Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: What are we Reading Now: Conan the Librarian
« Last post by ISD on Today at 07:14:20 »
Still iterating through the first humble bundle of epubs, from Thunder Rift to Endgame, I'm now wrapping up Stackpole's Twilight of the Clans pt. 2 "Grave Covenant" which might be the one with smallest amount of 'Mech action so far :thinking:
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by ISD on Today at 07:10:25 »
fencing
Finally, done.  Very annoying; I had stuff on hold for this, but hopefully this will be there for the next person

Wasp (20 tons)
  Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited
Lesnovo, Free World’s League

Shadow Hawk (55 tons)

Wolverine (55 tons)

This has me curious: the MUL has all three of these go extinct after the Late Republic era, presumably because Nimakachi of Lesnovo gears up to produce something else when the Blackout hits, but I'm not able to find out what. It's possible they went back to IndustrialMechs, since that's what was originally built there, but I don't know that that's likely, given the wider series of events at the time.

I suppose it's possible they upgraded the lines to standard Battlemechs, at which point the Wasp line is an easy conversion, at the same tonnage and engine rating.  The Wolverine, though, uses a different size engine between its standard and primitive versions, and the primitive SHD-1R Shadow Hawk is only 50 tons, so it's even less of a direct conversion of the line.
Fan Designs and Rules / Retrograde weapons and equipment
« Last post by Izzy193 on Today at 06:36:52 »
Brainwave idea here Retrograde versions of existing weapons and equipment, basically functionally the same but heavier and one availability rating higher than the standard tech version. For example a Retrograde Medium laser would have all the stats and crit space of a standard medium laser but weigh more(1.5 tons vs 1 ton) and be C/A-A-A-A on tech rating and availability. is this idea workable for periphery states that are lagging behind tech wise? Please don't say the primitive prototype equipment makes this idea redundant, beacuse I feel like this could be used as a intermitant step towards normal/standard tech for those peiphery state that don't have new dallas nor the helm memory core.
BattleMechs / Re: Rover Labormech: He doin' his best!
« Last post by Giovanni Blasini on Today at 06:28:46 »
I'm a bit of a sucker for IndustrialMechs and all things tiny, so it's not surprising that I really like the Rover. Out of curiosity, did you have any particular art or stand-in in mind for one?
The Inner Sphere / Gray Death Legion timeline?
« Last post by Frabby on Today at 06:12:45 »
So, I've finally started reading A Rock and a Hard Place and was hoping to datamine it for Sarna.
And right off the bat, I see that it runs roughshod over the established canonical GDL timeline?!

Previous sources, up to the 2021 Turning Points: Helm, established that the storyline of The Price of Glory essentially begins when the GDL returns to Helm, making planetfall on 24 March 3028; the final battle and recovery of the memory core is dated 1 April 3028.
However, in A Rock and a Hard Place, the GDL arrives on Glengarry on 2 March 3028 and the whole Helm episode has already happened.

Has this been officially adressed yet? (I haven't been able to find anything in the Search function.)
« Last post by Akamia on Today at 06:07:47 »
Defend
Mark Felton
Xandria - Two worlds
« Last post by NightSarge on Today at 06:04:28 »
attack
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10