Author Topic: MekHQ question/problem, regarding contract negotiations  (Read 1664 times)

Alyfox

• Recruit
MekHQ question/problem, regarding contract negotiations
« on: 13 December 2019, 06:05:29 »
So I've played MekHQ off and on for maybe 4 or 5 years I guess. I could have sworn in the past, I could Renegotiate Salvage Rights. Am I mis-remembering? If not, was it taken out? I have all 4 admin slots filled, and all four have a good Negotiation skill. I have my game set to use Field Manual: Merc (revised) rules, and in that particular manual, Salvage Rights *can* be negotiated.

Halp!
Alyfox
~Black Fox Cavaliers

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
Re: MekHQ question/problem, regarding contract negotiations
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2019, 10:01:56 »
There are some restrictions on it, but I can verify that the option to negotiate Salvage Rights does appear for at least some contracts, although it's probably labeled as something else.  If you increase that, you decrease Salvage, and usually vice versa.  The choice between normal salvage and Exchange doesn't seem to be negotiable, and Exchange Rights don't seem to function properly (or at least didn't in previous versions of MekHQ, so it's been a while since I accepted any contracts with "Exchange Rights").

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2019, 10:10:40 »
I've open an Bug report here - https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/1365

Can you post your cpnx file, any customs to that tracker so we can take a look at it.

You'll need to zip it up to post on Github.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2019, 15:32:50 »
The current version of the Against the Bot rules do not allow salvage rights to be renegotiated. Earlier versions did, and I don't remember when it changed. The original AtB code in MekHQ was based on 2.25, but was updated to 2.29, and it's possible that salvage renegotiation was there in a much earlier version, but if so it was years ago. The FMM(R) setting is for determining unit rating and not the entire system, with is a conglomeration of FMM, an early Campaign Operations pre-release version, and a whole lot of custom rules.

Alyfox

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2019, 16:08:04 »
Is there any reason given for why it was removed?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2019, 16:30:17 »
Is there any reason given for why it was removed?
It would be a question for the developers of AtB. Megamek implemented the rules as written based on the version.

Unfortunately the developers of AtB have left and I haven't seen them active in a couple of years.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Alyfox

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2019, 18:21:18 »
Hrm. I wonder if I could get arounds this by turning off ATB rules before generating contracts, then turn it back on once I've done with that. Or if it would break too many things