Author Topic: 2019 release schedule?  (Read 13534 times)

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
2019 release schedule?
« on: 31 January 2019, 21:35:39 »
Hi everyone, I was curious about the 2019 release schedule.  Has it been released yet?  I want to buy some minis but don't want to make an order and a week later, there's a new mini drop.   Thanks.
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: 2019 release schedule?
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2019, 21:43:40 »
https://ironwindmetals.com/index.php/release-schedule-main

right now only Q1 is up - Ryoken III-XP, Crusader 8L, and Swordsman primitive

word on the street (people seeing preorders pop up) is that Q2 will be Ursus II, Scourge, and Scarecrow

all of the 2017 fan funding is released except the swordsman - Hellspawn resculpt, Wolverine primitive, Balac Strike VTOL, Dark Age Catapult, Von Rohrs, Bellerophon, and the Black Wolf BA.

So far the Zibler Fast Strike Tank and the Emperor primitive have been funded and i assume we'll see them sometime in 2019

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2019, 17:39:13 »
Can't wait for the new stuff. Hope some non mech units will come out.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2019, 20:45:46 »
Can't wait for the new stuff. Hope some non mech units will come out.

Sad to say non Mech stuff is Fan Funding due to it having less sales then Mechs.

Q2 will be Ursus II, Scourge, and Scarecrow - This is correct. I will have a post about the Scourge since it was to be fan Funded about what we are going to do. I had penciled it in for a Distro release when it made the list due to it being asked about. But was not able to get the FF part moving before Q2 was announced.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2019, 11:42:13 »
Sad to say non Mech stuff is Fan Funding due to it having less sales then Mechs.

Q2 will be Ursus II, Scourge, and Scarecrow,,,
Is this all we are getting in Q2?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2019, 11:47:20 »
they cut the quarterly releases from four to three last year. unsure if the online exclusives have increased to compensate, though I feel like 2018 was a good year for fan funding compared to previous efforts.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2019, 12:37:31 »
I'm just waiting to see if and when the Valkyrie and Wasp get releases. Seems like CGL is comfortable enough to release new products/merchandise with the artwork that was disputed in the most recent Harmony Gold lawsuit. I wish they would give IWM permission to go ahead with the releases that had already been approved. I'm not really understanding why CGL won't do so unless designs like the Wasp/Valkyrie are off limits but the Marauder/Warhammer are ok.

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2019, 13:31:54 »
I'm just waiting to see if and when the Valkyrie and Wasp get releases.

I'm eager for these as well.  Really, any of these "classics". I've just about maxed out my Shadow Hawk/Ostscout capacity, and the few wasps I got before circulation ended are getting lonely.
Hayden

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2019, 22:29:20 »
I'm just waiting to see if and when the Valkyrie and Wasp get releases. Seems like CGL is comfortable enough to release new products/merchandise with the artwork that was disputed in the most recent Harmony Gold lawsuit. I wish they would give IWM permission to go ahead with the releases that had already been approved. I'm not really understanding why CGL won't do so unless designs like the Wasp/Valkyrie are off limits but the Marauder/Warhammer are ok.

From what I recall reading here "somewhere", the HG Lawsuit was against CGL (and the PC game companies) and did NOT include IWM.  Therefore, the case being "Dismissed with Prejudice" did NOT necessarily leave IWM free and clear.  Whoever made the post made it sound like HG could potentially come back and file a lawsuit against IWM if they released the Wasp, Valkyrie, and any others HG had their panties in a wad about.   :P  While it is true that IWM produced the Wasps & Valkyries sold at Gen Con, they were only SOLD at the CGL booth.  Sure, it "side-stepped" the issue, but Lawyers Like/Hate that sort of thing, so that's what happened.   :D

I'm sure we'll see them eventually, but I think IWM is just waiting for the air to clear, and maybe for HG to slink back under their rock.  I'm thinking someone posted that HG's deal with "Whoever" (The Japanese Company) was due to expire on 2020/2021 or so?  Once that happens, they won't be able to say squat anymore, so maybe that's when we'll see the Classic Wasp & Valkyrie in production again?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2019, 17:27:48 »
I'm thinking someone posted that HG's deal with "Whoever" (The Japanese Company) was due to expire on 2020/2021 or so?  Once that happens, they won't be able to say squat anymore, so maybe that's when we'll see the Classic Wasp & Valkyrie in production again?   ???

