Author Topic: Project LEGION: Forgotten Treasures  (Read 17829 times)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Project LEGION: Forgotten Treasures
« on: 08 August 2020, 13:59:04 »
I just want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of what I have been doing.  Attached to this post will be all of the previous story's in order with the updated Field Manual and the Hegemony Combat Power pamphlet showcasing the equipment used by the Exiled Hegemony and how they acquired it.  I hope that everyone enjoys where this next phase in the story telling leads. 

In order:

Into the Shadows (Prequel)

From the Shadows (book 1)

Operation: Restore Hope

Shadows of the Dead (book 2)

Field Manual: Terran Hegemony-in-Exile Armed Forces (Update)

Hegemony Combat Power (break down of technologies and equipment used by the HAF and how they acquired it)

Still to come is technologies developed by the Hegemony which have yet to see battlefield service.  They will appear throughout phase two of this story and I hope that you all like it.

I want to thank Maingunnery for helping with designing the Hadron awhile back and for allowing the use of his designs.  I would also like to thank Marauder648 who let me pretty much take anything I wanted from his source projects and allow me to use it.  Without him I would be forced to actually design things myself.  Which I did just have to get someone to draw them all up.  Which is a pain to track anyone down who is not already busy thanks to Marauder648 himself lol.

I would also like to thank Gruese who is responsible for designing the awesome interactive 3025 map https://www.gruese.de/innersphere/ here.  He made me quite a few maps already and is slated to make some more maps that show the Terran Hegemony and its occupied territories.  I just need to input the locations of the hidden home worlds as soon as I figure out the coordinates system and how to mark it.
Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure and see where Duchess Sarah Ryan takes her fledgling nation.

Again thank you all for your support and I hope you enjoy.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
Re: Project LEGION: Forgotten Treasures
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2020, 13:59:52 »
From the Shadows

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2020, 14:01:14 »
Restore Hope

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2020, 14:01:46 »
Shadows of the Dead

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2020, 14:02:55 »
Hegemony Combat Power

Also here is the link for the download of the Field Manual as its too big for the forums.  Everything will also be located here.

Download link for all current universe materials

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZTI0kJe4YShO6X2bOk9ogwHLypjm7Art?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 08 August 2020, 14:05:12 by Kasaga »

tbf2_1

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2020, 21:39:23 »
This is great stuff.. would love to see a complete TOE of the Legion ... would be a good read

Thanks again

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2020, 02:02:01 »
This is great stuff.. would love to see a complete TOE of the Legion ... would be a good read

Thanks again
Yes please
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 09 August 2020, 08:14:55 »
It will come out.  I'll do a historical and show the Legion in action but it will not be now. 

tbf2_1

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 09 August 2020, 11:05:11 »
Thats fine with me.. i can wait.. for sure will be a intereting read...

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 09 August 2020, 11:08:46 »
Thats fine with me.. i can wait.. for sure will be a intereting read...

You're looking for the organization of the Legion units prior to 3057 correct before coming out as part of the Hegemony in exile?  If so that won't take me long to reformat and toss in Fan Fic Units.  I have that break down.  Suffice to say 4 regiments all SLDF patterned: 1 Dragoon, 1 Hussar and 2 Light Horse. I will break it down here in just a few.

« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 11:40:12 by Kasaga »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2020, 11:41:54 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=70551.0

Here is the breakdown on the Dark Storm Legion for you.  This is a Table of Organization only no equipment breakdowns.  I will do one of those later after I get this story rocking and rolling.  Suffice to say the four Legion's compare to active Hegemony-in-Exile Independent regiments found in the Field Manual.

tbf2_1

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2020, 13:00:32 »
i was wanting to see a TOE over time of Project Legion.. from there beginnings to Present day.. but i can wait.. it takes time and Real Life comes first... i would love to see what Legion makes a month in Mechs and warhips and all of it in between.......

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2020, 13:33:03 »
i was wanting to see a TOE over time of Project Legion.. from there beginnings to Present day.. but i can wait.. it takes time and Real Life comes first... i would love to see what Legion makes a month in Mechs and warhips and all of it in between.......

