Author Topic: <Warning Spoilers> Opening Night with the Avengers! (Official Thread!)  (Read 29411 times)

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
They didn't show how he got out, but the simplest solution is his teleportin'
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Technically yes, but he wasn't shown using a short range type of teleportation anywhere else in either The Avengers or Thor.  All he really seems to do is transport himself between Earth and Asgard (and wherever he was at the beginning of Avengers).
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Technically yes, but he wasn't shown using a short range type of teleportation anywhere else in either The Avengers or Thor.  All he really seems to do is transport himself between Earth and Asgard (and wherever he was at the beginning of Avengers).

Didn't he teleport* from one part of Stark tower to another?

*- Gotta talk to Mozilla, teleport isn't in their dictionary so it shows as misspelled.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
I thought it was more of an "image displacement" thing - eg. "I'm here but my image is there", something no doubt handy for a Trickster god. Doesn't explain how he got out of the box though.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
So...I was talking with a friend yesterday, and I reached a conclusion:

The Infinity Gauntlet is shown in Thor in the Asgard trophy room.
Thanos is the guy revealed during the first Easter Egg.

I wonder: was all this a plot by Loki to get the Tesseract back to Asgard(where it could be used to repair Bifrost)
and get where he could steal the Infinity Gauntlet and give it to Thanos?

Remember: mind like a bag of cats.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
So...I was talking with a friend yesterday, and I reached a conclusion:

The Infinity Gauntlet is shown in Thor in the Asgard trophy room.
Thanos is the guy revealed during the first Easter Egg.

I wonder: was all this a plot by Loki to get the Tesseract back to Asgard(where it could be used to repair Bifrost)
and get where he could steal the Infinity Gauntlet and give it to Thanos?

Remember: mind like a bag of cats.

Or was Thanos playing him the whole time. It's not like he had that army ready to go. It was deploying piecemeal from its mother ship. Thanos could have been playing Loki the whole time.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Marwynn

• Major
Or they were playing each other...

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
I didn't see the gauntlet in the store room.. but i do admit i was not looking for it.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
I did.  I'm still wondering why Thanos right glove is there.  I didn't notice, in Avengers, was he doing the Michael Jackson thing?  :D
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

idea weenie

• Major
Or was Thanos playing him the whole time. It's not like he had that army ready to go. It was deploying piecemeal from its mother ship. Thanos could have been playing Loki the whole time.

I'd see it as Thanos setting up the army in a rough region, centered around the mothership.  He knows Loki will open the portal roughly in that region, so he has scattered the force around.  This way no matter where the portal opens up, he has troops immediately available.  From there, he sends the rest of the forces towards the portal, allowing more and more troops to pile through.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Also, that portal wasn't that big.  Bunching his forces together would have caused a log jam that would have made them an easy target if, say, someone were to try shooting a nuclear missile into it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

bytor

• Lieutenant
I finally saw this movie last night, and I loved it.  The best superhero movie to date, I think.  Looking forward to a rewatch soon.

Oh, no doubt Thanos was playing him.  Thanos is very much the long game type of villain, and will manipulate his allies, directly or indirectly, while he moves all of his pieces into place.  This isn't even the opening salvo for him, I think. 

I really can't wait to see how that develops.  How much Thanos' backstory will they use, if any?  And, will they bring in some of his old foes, particularly Mar-Vell?  I would be in comic heaven to see Mar-Vell in one of these movies, he was a big favorite of mine. 

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close semblance to the first."
-Attributed to General Aleksandr Kerensky

Register