Author Topic: The Moons of Epsilon Eridani  (Read 2102 times)

Deadfire

• Recruit
  • Why am I here again? Oh yea, the Lore!
    • My Sarna Userpage
The Moons of Epsilon Eridani
« on: 15 March 2018, 10:02:09 »
After doing some updating of Sarna I came across an oddity with reference to the number of Moons the planet "Epsilon Eridani" has.

According to Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 238, "Epsilon Eridani" the planet only has 1 moon, and goes further to show an orbital view of the planet with only 1 moon. This representation is consistent with earlier information on the Planet. However in Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani, p.3-4, "Atlas" it points out there are really 2 moons, and goes on to present an orbital view of the planet with 2 moons on the following page.

So are you saying that a Moon, just appeared In the year 3141, at this time of publication, in this part of the universe, localized ENTIRELY within the orbit of Epsilon Eridani...?
« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 10:14:36 by Deadfire »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: The Moons of Epsilon Eridani
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2018, 10:55:10 »
It has a wide elitical orbit.
Two moons is correct. The older publication is incorrect (and has been known to contradict other sources).
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Deadfire

• Recruit
  • Why am I here again? Oh yea, the Lore!
    • My Sarna Userpage
Re: The Moons of Epsilon Eridani
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2018, 11:11:50 »
It has a wide elitical orbit.
Two moons is correct. The older publication is incorrect (and has been known to contradict other sources).

Awesome thanks alot for clearing this up. As well now we have another Battletech Meme.