Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General BattleTech Discussion / Does CGL store purchase receive updates
« Last post by sneo on Today at 13:18:25 »
I would like to find out if the pdf is updated via CGL store after purchase. I bought all the rulebooks but seems theres a difference in version vs printings. E.g Total Warfare is on 10th printing and Battlemech manual is on 5th printing in my downloadable files. The curious thing to note is DrivethruRPG’s preview for BMM is showing 7th printing.
Well Brewer managed to survive losing the Archonship, and he's a pretty smart operator, so I can see him coming out on top in case of Rasalhauge Dominion or Hell's Horses invasion. Sarah Regis and the Falcon splinter groups seem like the more militarily powerful groups, and both Clans have bones to pick with the Falcons.  The Kell Hounds are pretty much the only military lifeline Steiner has in the Hinterlands right now other then some LIC stuff, as Trillian has to deal with the Timbuktu situation so she can rebuild her trust at home along with whatever adventures she decides to take against Marik. She'd be better off putting the Commonwealth back together then worrying about leftover Jade Falcon scraps that are facing potential invasions.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Clan Fire Mandrill: Monkey Talk
« Last post by Metallgewitter on Today at 13:16:26 »
Perhaps a more all Clan question but did any clan actually utilize a mobile factory concept with their Potemkins while they were in Clan space? I feel that this concept only came when the Foxes had relocated to the Is and other clans like the Wolves and Falcons copied it. Kind of an interesting idea like one Clan sends one Potemkin filled with Mobile factory Dropships to some rock where they simply strip mine resources and then build right on the ships instead of simply returning to a planetary holding
Interresting.

Do we know if another Wolf`s Dragoons novel/novella is in the pipeline?

Getting the one from the Clan Invasion KS first would be a solid move.
Rumor has it there's a sequel to Blood Will Tell in the works and I'm so here for it.
Interresting.

Do we know if another Wolf`s Dragoons novel/novella is in the pipeline?
Fan Articles / Re: Mech of the Week: Deimos
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 12:37:38 »
I don't think so.  The Stone Rhino has large pulse lasers instead of ER larges, not to mention the lack of XL engine vulnerability, so no heat penalty with a side torso loss.  Though I think the Deimos H putting Gauss rifles in the arms is a better placement for those weapons as it keeps the explodium out of the torsos.

It’s closer to the Loki II Prime.  Just with a heavy large laser and jump jets instead of a Streak pod.
PGI has said in the past that they really don't make a lot of money on light 'mechs.  I imagine mediums are in the same situation.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 12:07:42 »
Tyra's and Trent's chance meeting was really touching. It's a strange relationship those two have formed, but it feels realistic and relatable.

And Righteous Indignation is the most Smoke Jaguar name ever  :grin:
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 12:04:32 »
Well, the rule of thumb of the design team of BT should be the exchange of even worse thingsequivalents - at least, usually.

Yeah... I s'pose it's in the nature of table-top gaming. Some people need to take a step back and enjoy the game.
To OP: If you're interested in more hard sci-fi technology, I'd take a look at Terra Invicta for some inspiration.  The technologies are more on the hard sci-fi side with a handful exception (Exotics being the magical alien material that helps some of the plotlines to work and gives them a technological advantage throughout the game), so it could give some ideas of potential technologies rooted in reality.  The game itself is hard and time consuming, but pretty fun if you can get the hang of it.

FWIW, that is exactly what I was thinking about, the moment I realized what the OP meant.

Interestingly enough, for all that BT is extremely "backwards" where things like maximum (or even just effective) weapons ranges are concerned, even the aliens in Terra Invicta would probably sell their favorite grandmother in order to get their hands on BT drive technology. I mean, sustained thrust at 1g or above even for million ton battleships, and 24.000-ish kps (assuming four weeks of thrust at 1g) delta-v - that is a wee bit better than the best I´ve seen their ships sport.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register