OHHH ok.  you are talking about the Terran Hegemony-in-Exile and what its equipment used is.  Look at Hegemony Combat Power.  There is a breakdown of all of their equipment used with a short description of how they obtained it and so on.  I'm still building the RATs so that will require some work.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 09 August 2020, 13:52:25 »
thanks for the links
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 09 August 2020, 18:45:24 »
For those playing at home we now have a map of the hidden worlds of the Nova California Province of the Terran Hegemony circa 2830.  I will also show you the map circa 3058 following Operation Guerrero.

Terran Hegemony-in-Exile 2830

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2020, 18:50:19 »
And here is the Terran Hegemony-in-Exile circa 3058.  Over the next story you will see the evolution of the Hegemony for good and bad.  I hope you all enjoy.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2020, 20:44:51 »
okay for those of us playing at home.   I thought the Terran Hegemony-in-Exile was a fallback point, I thought they were outside of the Inner Sphere out in the Rim.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 09 August 2020, 21:05:10 »
nope they were hidden in plain sight.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2020, 21:21:32 »
Thanks~!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2020, 22:25:49 »
nope they were hidden in plain sight.
interesting

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2020, 04:06:08 »
interesting

Go and look at other maps of the area prior to from the main timeline and tell me if those planets are there.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2020, 19:28:00 »
Vengeance For The Dead

Prologue

Unknown Planet
Core-ward Periphery
07 July 3063

The team watched as the birdlike machine moved through the shadows.  Fading in and out of view.  The ‘hunters’ were not even aware that their prey had doubled back around on them.  The Star Commander called out his observations to his mates.  The two OmniMechs and two points of Elementals continued forward unawares that they were not the prey. 
   Star Commander Rick watched from the cockpit of his Mad Dog as he a point of his Elementals moved into the last known position of the elusive bandit.  “Pay attention, this surrat is bound to stumble over his own feet any moment.”  He put out alerting his fellow watch members that they were looking for an amateur. 
   The poor clansmen didn’t even know that their communications had been compromised.  The whole operation was a setup to test out new equipment under battlefield conditions.  A requirement of the scientists’ new partners.  “This is Etienne, finish this.”  He said and turned to the representative.  “Now you will see what your resources have bought you.”  He said.
   The man in the fatigues simply nodded and turned to his fellows exchanging looks.  Turning back, they watched as the scout’s returned to their prey.  The shadowy figures darted around tripping motion and MAD scanners but failing to come up on visual and thermal viewers.  The strangers watched as one of the shadowy forms halted and hunkered down.  The display in the bunker lit up showing the Ice Ferret being painted by the recon ‘Mech. 
   On the other side of the jungle valley another recon ‘Mech did the same targeting a Mad Dog.  The icon’s flashed from green to red and everyone watched from the other side of the valley as missile contrails erupted from two separate parts of the jungle and 72 missile swarmed in on each unsuspecting OmniMech. 

The first warning Star Commander Rick had was the missile warning tone in his cockpit and then he saw the stream of missiles coming in on him.  Cursing he looked for a position of cover and darted for a rock outcropping between him and the volley of missiles coming in on him. 
   “Cover, incoming missiles!”  He screamed into his pickups.  He watched as his Elementals scattered and the Pouncer with him darted off into the thick trees.  Rick was almost to the outcropping when the first wave of missiles began hammering his ‘Mech.  The pounding ripped the left arm off his Mad Dog B losing his two large lasers mounted there.  Rick worked out where the volley had come from and backed out of the outcropping and loosed a flight from his LRM-20 before closing back up to the rocks. 
   Rick looked at his Star’s status display and noticed several of his mates were not reporting status not even destroyed.  “Sound off.”  He ordered.
   “Point 2. Lost both arms and my reactor shielding is breached.”  Reported MechWarrior Sarah.  Her Ice Ferret taking half of the incoming missiles either through direct impacts or from overpressure damage from impacting the trees and ground around her ‘Mech.
   “Point 3.”
   “Point 4, one down.”  Point Commander Jake reporting one of his Elementals was dead.
   “Point 5.” 
   “Reform at point Epsilon.”  He ordered.  The rally point having been set on their nav computers before they exited the DropShip making them move back up the Valley from wince they came.  “Clearly we were not briefed well for this mission.  We must gain a better picture of the situation.”  Rick explained as he began launching volleys of LRMs towards the launch points.
   “Missile, missile, missile.”  The computer called out again.  This time he looked and didn’t have a chance.  Both streams of missiles were arcing in on his position.  He now knew he had one-hundred and forty-four missiles streaming in on his position.  He caught a glimpse of movement to his left and as he heard his LRMs cycle he loosed another flight and stabbed the moving shadow with all three of his pulse lasers.  The shadow shimmered and fell under the impact giving him the slightest target.  Just enough for his streak launchers to lock on.  He fired both of his six-packs sending twelve missiles at the little ‘Mech as it tried to stand back up from it landing on a tree.  He watched as his missiles tore into the little machine just as his world exploded.

