Author Topic: Where are the Players at?  (Read 27521 times)

Legendmaker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
    • Battletech & More Channel
Re: Where are the Players at?
« Reply #60 on: 30 October 2012, 14:12:54 »
St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Day every second Sat of the month in Anaheim California.

mitch5775

« Reply #61 on: 03 November 2012, 14:17:41 »
I run Campaigns with a small group of friends here in the Northern VA area. Feel free to message me on details!

Slovak

« Reply #62 on: 12 November 2012, 17:39:43 »
I'm in Valparaiso, IN. That is the Northwest area, about 60 miles east of Chicago. I can be in Chitown, South Bend or southern Michigan in under an hour.  Would love to find some players again...willing to travel.

Jackpot4

« Reply #63 on: 15 November 2012, 01:39:01 »
I am going to be in Norfolk, Virginia the second week of January until the end of February in the Hampton Roads area, if anyone wants to plays send me a message!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #64 on: 15 November 2012, 03:48:00 »
Northwest Florida, 'bout 1&1/2 hrs from Pensacola

*arches an eyebrow* Santa Rosa Beach area? Destin? Niceville? Or Miramar Beach?

While I don't play MW:AoD anymore, my group still meets 1st and second Fridays for BattleTech, except in October and December.
Next week, we are also doing our 2nd Annual Turkey Day event(All the worst 'mechs of their classes grinder, ending, finally, with
one player getting a Hellstar, where it becomes the Turkey Shoot) on Friday. We meet at TBS Comics in FWB.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Labyr

• Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 25 November 2012, 03:03:36 »
I'm in Toronto, Canada. I haven't played in years, but I wouldn't mind getting a few rounds in now and then.

upgrayedd

• Master Sergeant
  • Faction List Project-Combat Operations contributor
« Reply #66 on: 30 November 2012, 23:24:44 »
As this is my first post, greetings. Bethlehem, PA player here :)

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 03 January 2013, 16:04:07 »
With a small number of players, scattered all over the place, is there any interest in someone running an event at GenCon Indy in August?

My group hosts a big tournament in June, in Huntsville, Alabama.  Everyone's welcome to join in!
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Nemesis

• Corporal
« Reply #68 on: 28 January 2013, 23:35:24 »
Central Toronto, and I wouldn't mind playing a few games for nostalgia's sake, though I'd have to completely relearn the game at this point.
Star Adder, Star Adder, he drives a pitch black Mech
Star Adder, Star Adder, with Heavy Laser tech

(with apologies to Rowan Atkinson)

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
« Reply #69 on: 31 January 2013, 17:46:13 »
With a small number of players, scattered all over the place, is there any interest in someone running an event at GenCon Indy in August?

My group hosts a big tournament in June, in Huntsville, Alabama.  Everyone's welcome to join in!

If we could get games going at GenCon this year, that would definitely be an incentive for me to go again.

Links432

• Recruit
« Reply #70 on: 26 February 2013, 15:05:16 »
First post, from Tinley Park, Il.  I basically just make my wife play the game with me when I can.

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #71 on: 03 March 2013, 14:27:03 »
Atlanta, Ga here.  Haven't played since three Dragon Cons ago.  :(  Pulled the collection out of mothballs earlier this year, but there are no gaming stores around me and right now all my army lists are on a computer that died a couple of months ago.  May have to try and make it to Huntsville in June.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

ScotK

• Recruit
« Reply #72 on: 18 March 2013, 14:05:14 »
Cincinnati Ohio.

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #73 on: 19 March 2013, 11:07:33 »
I'm currently in Toronto as well. I'd be interested in firing up a few games sometime with any of the other Toronto posters in this thread! I'd also be happy to get some games in at Gen Con. Maybe we could even get them to let us run a tournament or something?
Kisho lives

Rimoran

• Recruit
  • Battletech Player and MechWarrior Player
« Reply #74 on: 28 March 2013, 16:06:59 »
Vancouver, WA
(Which is caught in the gravity well of Portland, OR across the river.)

Alaric Kerensky

• Recruit
  • Black Wolves, AAARRRRROOOOOOOO!
« Reply #75 on: 06 August 2013, 18:30:56 »
I live in Corning, NY, going slightly crazy looking for games! Would be pumped to get a decent group built up here, and possibly see about running some small tournaments/campaigns.

This is my first post, so if I can introduce myself a little: I have been building my collection slowly for some years since I first was introduced at a young age, I recently bought about a case and a half (always wanted to, was like Christmas in the fall =D) and a slew of singles. Have only ever played a handful of games though, simply due to having VERY few people ever being interested. My buddy and I have been working on some house-rules to improve the game, particularly in trying to make 'Mechs viable for their points costs without requiring pilot/gear cards (VAST majority of our units are pre-AoD). First edition made my Shone Roshak Shrike quite a tad OP, I will say. Obliterated a Behemoth II then fell back behind my lines and vented back to normal heat, haha. If anyone is interested in revamping the rules a little, let me know.

