Author Topic: What do the different colored bases mean?  (Read 3419 times)

Papabees

• Lieutenant
What do the different colored bases mean?
« on: 04 May 2014, 13:43:28 »
Hey! I have a slew of these miniatures that I think I'm going to sort through and part with but I wanted some info on what the different colored bases mean. Any help would be appreciated?

Fallen_Raven

• Major
Re: What do the different colored bases mean?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2014, 15:12:03 »
Assuming that they're anything like the more modern Heroclix, the non-black bases are the special "chase1"pieces of a set.

It could also be special team bases for enemy or ally characters. In that case, the color of the base indicates which pairing they go with.

1The "chase"piece being extremely rare, but not more powerful

Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2014, 16:34:58 »
Base colour is an indication of rarity.  Pre-AoD grey bases were unique prize support pieces.  Post-Aod Silver bases replaced the Grey and could be pulled in boosters, I believe.  Gold Bases were the prize support and were sometimes the same units as the silver bases though not always.  Red bases were the chase figure, one per set from AoD through Wolf Strike (maybe just Vanguard).  Blue Bases were special figures for a membership club whose name escapes me now.  There were four of those.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2014, 16:38:32 by Elusive »

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2014, 20:24:42 »
OK. Thanks for the help. Looks like I have about a dozen or so. Hopefully I can make a bit.

SpaceCowboy1701

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2014, 10:28:14 »
Blue are Officer's Club except for the Atlas "Solitude" for Jonah Levin, which was a convention exclusive, I believe.