Jerrod Murry watched as the Vulture exploded and the ejection system kicked the pilot up and clear of the doomed OmniMech.  He would want to speak with that MechWarrior when this was over.  Should he live.  The smaller trooper ‘Mechs were now spilling into the valley to hunter down the remaining two ‘Mechs and the Elementals.  He had seen enough.  These new ‘Mechs developed by Etienne’s people and the HRAD team assigned to this society cell worked wonders. 
   Jerrod knew this wasn’t the work of this specific cell though.  They were not setup for weapons research.  They were all geneticists.  He wasn’t here to steal their secrets of the Clan breeding program.  No, he was here to find out why they were running one in secret at all.  What could backfire onto the Hegemony.  Director Salazar needed this information as both he and the Duke were worried about the ramifications of our support for this Society should they do something that would enrage the Clan’s and use equipment that both the Society and Hegemony operate.  That would point the Clans at the Hegemony.  Jerrod knew the Hegemony could hold the Homeworlds but fighting the entire Inner Sphere and the Clans might be the tipping point.  Especially if everyone showed up at once.
   The Bandit Caste personnel brought in for this test hunted down the last of the Wolves as they raced back to their Broadsword.  The DropShip was already powering up its engines as Society fighters swooped in to attack the grounded ship.  The Anti-Ship missiles brought by the SAD group were already in play as the scientists’ pilots in their new Hadron fighters unleashed six of the potent missiles.  Destroying the main drives on the Broadsword the ship began to settle back down on its landing gear as the last few Elemental’s and the Pouncer arrived to find their ship disabled.
   “I want them.”  Jerrod caught himself saying.
   “Excuse me Jerrod?”  Etienne asked.
   “I want the survivors.  All of them.  They will come with me.”  Jerrod said with conviction.  The other people with him, all members of SAD caught on quickly enough and all gave the Scientist-General the look of hard men ready to do dirty work.  “Mr. Balzac,” Jerrod said playing to his ego.  “I would like to bring these Wolves with me.  I feel they could be useful.”
   Etienne looked hard for a moment and then looked towards the only Society military man in the room receiving a shrug.  Nodding Etienne continued.  “Of course, this makes it easier then killing them I supposed.”
   “Keep what equipment they have.  Add it to your cause.  You know you will need Battle Armor and any OmniMechs you can get.”  Jerrod said smiling.
   “Well, I thought you would want more examples to study.”  Etienne offered.
   “No, I believe the tech examples you gave me will suffice.”  Jerrod replied.  Little did the fat scientist know, they were manufacturing them on mass now.  “Thank you for the consideration.  Between our joint efforts and the examples of Omni-Technology we recovered from the Inner Sphere.  I believe we are going to be ok.”
   “As you wish.”  Etienne conceded.  Now he would have to have the equipment repaired and transported to one of the caches.  “What is the progress of the Alexandria?”  He said catching Jerrod.
   “Oh, coming along nicely.  I believe you will be happy with the timetable adjustments.”  Jerrod replied.
   The mention of the timetable shocked him.  He was afraid that something like this would come up.  The Clans could almost never build a Warship on time and on budget.  “Is there any concern?”  Etienne inquired.
   “No, I meant it when I said you could be happy with the adjustments.”  Jerrod turned away from the bunker ferro-glass.  “The Alexandria and the Pergamum are due to launch in six months and begin trials.  I believe they will be on their way to you in the next year to eighteen months.”
   That admission nearly gave Etienne a heart attack.  “Eighteen months.”  He repeated.
   “Yes sir.  Eighteen months.  I think it is time for you to assemble your crews.  We can meet them halfway and train them on the operations of the ships by the time we reach Sanctuary.”  Jerrod offered.
   It was Etienne’s turn to turn around and stare out into the jungle.  He repeated it again.  “Eighteen months…”
« Last Edit: 11 August 2020, 05:13:50 by Kasaga »

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2020, 17:43:39 »
Go and look at other maps of the area prior to from the main timeline and tell me if those planets are there.
I have to say I have not looked at all my old maps from Battletech, but the few I quickly did online don't show them.   In the 3025 timeframe....
But I honestly thought that they were an hidden colony outside the Inner Sphere, designed as a fallback option, kinda like Nova Terra was orginally in Warhammer 40k. 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2020, 18:13:22 »
No I wanted to keep it a guess for everyone.  With how I am writing everything.  The worlds are still hidden from everyone.  I just wanted you all to see them finally. 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2020, 18:14:22 »
SIMC Headquarters
Tian-Tan, St. Ives
St. Ives Compact
17 June 3065

Colonel Nathan Armstrong walked the halls of the Compacts military headquarters as he was summoned by Senior Colonel Caroline Seng.   The St. Ives Military Commands senior officer and his direct commander for his regiment’s assignment to the Compact.  Armstrong arrived during Operation Restore Hope and along with the Bismarck has been responsible for supporting the Compacts defense of the capital. 
   Armstrong arrived at the Colonel’s office and was greeted by her aid.  “Colonel Seng said to come right in.”  The Major said.
   “Thank you, Major Yong.”  Armstrong said as he continued on through the lobby and into the Colonel’s office.
   Knocking he opened the door and entered.  He was surprised to see Senior Colonel Seng and Duchess Candace Allard-Laio.  “Duchess, Senior Colonel?”  He said saluting. 
   “Thank you for coming Nathan.  The Duchess has some grave news for us.  Please sit down.”  Seng said and offered the chairs in the sitting area.
   “Let me guess the Confederation is attacking again?”  Armstrong quipped.
   “No Colonel, worse.”  Candace stated flatly.
   “Ma’am?”  He replied on instinct.
   “The coalition expeditionary force after hitting Gibson was forced to bail out Thomas Marik on Atreus and Marik.  Archon Prince Victor led the force to Atreus and Duke Michael to Marik.  Two major naval battles took place and the Duke was killed over Marik when the Terra was lost.”  Candace could see the look on Armstrong’s face, like someone had reached in and ripped his heart out.  “Duchess Sarah Ryan and Vice Admiral Rhinehart rallied the Hegemony forces and beat back the Blakist fleet and hit the planet.  They are now heading for the March and have sent out the recall order.”
   “Ma’am, am I being recalled to the Sarna March?”  Armstrong inquired. 
   “No, You and the 66TH on indicass are remaining behind as of right now and we are forming brigades around both of your regiments.  Each Regiment will be reinforced by the conventional brigades you have been training with these past couple of years.”  This came from Seng.  “Then we will redeploy portions of our military to cover the territory left vacant from our deployment of Kai’s task force.” 
   “Yes Ma’am.  We will continued to serve.”  Armstrong said almost hauntingly. 
   “Colonel.”  Candace stated getting his attention.  “The Word of Blake is already hammering the Confederation and my Nephew knows we don’t have the troops to protect the compact and to assist in repelling these fanatics.  They have a much larger military than anyone guessed and they have been striking everywhere.  Already your 13TH Jump Infantry Division is heading to Sian to relieve the worlds defenders with a pair of warrior houses.  This fight has spread more quickly than we could have imagined.  I expect we will be attacked soon.” 
   Armstrong thought for a moment and nodded.  “It would make sense.”  He began.  “They must have had troops stationed everywhere.”
   “They did indeed.  Tharkad, New Avalon, Luthien, Sian.  All hit within forty-eight hours of the troops landing on Atreus.  The entire Compact is on alert and so is the Commonwealth, Combine and Republic.  The Confederation still has its HPGs run by the Blakist.  We will be coordinating with the Strategios as soon as Sian is relieved to sweep Confederation worlds clean of Blakist personnel.”  Seng looked at him and then to the Duchess.  “I just hope they don’t drop any nukes on our heads.  They have refrained from doing that on planets so far but in space.  Well, that’s another story.”

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2020, 18:21:46 »
2ND Half 3065

Throughout the rest of 3065, Hegemony forces repositioned out of the Free Worlds League and began forming ad-hock Task Forces of a few divisions and one or two independent regiments to strike at known Word of Blake Positions across the Inner Sphere.  As the Word of Blake poked its head up a Task Force would strike with local forces and hammer them back into the ground.  This was when the Word changed their tactics.  Splitting up they would strike a half dozen worlds in a Sphere wide raiding campaign that began tying up large portions of the HAF and  the military's of the Great Houses.  When Duchess Ryan returned to Nova California she called a summit of the Inner Sphere leaders to be held on Nova California in the spring of 3066.  Until then the HAF would go onto the defensive while the fleet completed its reorganization.

georgiaboy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2020, 18:50:43 »
Having the Summit on Nova Cali is a mistake. Someone on one of the VIP's staffs could be a wobbie and could have a device to lead the other scum to him.
"Constructive critism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 11 August 2020, 19:46:07 »
No I wanted to keep it a guess for everyone.  With how I am writing everything.  The worlds are still hidden from everyone.  I just wanted you all to see them finally.
all good, so hidden worlds like how Comstars did it

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2020, 04:53:53 »
Jan-Mar 3066

3066 Starts off with the battles of Tharkad and New Avalon in full swing.  Word of Blake forces have invaded both state capitals of the Federated Commonwealth in the hopes of decapitating the governments while the Archon-Prince is in the Free World's League with Coalition forces.

Chancellor Sun-Tsu Liao and Duke Kai Allard-Liao are returning to their respective nations from the coalition operations ongoing within the Free World's League.  While in transit the small fleet of Warships and JumpShips is attacked at Calloway while recharging drives.  The Word of Blake battlegroup is reinforced by Free World's League defectors and numerous unidentified naval units.  The fight at the jump point is fierce and the fleet begins executing an emergency jump clear of the system.  Jumping to Jasmine the Coalition forces run into a second Blakist squadron waiting at their jump point.  With drive capacitors empty and lithium-fusion batteries drained coalition forces are forced to stand. 

Sun-Tzu and Kai detached from the fleet and burn for Jasmine while the joint Confederation-Compact squadron fights a running battle all the way to orbit.  Of the Coalition fleet the CCS Franco Martell  took the brunt of the attack.  Between the three Blakist warships and their modified DropShips launching capital missiles the Capellan's were forced onto the defense early.  The SIS Warlock was lost when it shielded the Chancellor's dropship from a barrage of capital missiles while being the target of a Blakist heavy cruiser. 

Confederation and Compact ground forces would land on Jasmine to find the Warrior House Ijori in a desperate fight against a Word of Blake Division and several mercenary commands.  The Coalition ground forces landed and moved to support the stricken Capellan Command while Compact communications personnel sent calls for help to the compact utilizing FedCom Black Boxes. 

Fighting on Luthien forced the Coordinator Theodore Kurita to retreat from the capital world.  Kokuryu-kai (Black Dragon Society) and Word of Blake forces were in a three way fight with the traitorous 2ND Sword of Light and the mercenary Sathen's Snipers with the Black Dragons, the survivors of the Otomo and Izanagi Warriors and several other partial commands fighting with the loyalists and the Word of Blake's 9TH Division.  Fighting could continue on for most of the year without any sign of relenting.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2020, 05:02:11 by Kasaga »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #29 on: 13 August 2020, 03:19:39 »
These maps are superb! Great writing as always!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/