Author Topic: 2014 MW:AoD World Championship Invite  (Read 3302 times)

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
2014 MW:AoD World Championship Invite
« on: 27 February 2014, 13:38:39 »
8th Annual Big June Tournament
MechWarrior: Age of Destruction
Saturday, June 7, 2014
The Foundry Game Store, Huntsville, AL
11:00 am registration; 12:00 pm start time
Battlemaster: Robert Spencer

1. “The Enemy of My Enemy is Still My Enemy”
Forces from several factions have landed on the world of Summer, seeking to claim the planet for their own.  But the capital city is heavily fortified, and rival factions must cooperate in order to secure victory.  Which temporary alliance will prevail?

2. Objective
Each player aims to defeat the other.

3. Battleforce Size/Composition
This event will consist of 4 preliminary rounds plus one final round.
Each player should bring 4 separate 900-point armies for the first four rounds.  Each preliminary army must be “faction pure” (see definition under Special Rules below) and must be of a different faction than the other three armies belonging to that player.  For this event, a faction pride card may be included in a player’s battleforce for 0 points if he meets the criteria for the lower point cost on that card.  FP #22 (Merc faction pride) or True Grit may be used, but players must pay the normal cost for using either of these cards.
During preliminary rounds, players will each have 5 orders per turn. 

Each preliminary army may only be used in one preliminary round.  Players must select which preliminary army they will be using for each round before observing their opponent’s force. 

In the fifth and final round, each player will select 2 of the preliminary armies they used in the preliminary rounds and combine them to make one 1800-point army.  If the two factions used in these two armies share a situational alliance card, then the player may use that card for 0 points.  If the two factions do not share a situational alliance card, then the player treats his army as if a situational alliance card for his two factions is in play (i.e., his pieces may make formations with one another), but he gains no faction ability. 

No faction pride card may be used in the final round.  If a player used a faction pride card in the preliminary rounds, and used build points for them, that player may replace those build points by adding units (which must be from their two chosen factions/allies) prior to the start of the final round.  Players must recalculate their build total to ensure that they have not exceeded 1800 points in this way.

During the final round, players will each have 7 orders per turn.

Determine the first player per the MechWarrior: Age of Destruction rules.

4. Rules Sets
MechWarrior: Age of Destruction and Falcon’s Prey: Upgrades rules will be in effect.   This is a Level 2 event – Falcon’s Prey: Upgrades, Champions 2012, and 3145 Upgrades are legal, but custom Sea Bass figures are not. 

5. Time Limit
Each preliminary round will last 50 minutes.  The final round will last 90 minutes.

6. Preparing the Battlefield
Set up the terrain and determine the first player per the MechWarrior: Age of Destruction rules. Players may bring a hand of 5 PC/mission cards for the event.  At least one card must be a planetary condition, and at least one card must be a mission.  For more information on how these cards are used, please refer to the WizKids standard tournament rules.

7. Special Rules
Before each round, each pair of opponents will chose one set of dice and one ruler/measuring tape.  Both players at each game board will use the same dice and measuring tool for the duration of that round.

“Faction Pure”: in order to be faction pure for this event, an army must consist entirely of units/cards that belong to one (and only one!) of the factions from the list below.  At least 50% of the army’s units (not including cards) must have the faction symbol of the chosen faction or of a house ally of that faction on their base at the start of the game, without recruitment.  Otherwise, all normal recruitment rules are in effect.

The Wolf Hunters and Mercenary are considered legal factions for this event.  In the case of the Mercenary faction, at least 50% of the army’s units (not including cards) must have no faction symbol on their base at the start of the game, and they must not be recruited to a different faction.

Acceptable Factions List:
Bannson’s Raiders
Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Hell’s Horses
Clan Nova Cat / Spirit Cats
Clan Sea Fox
Clan Wolf / Steel Wolves
Comstar
House Davion / Swordsworn
House Liao
House Kurita / Dragon’s Fury
House Steiner / Stormhammers
Mercenary
Rasalhague Dominion
Republic of the Sphere / Highlanders
Wolf Hunters

8. Victory Conditions
Use standard MechWarrior: Age of Destruction victory conditions.

This tournament will last for 5 rounds.  Before the first round, players will be paired off randomly; before rounds 2 through 5, players will be paired off by ranking.  The Champion of this year’s event will be the player with the best record at the end of the 5 rounds, determined first by wins, second by total victory conditions earned, and third by total VC 2 points accumulated.