That said, the friend I mentioned hardly ever has the will to play, possibly my fault at often going a bit hard on him. There is a half-played game still sitting in the top level of my garage collection dust over the past 6 months. So recently, I have been custom-painting my favorite units in the colors of my Black Wolves, the gaming community built around MWO that I run. So... anyone nearby?

boonballer

• Recruit
« Reply #76 on: 27 August 2013, 16:50:32 »
Well... Not sure if ppl are still looking in So Cal, but i live in the OC area. ive got loads of the first few series (before pilot cards) and am looking for people to play against! or im just gonna have to sell the stuff... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 30 August 2013, 00:21:23 »
Well... Not sure if ppl are still looking in So Cal, but i live in the OC area. ive got loads of the first few series (before pilot cards) and am looking for people to play against! or im just gonna have to sell the stuff... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm always looking to play...  OC is not to far ... as I have gone to a number of games in  Anaheim (off the 91) at {St Crispin's Hobby Day} let me know if interested...   
otherwise if you do need to sell your stuff keep me in mind.

However, I'd Rather have someone to play with.
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

boonballer

• Recruit
« Reply #78 on: 03 September 2013, 13:35:21 »
exactly id rather play, but at this point all they do is take up closet space, and im not even sure if i remember how to play 100%.

besides the point.  we will definitely have to meet up and play games for an afternoon! next few weeks are busy, but you will hear from me soon!

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 04 September 2013, 00:11:57 »
Legendmaker (about 20 posts up ^) also is a OC player

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #80 on: 05 September 2013, 09:27:20 »
Hey guys, I got a teaching job finally,  which means I'll be moving soon to Maryland.  Anyone know of any players in that area?

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

alexious2003

• Recruit
« Reply #81 on: 06 September 2013, 08:36:34 »
Orlando, FL here.  Looking for players.  Would also like to start a regular game in the orlando area, maybe at Sci-Fi City or another venue.  Shoot me an email if interested.

PLUMBZILLA

• Recruit
« Reply #82 on: 08 September 2013, 07:50:42 »
We just started playing in Kalamazoo, MI. 
We have played Battletech for years, but we could use some help from experienced MWAOD players to get the most out of this game. 
You still out there 'Delton'?   8)

Legendmaker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
    • Battletech & More Channel
« Reply #83 on: 09 October 2013, 19:08:36 »
 If anyone is interested I can play evenings at St. Crispin's Irregular Hobby day in Anaheim.  I have decent collection. And my wife also plays. The next St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby day is Oct 12th. It is by far one of the largest gaming club in the region. With over 400+ members and a decent setting.  I'm always game to play a bit rusty now. But it is easy to get back into it.  Also there is a huge loaner sets at the location. A no longer player donate over 400 pieces to the club for games. I use the Age of Destruction rules set.  And we ignore cards addiction at this time. Which works really good that means you can use older pieces still.

The event building is rather old fashioned Spanish building at 1127 N. Anaheim Blvd in Anaheim right off the 91 freeway.  Hobby day goes from 8 AM to 10 PM and is totally free with food for purchase. There is also traditional Battletech there as well.

dethtungue

• Corporal
« Reply #84 on: 10 October 2013, 15:53:22 »
We just started playing in Kalamazoo, MI. 
We have played Battletech for years, but we could use some help from experienced MWAOD players to get the most out of this game. 
You still out there 'Delton'?   8)

Cool.  I might take a trip down to play with you all.  It has been a while but I think I remember the rules.  PM me to let me know where you play and when.

Revengance

• Recruit
« Reply #85 on: 27 October 2013, 21:39:36 »
Orange ma and Keene nh.  Message me.

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 29 October 2013, 20:28:00 »
Orange ma and Keene nh.  Message me.

"Free Keene!!!!!"   

Sorry... I've been watching too many YOUTUBE videos   [copper] [copper] [copper] O:-) O:-) O:-) [copper] [copper] [copper] [wildandcrazy]

SGhost

• Recruit
« Reply #87 on: 14 November 2013, 14:58:50 »
Omaha, NE We have 3-8 player every Sunday at Krypton Comics from noon til 5:00 pm

Sgtops54

• Private
« Reply #88 on: 05 January 2014, 17:53:28 »
Acworth, Ga. here. Used to play a lot ten years ago. I cannot believe it has been that long.

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #89 on: 06 January 2014, 01:02:40 »
Acworth, eh?  That's not too far from where I am.  You still have your figures?

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.