That's my suspicion too -- that everyone's waiting for Tatsunoko to kick you-know-who to the curb in 2021 before doing anything. But maybe, maybe not, because I also heard there was a "gentlemen's agreement" between IWM and CGL that CGL would be allowed to make the remaining Classics first in plastic, and then IWM would be cleared to make metal minis. And it could be something as simple as when the box sets were being designed, the Sword of Damocles was over CGL's head vis-a-vis the Macross Classics, making hem off limits till too late in the process, and so they want to see how the current sets do financially before jumping full-bore into more plastics. 

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2019, 17:53:50 »
i refuse to completely discount any theory, no matter how absurd, until i'm holding the minis in my hands.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2019, 20:24:46 »

Q2 will be Ursus II, Scourge, and Scarecrow - This is correct. I will have a post about the Scourge since it was to be fan Funded about what we are going to do. I had penciled it in for a Distro release when it made the list due to it being asked about. But was not able to get the FF part moving before Q2 was announced.

Do you have an ETA on when the Shen Long, Buraq and Leonidas (IIRC) will be arriving on the IWM store? I can't wait to get my hand on more 3145 BAs!!
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2019, 15:04:57 »
Shen Long and Leonidas are complete; hit a delay with the holidays and a bit of mis-communication, then a wait to see if Topps had anything to say. Don't know if that's really anything towards when they'll be added to the store, but the best I've got at the moment.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 25 February 2019, 17:08:51 »
So, has Topps always had to approve each model release or is that a relatively new thing?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2019, 08:42:28 »
So, has Topps always had to approve each model release or is that a relatively new thing?

Always has been a thing and before Topps someone at Wizkids 1.0 approved work.

In reference to the posts about the Classics, as I have said before it’s complicated and for not there is nothing new to say about them. At some point down the road once the decision above me has been made and I can relay the news I will make an announcement about it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2019, 19:43:11 »
I'd just like to see the Q4 2018 stuff finally make it to the IWM store.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2019, 07:18:06 »
I'd just like to see the Q4 2018 stuff finally make it to the IWM store.

Going to have it up when I am back from Cincycon. I got pictures done and just have to create the records. Ran out of time last night.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2019, 10:09:31 »
So around Monday or Tuesday, then?

Sounds good.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2019, 12:15:15 »
So around Monday or Tuesday, then?

Sounds good.

By Tuesday for sure. Depending on when I get home Monday is if I get it done.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #19 on: 07 March 2019, 01:06:09 »
Ah, so any chance it'll happen tomorrow?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2019, 06:28:00 »
It will be tonight, came home from convention with a head cold so spent Monday and  Tuesday being miserable. I am finally feeling better.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2019, 10:24:25 »
Ah.  Yes, I too am familiar with the horrors of Con Crud.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2019, 11:19:21 »
Ugh, I was so wrapped up in my current miniatures project, I forgot to order the Swordsman and new Crusader this time around hahah.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2019, 21:09:07 »
Finally got them posted.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2019, 21:28:12 »
Yay!

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: 07 March 2019, 21:54:18 »
MS-008 Radar Array (Large)...

Huh??? Surprises for us Speck???
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2019, 08:41:15 »
MS-008 Radar Array (Large)...

Huh??? Surprises for us Speck???

Not really a surprise since a few made it to Gencon for sale. But one of the metal parts need to be adjusted so that is why the delay.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 08 March 2019, 10:13:26 »
The presence of a Small Radar Array kind of gave away that there would be a Large Radar Array.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #28 on: 08 March 2019, 10:38:12 »
but what about the smedium array?

looking forward to what the rest of 2019 brings

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 08 March 2019, 15:49:11 »
I ordered the Vixen 6, but this model isn't recognized on the MUL. ???

Register