9. Extras
The entry fee for this tournament will be $10 per player, paid to the Battlemaster during registration.  This fee helps to cover the cost of prize support.  We are intending to have at least one prize figure for every faction available, and most likely one figure for every participant.  More specifics on prize support will be posted closer to the date.

During registration, the Battlemaster will inspect all army lists for legality.  Any player whose army lists have already been inspected may assist the Battlemaster in checking the army lists of others.

A pizza order will be taken up at the beginning of the event.  The order will be called in after Round 2, so that players may eat immediately after Round 3.  Players should plan on bringing about $5 for half of a one-topping pizza, or $10 for a whole one-topping pizza.  For those who do not wish to order pizza, there is also a Subway restaurant next door to the store.
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Re: 2014 MW:AoD World Championship Invite
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2014, 21:01:52 »
Man, I'd really like to go to this, but I'm not sure if my school year will be over by this point.  Pretty sure our summer vacation starts a little after June, and as a teacher I can't really bail for a couple days right near the end. :/

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

guppylips

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2014, 05:49:34 »
Let me tell ya something brutha. When you step into the ring with me in huntsville, you are stepping into ma house. All you little mecha-maniacs need to recognize that you don't step into ma house and get in the good chair and throw your muddy boots up on ma clean table. When you step into ma house with your army, i am gonna destroy it. I will send your elementals and clan battle armors home in a body bag.

Oh yeeeeeaaah.

Don't come into ma house with yer armies and think there won't be a reckoning. Cause let me tell ya something brutha, there will be a reaving. You will be destroyed utterly brotha.

You think you have cheese brutha? I have peppah jack. I have frikkin jalepeno and habenaro brutha. I have cheese that will scald you  bruthah. You're gonna be in a world of hurt. I am gonna run you through a whole new universe of pain. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth brutha.

Oh yeeeeaaah.

I will feast upon yer army brutha. I will wash it down with the salty, bitter tears of my vanquished opponents. The playing board will be utterly vacant of your pieces. You will wail fer yer mudder, but she won't be there to wipe your brow brutha. She will pretend not to know you this june after she sees how completely i have destroyed you brutha.

Oh yeeeeaaah.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2014, 09:04:57 by guppylips »

ChrisSymons1981

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2014, 17:11:10 »
Let me tell ya something brutha. When you step into the ring with me in huntsville, you are stepping into ma house. All you little mecha-maniacs need to recognize that you don't step into ma house and get in the good chair and throw your muddy boots up on ma clean table. When you step into ma house with your army, i am gonna destroy it. I will send your elementals and clan battle armors home in a body bag.

Oh yeeeeeaaah.

Don't come into ma house with yer armies and think there won't be a reckoning. Cause let me tell ya something brutha, there will be a reaving. You will be destroyed utterly brotha.

You think you have cheese brutha? I have peppah jack. I have frikkin jalepeno and habenaro brutha. I have cheese that will scald you  bruthah. You're gonna be in a world of hurt. I am gonna run you through a whole new universe of pain. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth brutha.

Oh yeeeeaaah.

I will feast upon yer army brutha. I will wash it down with the salty, bitter tears of my vanquished opponents. The playing board will be utterly vacant of your pieces. You will wail fer yer mudder, but she won't be there to wipe your brow brutha. She will pretend not to know you this june after she sees how completely i have destroyed you brutha.

Oh yeeeeaaah.

Wow. Am I the only one to have the image of a couple of mechs dressed as Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan in my head?
You Say Fiery Crash? I Say Dynamic Entry.

guppylips

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2014, 21:33:27 »
then i feel i wa successful. Plus, i now have an idea for an april fools paint job next year  ;)