Author Topic: HBS Battletech: Heavy Metal Expansion thread. What do you hope to see happen?  (Read 28466 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Agreed on this first point, but not the second. Running 4 Hunchies in the lance is a waste of time, money, and pilots. Weak armor, short ranged, a tendency to have ammo explode, slow, and a lackluster performance all around makes the Hunchback not worth running 4 in a lance.
Someone hasn't used a 4P.

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
Agreed on this first point, but not the second. Running 4 Hunchies in the lance is a waste of time, money, and pilots. Weak armor, short ranged, a tendency to have ammo explode, slow, and a lackluster performance all around makes the Hunchback not worth running 4 in a lance.

I've never had an issue with the short range weapons in this game, HBK-4Ps don't suffer ammo explosions and being slow only matters for a few mission types. I do run a breaching shot HBK-4G though, just because sometimes you need that hole-punching.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
And the download fianlly begins...
I have spoken.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Im getting mine tonight.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Only played a few minutes.  First thing you notice is that you get a "box" of free stuff if you want it.  You get one of the new mechs and some weapons.  This happens even in existing games.  What you get seems to be tied to the general level you are at in the game.  In my existing I was finishing up last night I got an Assassin, a UAC-10 and a LB-10X.  In the new game I started after I got a Vulcan and a UAC-5 and LB-5X.  Got some ammo for the new systems too. 

Haven't installed them yet but it seems the UAC will double tap while the double  tap does X * 8 damage.  I assume the damage in either case will act like missiles do in which case those suckers will hit HARD. 

Also the system I started in had both a Marauder piece and a Warhammer piece for sale.  Very interesting start I have to say. 

Luciora

• Major
And it looks like trying to mod your starting mechs via .json might get you stuck in the infinite loading loop.  I'll have to start fresh, and see what I broke haha.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
Only played a few minutes.  First thing you notice is that you get a "box" of free stuff if you want it.
What is this free box of which you speak?  I saw nothing resembling that last night when I fired up the game after the download.

DarkSpade

• Major
i got mine the first time I traveled.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
i got mine the first time I traveled.
That's clear as mud.  Did you get from a randomly tripped event or in some other fashion?

DarkSpade

• Major
That's clear as mud.  Did you get from a randomly tripped event or in some other fashion?

First time I traveled to another planet i was offered the box. It popped up like an event, but was not an event. It was clearly marked with a large Heavy Metal logo. It's not subtle at all.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
First time I traveled to another planet i was offered the box. It popped up like an event, but was not an event. It was clearly marked with a large Heavy Metal logo. It's not subtle at all.

For me it happened right after my first contract.  I hadn't traveled at all.  It does pop up like a random event does but as he says it is clearly marked with the Heavy Metal logo.  It is also optional too so those that prefer to do it all the hard way can skip it.

Also, for the first time I got an offer to join the Black Market BEFORE they loathed me so it didn't cost a fortune to join.  All kinds of Star League Equipment is available now.  Don't know if that stuff if part of Heavy Metal or the free patch or both. 

DarkSpade

• Major
Perhaps it's timed?   I did all the contracts on my starting planet without advancing the time.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
I may have advanced time for a repair so I could another mission before traveling. 

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Got mine after most of the missions on my starting planet.

Assassin, LB-5X, LB-10X, and a ton of ammo for each.

I've ben to 3 planets, and saw gauss ammo for sale in the regular store on two of them.
I have spoken.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Anyone had bad download? I downloaded it through humble and thing keep acting up and won't extra properly.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
No problem with the download though I use Steam. 

Last night I saw a Gauss Rifle ++ in the Black Market Store.  -2 tons, -1 slot.   :thumbsup:

Now if I could just afford it.  :(

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Sounds pretty sweet... did it have any adjustments to damage or range?  ???

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
I will say without spoiling much, while the proliferation of tech may beyond the range of the tabletop Canon we all know and love, it *does* have an origin that I've enjoyed unfolding.

That and it is hilarious to use the thumper on "destroy the caravan" missions.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
An AOE weapon would certainly make those missions simpler...

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Sounds pretty sweet... did it have any adjustments to damage or range?  ???

Not that one but who knows.  I don't know about the House Stores but the couple times I've perused the Black Market Store there's been a stupid amount of advanced tech and a lot of of it upgraded (mostly ++ from what I could see.)

I'm playing a career game ATM. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Rog... I'll be interested to see what else you turn up...  :thumbsup:

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Humble has bad one i guess.  No update for me.

Register