Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 57372 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Not yet.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Checked mine this afternoon and it’s still zeroed out.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
The question then becomes: How long will we have to pay the shipping ???
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
The question then becomes: How long will we have to pay the shipping ???

We don't know yet. Under the original plan/Update 81 sent March 26th they indicated addresses would lock at April 5th and at some shortly stage after that we'd be be able to pay up until April 12th 12am ET when the pledge manger would lock, so about a week or so. But things have changed so no idea if there will be a similar or longer period now.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Still nothing on my end. Im sure once its more right than wrong than before, I would guess a couple of weeks.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
Ahead of Mercenaries shipping, I was planning to pick up copies of the 40th anniversary boxes, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of them, yet!  They originally said March/April, but are fast running out of April.  There was a hint in one of the streams that they'd have them for Origins in June, but I haven't heard any updates otherwise.  Anyone heard any news?
« Last Edit: 25 April 2024, 14:01:33 by mechasaurus »

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Ahead of Merecenaries shipping, I was planning to pick up copies of the 40th anniversary boxes, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of them, yet!  They originally said March/April, but are fast running out of April.  There was a hint in one of the streams that they'd have them for Origins in June, but I haven't heard any updates otherwise.  Anyone heard any news?
On the April 16th news stream Rem said that they had just arrived in the warehouse and where being processed. During this weeks stream it was mentioned that they have now made it to distributors and the hold up is Catalyst setting a release date so they arrive at most retailers at the same time.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
Ahead of Merecenaries shipping, I was planning to pick up copies of the 40th anniversary boxes, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of them, yet!  They originally said March/April, but are fast running out of April.  There was a hint in one of the streams that they'd have them for Origins in June, but I haven't heard any updates otherwise.  Anyone heard any news?

Just what was mentioned in last week's Tuesday Newsday (i.e., they've reached the warehouse and are being processed).

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
10-4

Thx!

Wolf72

• Captain
Let alone international shipping. We live in hope :)

BTW, anyone seen their shipping appear?

not yet, just checked 1900, 25 April ... all quiet on the front.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Just what was mentioned in last week's Tuesday Newsday (i.e., they've reached the warehouse and are being processed).

If the world shipping wasn't such a cluster right now. We would have all the product months ago.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
There will always be a cluster
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
There will always be a cluster

Nicholas Kerensky, The Remembrance, Stanza 13, Line 24
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Nicholas Kerensky, The Remembrance, Stanza 13, Line 24

I have spoken.

veoviscool12

• Recruit
We don't know yet. Under the original plan/Update 81 sent March 26th they indicated addresses would lock at April 5th and at some shortly stage after that we'd be be able to pay up until April 12th 12am ET when the pledge manger would lock, so about a week or so. But things have changed so no idea if there will be a similar or longer period now.

To clarify a bit further, in Update 85 (where they explained what went wrong), they removed the April 12th deadline completely: "Finally, the April 12th deadline is removed. We will take as long as it needs to fix all issues."

There won't be a new payment deadline until they've fixed all the shipping issues, which will presumably be communicated via a Kickstarter update.

Kithran

• Recruit
Have they said how long the deadline will be after the shipping figures are out there - my reason for asking is I'm on holiday from Monday for almost 3 weeks and don't want to have issues because a deadline has been and gone.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Have they said how long the deadline will be after the shipping figures are out there - my reason for asking is I'm on holiday from Monday for almost 3 weeks and don't want to have issues because a deadline has been and gone.

No word on how when the deadline will be.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant

I think the plan was to have the shipping costs up by the weekend, but if that doesn't happen you might want to check on it a couple of times over those 3 weeks, as I could see the shipping window being less than 3 weeks given how close to the hopeful shipping date we are.

Charistoph

• Major
Yeah, if this weekend's push is good, they'll probably give 2 weeks for the billing submission, at the least.

If it isn't good, then expect it to be pushed accordingly.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

This Ends Tonight

• Recruit
Given that for a crowdfunding campaign it should never be open for less than two months, they should at least keep it open until QML starts to literally ship. Now's not the time to do another bad job.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Leaving it open that long could easily create issues with shipping.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
I hope they haven’t run into anymore issues and this is just the amount of workload required.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
I think the plan was to have the shipping costs up by the weekend, but if that doesn't happen you might want to check on it a couple of times over those 3 weeks, as I could see the shipping window being less than 3 weeks given how close to the hopeful shipping date we are.

It will take Backerkit some time to get the data in. They might have send final numbers to them on Friday, doesn't mean they will show up before Wednesday.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

RabidFox

• Sergeant
I can request a survey from BackerKit and it gives me the option to pay.  Anyone happen to know if I pay, would that get me into the Kickstarter and guarantee me the items?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
I can request a survey from BackerKit and it gives me the option to pay.  Anyone happen to know if I pay, would that get me into the Kickstarter and guarantee me the items?
On Friday it was confirmed by a Backerkit rep, on the Catalyst discord, that they will cancel any new orders placed from that point forward.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
My shipping has shown up! Down from $142 to 68!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
My Shipping has also shown up, $100 which is a bit higher than the estimate from the discord call but not horrible
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Charistoph

• Major
Mine is showing a value now, too.  Only a little bit less, but it wasn't much to begin with (Company-level).  Shipping tax dropped a LOT, though.

Hopefully we'll get word when the payment data needs to be updated.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Mine showed up, didn't see that much of a drop from the initial price, but I did order the set of Urban Neoprene battlemats as an add-on, so I'm guessing that's the big factor for me.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Mine dropped from ~300 to 230. Not a big drop
NCKestrel’s new favorite.