Author Topic: 3050-3145. Which designs survived?  (Read 7267 times)

Terrace

• Lieutenant
3050-3145. Which designs survived?
« on: 17 August 2013, 21:38:10 »
I've been wondering about this, and haven't shelled out for the 3145 PDFs. Which Clan Omnimechs that were introduced in 3050 are still in production/use ninety-five years later? I'm talking about the ORIGINAL Omnimechs, the first sixteen designs we ever knew about.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: 3050-3145. Which designs survived?
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2013, 21:41:49 »
Your best bet is to buy the clan objectives book.

Clan Jade Falcons orbital facility can make one off runs of some mechs.
Clan Wolf makes some timber wolves by hand.

I dont think clan sea fox makes any old omnis anymore. Maybe even back in 85
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2013, 22:17:09 »
The Nova, Kit Fox, Timber Wolf, and Dire Wolf are all in use between 3132-3145.  Three of those are in fact on the cover of Era Report 3145!

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2013, 22:53:46 »
Dire Wolf eh? That's surprising, I never saw any D-Wolves in any DA novels.

Clan Wolf makes some timber wolves by hand.

Is this mentioned in the XTRO? The impression i got from the Jihad SBs was that they could produce in limited numbers, while the numbers seen in DA suggest that the T-Wolf was back in full production.

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2013, 23:29:49 »
another source of equipment no longer in production is in The Wars of Reaving supplimental. it has a list of over a dozen designs that the home-world clans will no longer be able to field, for various reasons. you probably will be able to piece together info on Invader clan capablities... but the Clan objectives book will fill in the rest...

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2013, 23:30:16 »
A Dire Wolf makes an appearance in Masters of War, and three Dire Wolf minis in the clix game exist.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2013, 23:37:37 »
The Ghost Bears still produce Executioners and possibly Mad Dogs if I'm not mistaken.  They don't have the Viper anymore, not sure if they still do the Firemoth.

The Warhawk has never been produced in the Sphere.

The Falcons were able to produce Summoners, Kit Foxes, Novas, and Hellbringers, although they may have since switched to later designs.

I feel like someone was producing the Stormcrow, at least for a while.  The Ravens, maybe?  They might also have been able to do the Mad Dog.

The Wolves were kinda SoL for a while, having pretty much no factory capabilities whatsoever.  During the Jihad they were cobbling together Gargoyles from spare parts.  They've since started making Timber Wolves by hand.

As far as we know, no one is currently making the Adder, the Ice Ferret, the Mist Lynx or the Dire Wolf.

Of course, all of this is subject to change by Dark Age.  Did I miss anything?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2013, 23:43:03 »
I've looked into WoR Supplemental and Objecticves: Clans
and make a list:

Not produced anymore in Homeworlds:
Executioneer
Fire Moth
Hellbringer (almost)
Ice Ferret
Nova

Not produced at 3079 by IS clans:
Mist Lynx
Adder
Viper
Ice ferret (CWIE line destroyed by Blakists)
Stormcrow
Gargoyle
Warhawk
Daishi

« Last Edit: 17 August 2013, 23:45:32 by Siberian-troll »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2013, 23:44:35 »
The Dire Wolf and a few other Invasion era Omni's were produced by the Dragoons but with the loss of Outreach that source probably is long gone though it is possible that on the few occasions they returned to Outreach they may have attempted to salvage what they could so they could build there own mechs again on Ark Royal.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2013, 23:44:47 »
Huh, no Stormcrows?  Thought I saw someone somewhere in the Sphere making them.  Then again, I'm basing this off of my memory from Sarna.net.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2013, 23:48:28 »
The Bears produce Mad Dogs at Alshain, while DA showed waaaay back that they were also building Mad Dog IVs.

The Falcons(as seen in Rending of Falcons) produce the 3050 designs for the traditionalists while the later birdlike designs are produced for the radicals.

Stormcrow had "various" producers in TRO3050U, and i assumed most of the Clans have at least one Stormcrow factory even during the Jihad and after.

The WiE was making the Adder at Arc-Royal according to 3050U..

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2013, 23:51:08 »
The Bears produce Mad Dogs at Alshain, while DA showed waaaay back that they were also building Mad Dog IVs.

The Falcons(as seen in Rending of Falcons) produce the 3050 designs for the traditionalists while the later birdlike designs are produced for the radicals.

Stormcrow had "various" producers in TRO3050U, and i assumed most of the Clans have at least one Stormcrow factory even during the Jihad and after.

The WiE was making the Adder at Arc-Royal according to 3050U..

Re:  Stormcrow:  That doesn't necessarily mean they were making them in the Sphere, but then again, I seem to recall from who knows what that SOMEONE in the Sphere was making them.

Re:  the Adder:  Yeah, lots of crap got blowed up at different points in the Jihad, and also some designs were abandoned due to expense.  I'm not sure what case the Adder was, but I think that as of the most recent Objectives books, it ain't bein' made no more.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2013, 23:58:33 »
I guess the Ravens are most obvious. The Stormcrow is their totem and without it they would have no medium Omni post-Jihad.

The WiE really got de-fanged during the Jihad. M&M was one painful read for this faction and I thought during the 50 years between Jihad and DA they would be able to rebuild their Touman to Ulric-era levels.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2013, 00:03:02 »
I guess the Ravens are most obvious. The Stormcrow is their totem and without it they would have no medium Omni post-Jihad.

The WiE really got de-fanged during the Jihad. M&M was one painful read for this faction and I thought during the 50 years between Jihad and DA they would be able to rebuild their Touman to Ulric-era levels.

Kinda hard to rebuild to any significant degree when you've pretty much only got one continent.  When, resourcewise, you make the Blood Spirits look good, you're in a bad way.

The Crusader Wolves also got hammered pretty badly, although part of that was Vlad not setting up too many factories in the OZ before he ROYALLY pissed off every single Home Clan (and actually, the rest of the Invading ones as well).  The scouring of Tamar didn't help that much either.  They were kind of in a desperate place during the Jihad years, moreso than the Falcons or Bears.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2013, 00:30:33 »
Good explanation there. I just got my impression that the WiE had a good foundation for DA because of the number of their entries in TRO3085 and the mention that they still had actual WarShip(s) in one of the DA novels

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2013, 01:52:16 »
Bears produce the mad dog iii. Mad dog iv is made on tukayid at a sea fox installation.

Built in ghost bear space for ease of delivery it looks like.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2013, 05:54:41 »
Good explanation there. I just got my impression that the WiE had a good foundation for DA because of the number of their entries in TRO3085 and the mention that they still had actual WarShip(s) in one of the DA novels

WarShips are not that exceptional among the Clans even in the Dark Ages.  The Clans started with a lot more of them and a very strong experience base for using and maintaining them so most Clans still have a few kicking around, although their fleets are nothing like what they used to be.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Dreyf

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2013, 07:48:41 »
I dont think clan sea fox makes any old omnis anymore. Maybe even back in 85

Unfortunately it appears the Sharks/Foxes stopped omni production at Industriplex-C before the Blood Tricentennial and restarted production of omnis at a rebuilt Industriplex-C, but nothing has been said as to what omnis are/were produced at the facility either before or after.

Also, IIRC FM 3085 mentions that there are a total of 16 omnis lines in Clan space after the Blood Tricentennial and that includes old and new.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2013, 09:01:17 »
We make the vulture and mad cat omni's now. But our light, medium and assault designs are all fixed format designs.
Ironically the products published are all from a point of view that doesnt include the chaineline islands. So if we are building anything more than jumpships out there, and whatever forces are stationed out there are currently uknown.

Could also be that we are expecting a home clan assault so we arent building up out there. In which case i think our facilities in the free worlds league will become our most extensive..

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2013, 09:57:54 »
At least at the turn of the century the Adder is still being built, just not by the flea bags anymore. ;)

With all the new clan stuff coming out its obvious why the IS clans skipped building plants for old stuff and built new or revamped designs instead. 

To the patient go the spoils

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2013, 11:02:21 »
IIRC, this was the status mid/post-jihad.

