Author Topic: 3050-3145. Which designs survived?  (Read 7266 times)

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: 3050-3145. Which designs survived?
« Reply #30 on: 21 August 2013, 12:22:36 »
It didn't seem like they had any from the way it came out in the story. They definitely had access to whatever was produced on Arc-royal, the Cauldron-born was the only real anomaly but it does warm the heart to think there is a chance one of the Clans put it into production.

Yeah, they had a surprising number of Omnis but I think a lot of them were just old stock, salvaged from the Falcons and/or purchased from the WiE / Diamond Sharks. The story also followed a Striker Battalion (or whatever it was called) that was fluffed to only use Omnis in order for each unit to have a mix of 'Mechs/BA/combat hovercraft and the Striker units could easily possess the majority of the Dragoon's Omnis with the rest of the units having few to none. We won't know until we get a more thorough picture of the Dragoons overall.

Also, despite only working with the Commonwealth for so long, the Dragoons have still been well paid and have fought against the Falcons for 70 years, so they've got a lot of Clan salvage and in the 32nd century, Clan tech is very widely available to anyone that can afford it.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 21 August 2013, 18:05:03 »
I'm guessing that the only design that's definitely extinct in the Inner Sphere during the Dark Ages is the Dire Wolf? That's how I'm reading the mid-jihad chart, anyway.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #32 on: 21 August 2013, 18:13:50 »
I'm guessing that the only design that's definitely extinct in the Inner Sphere during the Dark Ages is the Dire Wolf? That's how I'm reading the mid-jihad chart, anyway.

Nope; it still exists. There were several Diashi minis released during MWDA, and there's one on the cover of ER3145. With that being said, it's probably one of the rarest omnis in the IS; any that are about would have been built pre-3067.

With that being said, if any of the 16 invader Omnis is extinct, it's the Masakari. It was said to be near-extinct in 3085, and no new ones have appeared in the IS since the late 3050s.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2013, 20:55:26 »
It didn't seem like they had any from the way it came out in the story. They definitely had access to whatever was produced on Arc-royal, the Cauldron-born was the only real anomaly but it does warm the heart to think there is a chance one of the Clans put it into production.

I'd like to think the Shark Foxes are making them over in the Isles, along with a couple other designs.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2013, 21:57:07 »
The Warhawk was only produced by the Jaguars if I remember correctly and whoever controls Huntress probably produces them now. It doesn't show up in the discarded tools of war in WoR Supplemental. But I doubt any new ones are produced in the Inner Sphere so what's in the Inner Sphere is it. Unless the Foxes are producing a Warhawk II that is.
The Dire Wolf was a pretty common mech I think with the Jaguars, Wolves, and the Dragoons all producing them. Heck they even show up in the Blood Spirit RAT, so I think every Clan had access to many of them. But production was pretty much in the Homeworlds as well so what's in the Inner Sphere is it unless the Foxes produce there own version somewhere for sale or the Dragoons have resumed production somewhere.
The only real hope I see in there being produced in the Inner Sphere is if the WoB didn't destroy the production lines on Outreach and they were retaken intact and are being operated by someone.
« Last Edit: 22 August 2013, 09:26:15 by Stormlion1 »
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2013, 22:31:28 »

Yeah but the tomahawk ii its more handsome cousin exists now.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 21 August 2013, 23:03:02 »
Yeah but the tomahawk ii its more handsome cousin exists now.

Sorry while the Tomahawk is a nasty piece of work I will always prefer my Dire Wolf.  O0

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #37 on: 21 August 2013, 23:28:35 »
Sorry while the Tomahawk is a nasty piece of work I will always prefer my Dire Wolf.  O0

How come? Its like a pretty dire wolf with a hat? Nostalgia?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 21 August 2013, 23:44:01 »

Maybe I'm not all that crazy about the Dark Ages? Maybe I just like the Dire Wolf? Maybe I prefer the mech that made the Inner Sphere tremble in fear? Maybe if it worked for decades I don't plan on dropping it because something new has shown up? Personal Preference?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #39 on: 21 August 2013, 23:50:28 »
Just curious...

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 21 August 2013, 23:53:22 »
Hey maybe I will put a Monopoly Hat on a Dire Wolf. Won't that be a attention getter on the board.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #41 on: 22 August 2013, 00:03:02 »
Im particularly attached to griffins. No reason for it. Its an ok mech. It isnt the best mech in the world. But ive done alot of good work in one. It isnt an ugly mech, but its not gorgeous. Ive got in enough fist fights in griffins with vastly bigger mechs to make it a love affair.

Just wanted to know what drew you to the dire wolf. Its a gorgeous mech... and it is in fact the very first mech I ever piloted. But for whatever reason, beyond looks and fluff I never built a relationship with that mech.

