Author Topic: large infantry platoons combined in single cards  (Read 1410 times)

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
large infantry platoons combined in single cards
« on: 25 May 2018, 18:53:24 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/7226/foot-platoon-marian-x4-ballistic
Hi there.
Taking the Marian Hegemony infantry platoons example, the AS card indicate that you need 4 cards to deploy an infantry platoon as it represent 100 troopers. So each platoon is 25 troopers.
 I've been thinking that perhaps that kind of subdivision at total warfare scale was due to the lack of "physical space" to mark that size of infantry platoon on the record sheet. But in ALPHA STRIKE there is no limitation of physical space in a record sheet.
 So, can we get an ALPHA STRIKE card that account for a full Marian Hegemony platoon?
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: large infantry platoons combined in single cards
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2018, 19:23:24 »
Nope.
Alpha Strike still uses BT construction rules, a 31+ infantry unit is illegal. Fluff is that they are 100, rules wise they are four 25 person units.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2018, 19:28:58 »
Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2018, 15:06:06 »
Also, keep in mind that the damage for infantry is calculated based on the number of soldiers in the unit. If you combined the platoon into one card, it would be a unit with 4/4/0 damage and A/S 8/4. Killing off troops would not change its potential damage like when you have separate platoons.

Additionally, there's times that you would rather have 4 attacks rather than one attack with a high damage value.

Plus, 100 soldiers would be a mob with a 4 inch base LOL Not very practical for movement.

Now if you're talking about one card with multiple squads, so you can track the damage separately, that would work. It would require some photoshop, but easily done.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2018, 15:37:54 »
Hi there. I was talking about to use a single card for a whole platoon. But your explanation about how the potential damage could work for such a large unit helps me to understand why they should keep separated. Thank you.

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2018, 10:36:36 »
I post a couple platoon sheets out on facebook that might fix this for you. If you're not already a member of the group, join up!  :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BattletechInternationalAlphaStrike

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2018, 10:44:25 »
I post a couple platoon sheets out on facebook that might fix this for you. If you're not already a member of the group, join up!  :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BattletechInternationalAlphaStrike

I'm already a member of that group  :thumbsup:
Hope yo try this new card soon. I want to run various WoB augmented infantry platoons  >:D

Register