Author Topic: Where can I find quirks?  (Read 2563 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Where can I find quirks?
« on: 17 November 2019, 17:40:06 »
Where's the best place to find a mech's quirks?  Is there a list somewhere?   Sarna has been helpful, but I get the feeling it's missing some.  Like I've heard the Shadow Hawk has the battlefist quirk, but sarna doesn't mention it anywhere so I'm wondering if I misheard or if sarna is incomplete for mech quirks.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Where can I find quirks?
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2019, 17:42:43 »
BMM has a list of all mechs not officially assigned quirks by 2017. They started getting them in TROs... starting with prototypes maybe?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2019, 18:47:21 »
Prototypes was the first TRO to list quirks,  yes.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2019, 18:54:25 »
StratOps was the first core book with them. BMM is an expanded list.

Actually, they're the one thing I really think should be taken out of the BMM. It's the 'first bike sans training wheels' book, and quirks are pretty advanced; mountain bike territory, to abuse the metaphor.

edit- maybe not advanced, but they can really change the dynamics of some mechs, and are one more thing to keep track of.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2019, 19:09:46 »
Ah, thanks, I knew i had it in one of the printed books somewhere!  :beer:

And I was right about Sarna not being the best source I guess.  It's missing more than just the Shadowhawk and in the case of the Bushwacker, it had extra.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2019, 20:01:20 »
Xotl's RAT also had a list in a couple of forms (by quirk and by 'mech).  I think he may have removed them in the latest version, though, since the BMM is now out.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2019, 21:58:07 »
StratOps was the first core book with them. BMM is an expanded list.

Actually, they're the one thing I really think should be taken out of the BMM. It's the 'first bike sans training wheels' book, and quirks are pretty advanced; mountain bike territory, to abuse the metaphor.

edit- maybe not advanced, but they can really change the dynamics of some mechs, and are one more thing to keep track of.

But the BMM was deliberately written to include advanced rules like quirks.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman