Author Topic: New Retail Account info.  (Read 3712 times)

CaptCarnage

• Recruit
New Retail Account info.
« on: 01 December 2013, 14:11:43 »
We have tried to contact Iron Wind regarding setting up a retail account several times and have found them to be non-responsive.
What do we have to do to set up an account.
Call us after 12:00pm
519-434-8822
Ask for Dave.
Imperial Hobbies and Games
256 Dundas Street
London, Ontario
N6A 1H3
www.imperialhobbies.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248069402023259/

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Re: New Retail Account info.
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2013, 19:51:48 »
We have tried to contact Iron Wind regarding setting up a retail account several times and have found them to be non-responsive.
What do we have to do to set up an account.
Call us after 12:00pm
519-434-8822
Ask for Dave.
Imperial Hobbies and Games
256 Dundas Street
London, Ontario
N6A 1H3
www.imperialhobbies.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248069402023259/

You need to contact officewench@ironwindmetals.com, Melissa handles all of the retailer accounts.

CaptCarnage

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2013, 19:48:28 »
How long should I expect to wait for a reply?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2013, 22:00:58 »
How long should I expect to wait for a reply?

With it being the holiday season, they're probably pretty loaded up with orders- since she handles that as well, it may pay to be patient. One thing I've found with Melissa is that she's meticulous about details- she might take a bit to get back to you if it's busy there, but she WILL get back to you.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2013, 12:22:14 »
I second that.  She is brilliant to deal with and very helpful.

CaptCarnage

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2013, 17:58:14 »
It's been over a week and half since I sent the email asking about how to set up a retail account.
I know it's the holiday season, but a week and a half without at least responding and letting me know she is busy is not a very good response time.
I've tried calling them in the past and leaving a message, but they chose not to respond.
A friend and regular customer suggested that I try this site.

All I want to do is buy product for resale and since none of my suppliers carry Iron Wind any more I have to go direct
in order to carry their product.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2013, 18:55:30 »
I hate to allow business to possibly be taken away from myself as I am an online retailer too and ship to Canada...but I also hate to see someone not getting the help they need as I would appreciate the same in return when I need it.

You could always try the president Mike at mnoe@ironwindmetals.com. I just spoke to Mike & Melissa today, they are unbelieveably swamped right now.

Also check these links...
http://www.ironwindmetals.com/d/node/7
« Last Edit: 11 December 2013, 18:58:12 by Dragon41673 »
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2013, 19:15:22 »
Just to add some info...I agree with the following quote...

With it being the holiday season, they're probably pretty loaded up with orders- since she handles that as well, it may pay to be patient. One thing I've found with Melissa is that she's meticulous about details- she might take a bit to get back to you if it's busy there, but she WILL get back to you.

She does take a bit to get back to people, they are a little understaffed. She handles accounts, but she also helps out in packing, entering orders, fixing any issues that come up with orders (part 20-XXX was ordered and part 20-YYY was received...or the item was missing a small part like an arm or something), she also helps out the molders I believe from time to time to get orders out faster. She does a LOT more than just a couple things, but this will help to put her time in to perspective when it comes to not answering quickly.

She's a wonderful person to work with, she's always bent over backwards to help me out, fix issues I've had with parts missing & what not, as well as hear my gripes about a certain casting or when I think the casting should have come with extra weapons (like the recent Warwolf). She always takes her time to explain things in detail in the emails she sends, and is also good for a laugh sometimes when she tells jokes in the emails I receive. Mike is just as great, and always able to help if I need an answer "today" as he is a bit more free with his time than Melissa is. Can't fault her for her time being allotted so much, she's only one person doing about 5 other peoples jobs to make sure deadlines are hit (granted they never are...but sometimes they are close).

Once you speak to them, and get orders rolling...you will see how far beyond she goes sometimes for her accounts (not everytime...just sometimes). You'll sincerely appreciate them a lot more when that happens.

CaptCarnage

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2013, 19:47:53 »
My biggest concern is, is the people who want to play this game and buy their figs from me now may change to another system before I get their product on the shelf.
I don't want to blow it out on ebay again.
I have some nice pics of them playing Alpha Strike using DropZone Commander City Scape buildings.
We are one of the oldest gaming stores in Canada and one of the first to offer in-store gaming.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2013, 22:16:45 »
My biggest concern is, is the people who want to play this game and buy their figs from me now may change to another system before I get their product on the shelf.
I don't want to blow it out on ebay again.
I have some nice pics of them playing Alpha Strike using DropZone Commander City Scape buildings.
We are one of the oldest gaming stores in Canada and one of the first to offer in-store gaming.

I sent a email to Mike to find out what's going on.

CaptCarnage

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2013, 16:31:46 »
Hi guys.

I received an email from Melissa today.

Thanks for your help.
Dave.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2013, 16:38:30 »
Hi guys.

I received an email from Melissa today.

Thanks for your help.
Dave.

It was probably more so Speck's email than anything we did...but hang in there, things will get worked out for your benefit.