Author Topic: Alexi Holt's Black Knight  (Read 2682 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Alexi Holt's Black Knight
« on: 28 October 2013, 18:39:58 »
After re-reading Targets of Opportunity I was thinking about the Black Knight's rebuild specs.

Some basic things . . .

Miss Direction was BL9-KNT which fought on Tukayyid.  Very clearly says it used a Vlar 300 XL to further it as a 9.

Mounts 2 ERPPCs, one 'extra' at the cost of some armor and both seem to be in the arms.

Mounts 4 Small Lasers, likely ERSL but maybe one was a SPL for anti-infantry work.

Still overheats unless properly managed.

Has medium lasers, at least two in the LA with a ERPPC.

No hatchet mentioned while other physical attacks are described in the book.

No mention is made of a Large or Large Pulse Laser in the book.

Based on ER/FM3145 we know the Knights' equipment would mount Clan weapons, something to give these elite troubleshooters an edge in combat.  Holt supposedly hits a Hatchetman (model unknown) in both legs and nearly strips the armor- a IS ERPPC would only take half, but a Clan ERPPC would take two thirds.

Did we ever get any other specifics on her mech?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Re: Alexi Holt's Black Knight
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2013, 20:07:22 »
Hmmm, this is not exactly the same but similar: http://cf.sarna.net/docs/mwda_dossiers/death_from_above_9.pdf

That's Barry Segal - a Band of Five member. He's mounting two ER PPCs and six small lasers of various size.
From memory, Alexi never got a dossier so I don't think we ever got official stats. But if a Band of Five member had a similar load out, it stans to reason it's a reasonably common.
Maybe Holt has just switched a few things around and introduced some clan tech to save weight, etc

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2013, 23:42:03 »
IIRC, Miss Direction was an antique SLDF machine who's name was given by one of its many, many pilots. Given how resilient Black Knights are, I wouldn't be surprised if it had been rebuilt numerous times and been through different models
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2013, 05:24:35 »
Well, based on the history in the novel I would of course say it started out as the SL standard 6.  Upgraded to the 9 before Tukayyid, it fell on New Earth during the Jihad which is where Holt was part of the team that salvaged it.

With the 2nd ERPPC, it is definitely a custom job now but I think it was modified from the 9.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."