FireMoth - Bears
KitFox - Falcons
Adder - Exiles
IceFerret - Exiles
Nova - Falcons
Maddog - Bears  (Most Everyone)
Summoner - Falcons
TimberWolf - Exiles (+Wolves/Barely)
Gargoyle - Wolves (Damaged to spare parts only)
Executioner - Bears
DireWolf - Dragoons (Destroyed)

StormCrow - Most Everyone / Unknown
HellBringer - Most Everyone + Falcons

MistLynx - Homeworlds
Viper - Homeworlds
WarHawk - Homeworlds
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #21 on: 20 August 2013, 18:23:16 »
From the looks of things the Ryoken has never been produced in the IS.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #22 on: 20 August 2013, 18:50:01 »
IIRC, this was the status mid/post-jihad.

FireMoth - Bears
KitFox - Falcons
Adder - Exiles
IceFerret - Exiles
Nova - Falcons
Maddog - Bears  (Most Everyone)
Summoner - Falcons
TimberWolf - Exiles (+Wolves/Barely)
Gargoyle - Wolves (Damaged to spare parts only)
Executioner - Bears
DireWolf - Dragoons (Destroyed)

StormCrow - Most Everyone / Unknown
HellBringer - Most Everyone + Falcons

MistLynx - Homeworlds
Viper - Homeworlds
WarHawk - Homeworlds

does this make a distinction between use and built? for example, the hellbringer was in use by most clans, but IIRC it was only made in the homeworlds, and the only group still building them (and using them in any numbers) is Clan Coyote in the homeworlds. by the 3100's the hellbringer is likely an endangered species outside the Coyotes.
« Last Edit: 20 August 2013, 18:51:48 by glitterboy2098 »

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #23 on: 20 August 2013, 20:09:52 »
does this make a distinction between use and built? for example, the hellbringer was in use by most clans, but IIRC it was only made in the homeworlds, and the only group still building them (and using them in any numbers) is Clan Coyote in the homeworlds. by the 3100's the hellbringer is likely an endangered species outside the Coyotes.

Not entirely true.  The Falcons were building them on...Sudeten, I believe?  They managed to bring a LOT of their stuff from Ironhold.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2013, 03:36:46 »
Kinda hard to rebuild to any significant degree when you've pretty much only got one continent.  When, resourcewise, you make the Blood Spirits look good, you're in a bad way.

The Crusader Wolves also got hammered pretty badly, although part of that was Vlad not setting up too many factories in the OZ before he ROYALLY pissed off every single Home Clan (and actually, the rest of the Invading ones as well).  The scouring of Tamar didn't help that much either.  They were kind of in a desperate place during the Jihad years, moreso than the Falcons or Bears.
How much are the clans Wolf collaborating these days?  I know there were some designs post Jihad that were at least partially codeveloped (IIRC there was at least one unit where the leadership did joint development, a unit where people were executed when it was found out the other half was also fielding it, and a couple others where the leadership just ignored the fact the engineers were talking to each other)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2013, 10:18:52 »
How much are the clans Wolf collaborating these days?  I know there were some designs post Jihad that were at least partially codeveloped (IIRC there was at least one unit where the leadership did joint development, a unit where people were executed when it was found out the other half was also fielding it, and a couple others where the leadership just ignored the fact the engineers were talking to each other)

The Isegrim project was the one where people got executed

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2013, 10:37:51 »
I noticed something when reading Redemption Rift and that was the large number of Omni's there fielding. A explanation could be salvage from the Falcons and the Wolves and hand me downs from the WiE but I have a feeling the Dragoons have Omni production of a limited extant of there own by the Dark Ages.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2013, 10:44:48 »
Which book is Redemption Rift in?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2013, 10:54:44 »
Which book is Redemption Rift in?

Four part series through battlecorps.

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2013, 11:08:59 »
I noticed something when reading Redemption Rift and that was the large number of Omni's there fielding. A explanation could be salvage from the Falcons and the Wolves and hand me downs from the WiE but I have a feeling the Dragoons have Omni production of a limited extant of there own by the Dark Ages.

It didn't seem like they had any from the way it came out in the story. They definitely had access to whatever was produced on Arc-royal, the Cauldron-born was the only real anomaly but it does warm the heart to think there is a chance one of the Clans put it into production.

Register