting the SMGs piggyback off them. Damage output is low compared to most infantry, but still offers up to 6 damage. And in these numbers, even if your enemy munches several platoons a turn you can have plenty more to feed to the grinder.

By replacing the Rugens with Martial Eagles and Inteks with Marx XXs, you can bump the damage per trooper to 0.252. This means that your max damage goes up to 8, and even when the toon is whittled down to 2 members it can still deal damage (if unreliably). It does, however, increase the BV of the unit to 78 I think.

By contrast, calculating the same squad with auto rifles and Inteks for range gives me 127 BV, assuming I'm doing things right, which there's a good chance I'm not.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2020, 13:27:24 by Adastra »

Register