Was just curious what it was about it that drew you to it. I didnt know if you percieved some flaw in the tomahawk or if it was a more nostalgic choice.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 22 August 2013, 00:16:28 »
For a Clan design its my "Go To" Mech and rarely ever fails me, followed by the Timber Wolf. No matter what fight I get into I know with one of those two I'm good to go. Inner Sphere wise the Devastator has my love, love enough to chop the legs on the mini so its walking instead of looking like its a controlled fall. Its Nostalgia, its knowing there the best mechs for my style of gameplay.
That and I love Assaults.  O0

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 22 August 2013, 02:52:25 »
Honestly, the Dire Wolf is basically the ideal to which all other true assault designs strive towards.  Besides some tiny flaws with armor allocation and the minor annoyance of fixed crits from the extra DHS (you always need more DHS so having some fixed is hardly a problem in terms of weight), it is essentially impossible to improve.  It is also a 3/5, 100 ton Clan omni which makes it the biggest, best armed, and best armored possible design without getting into exotic design choices so it is the ideal choice in the kinds of stand up slugging matches assaults are built for.  When you add in the fact that it is a sexy beast with a terrifying reputation, it is easy to see why the design has earned lots of love from those lucky enough to pilot them.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #44 on: 22 August 2013, 09:17:08 »
The only real hope I see in there being produced in the Inner Sphere is if the WoB didn't destroy the production lines on Huntress and they were retaken intact and are being operated by someone.

When did the WoB even managed to set foot on Huntress?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 22 August 2013, 09:25:07 »
When did the WoB even managed to set foot on Huntress?

Sorry my bad, I meant Outreach.
« Last Edit: 22 August 2013, 09:26:52 by Stormlion1 »

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 22 August 2013, 09:31:15 »
Well I think the Seventh Kommando managed to grab a lot of Dragoon research and intel after the Outreach nuking. Perhaps they have an intact datacore that allows the Dragoons to restart production on the Original 16 when they finally have the resources again.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 22 August 2013, 09:57:38 »
The info on how to build the Omni's isn't the issue, its the heavy equipment needed to create them.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 22 August 2013, 11:04:22 »
Hence the part about them having to get to the point of having the resources to build them.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 22 August 2013, 13:12:59 »
I am sad that the Warhawk is out of production, then I realize that the Hellstar is produced right next door by my neighbors the Hell Horses: that takes care of the Prime Variant which is all you really need anyways.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #50 on: 22 August 2013, 21:44:16 »
I am sad that the Warhawk is out of production, then I realize that the Hellstar is produced right next door by my neighbors the Hell Horses: that takes care of the Prime Variant which is all you really need anyways.

I've always liked the C Variant, mostly because it was one of the earlier Battletech Cards I got.  But yeah, the Prime REALLY is all you need.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #51 on: 22 August 2013, 22:10:23 »
Ask Slade someday about the game with the six Warhawk's. It was awesome and hilarious.  O0

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 23 August 2013, 07:41:28 »
I've always liked the C Variant, mostly because it was one of the earlier Battletech Cards I got.  But yeah, the Prime REALLY is all you need.

I like the C equally. The -3 modifier is such a nice thing.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #53 on: 23 August 2013, 21:03:35 »
does this make a distinction between use and built? for example, the hellbringer was in use by most clans, but IIRC it was only made in the homeworlds, and the only group still building them (and using them in any numbers) is Clan Coyote in the homeworlds. by the 3100's the hellbringer is likely an endangered species outside the Coyotes. 

That is all production.  That list is mostly 3050U from memory.
Yet we know from WoReavings that 3050U does not list every factory for a given design, just the largest/most important.
Example:  Direwolves have always been a Jag/Wolf design yet in Reavings we find out the Yotes have a factory making them.

In the case of the Hellbringer I think 3 specific locations have been mentioned, Eden, Ironhold, & Sudetan.  But the Hellbringer is listed as "Various" meaning there are more production lines than are worth listing, & the fluff states that every clan either has access to a production line or a trade agreement for large #'s of them.  Or something to that affect.  (Ditto the MadDog & StormCrow).
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 23 August 2013, 21:09:42 »
Because I have 4-5 DireWolf Mini's & No Tomahawk-II minis, thats why  >:D

Its sad, short of MWDA clicks stuff I don't have a mini produced after 3067.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 23 August 2013, 21:13:40 »
I was never fond of the WarHawk-Prime, the C was always better in terms of raw stats.

Even the H isn't bad.  Though I do avoid the B if at all possible.

But in a BV game, I find the A & D? (ATM) models really look very nice.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #56 on: 23 August 2013, 22:42:38 »
Because I have 4-5 DireWolf Mini's & No Tomahawk-II minis, thats why  >:D

Its sad, short of MWDA clicks stuff I don't have a mini produced after 3067.

Yeah this is a reason too, I think.  ;)