Author Topic: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!  (Read 185361 times)

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
Re: AFFS High Command, Suns Transcendent!
« Reply #420 on: 16 May 2014, 06:55:54 »
Yes but with a name like yours, can we trust that?

Sorry, cheap shot and I could not help myself  :)
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #421 on: 17 May 2014, 15:40:45 »
A game like BattleTech was never meant to have a "greatest player ever" in my opinion.

Besides, the best BattleTech player is always the one who brings snacks and shares them.
The best player is the one who enjoys the game the most: me.
But I can go along with these definitions.
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #422 on: 17 May 2014, 19:32:26 »
Gentlemen,

I'm terrible at Battletech and generally lose to the bot on Megamek.

However, I went to the grocery store, ran six miles, mowed my yard, and killed what we think was a baby southern copperhead with my electric corded weed-whacker.  In essence, I remain proficient with all sorts of area effect weapons.

My full-term-pregnancy-wife continues to jump at random pains that don't resemble labor causing increased anticipation in our house.  Fun don't you think?

How is everyone's weekend going?

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #423 on: 17 May 2014, 19:34:44 »
I had a ridiculously long day yesterday and have gone out this evening to a vastly overpriced bar in a hotel for a friend's birthday and then been the envy of the late night Tube travellers by having a pizza

Tomorrow I need to run, work, do housework, do garden chores and...I'm sure there's more

Good luck to MrsCharlie6
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #424 on: 17 May 2014, 19:57:28 »
Thank you Dan.  Late night, beyond the Tube ride.

In an update, my corded-electric weed-whacker evidently took out a brown snake.  Make me feels safer all around.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #425 on: 17 May 2014, 20:45:11 »
good. But next you need to upgrade to the cordless gas weed-whacker IIC
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #426 on: 17 May 2014, 21:32:44 »
Yes but with a name like yours, can we trust that?

Sorry, cheap shot and I could not help myself  :)
Haha. I only wish I was being sarcastic...
Gentlemen,

I'm terrible at Battletech and generally lose to the bot on Megamek.

However, I went to the grocery store, ran six miles, mowed my yard, and killed what we think was a baby southern copperhead with my electric corded weed-whacker.  In essence, I remain proficient with all sorts of area effect weapons.

My full-term-pregnancy-wife continues to jump at random pains that don't resemble labor causing increased anticipation in our house.  Fun don't you think?

How is everyone's weekend going?

I do not miss late term pregnant wife... One and done is what I say.

Lawn care equipment can do quite the number on wildlife... The poor, poor bunnies.

I worked today and the wife is at a scrapbooking retreat, so it's just me and the little one. I do love our time together.
Maker of big things.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #427 on: 18 May 2014, 10:02:16 »
good. But next you need to upgrade to the cordless gas weed-whacker IIC
See I think I'm going to stick with the corded model.  It reminds of the 3025 Enforcer but without the ammo 'splodiness.  Both kill snakes just fine.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #428 on: 18 May 2014, 15:26:03 »
So you going to dub the weed-whacker as 'The Enforcer" now. Maybe paint it up in Davion Guards colours?

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #429 on: 19 May 2014, 07:54:12 »
Oh man don't remind me about gardening, it's getting close to the time when I have
to slash our jungle to bits regularly.

One of the oddities of living here in the summer, almost constant daylight at some
points.  So of course everything grows like you'd not believe.  We may have short
summers, but they don't lack for intensity usually.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #430 on: 19 May 2014, 14:02:00 »
Oh man don't remind me about gardening, it's getting close to the time when I have
to slash our jungle to bits regularly.

One of the oddities of living here in the summer, almost constant daylight at some
points.  So of course everything grows like you'd not believe.  We may have short
summers, but they don't lack for intensity usually.

I did one cut on a long setting, next weekend I'll go over it again on a shorter one

I just got the Army fitness regime/test I need to hit...  :-\  bleep test but no longer run, guess what my preferred activity is?

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #431 on: 19 May 2014, 19:29:26 »
So you going to dub the weed-whacker as 'The Enforcer" now. Maybe paint it up in Davion Guards colours?
The light green color it came in and the cut grass staining give a 2CL look to it.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #432 on: 19 May 2014, 23:31:10 »
Paint some flowers on it for that authentic Tsamma Lancers look.  Might be a little incongruous with a hard-bitten marine LTC driving, but that's what makes life fun.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #433 on: 20 May 2014, 19:25:40 »
Paint some flowers on it for that authentic Tsamma Lancers look.  Might be a little incongruous with a hard-bitten marine LTC driving, but that's what makes life fun.
You see, I said Enforcer not Florist or heaven forbid Pollenantor.

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
« Reply #434 on: 20 May 2014, 20:41:36 »
You see, I said Enforcer not Florist or heaven forbid Pollenantor.

6th Crusis Lancers then?
**Derp, just realized theyre the same formation.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2014, 16:28:17 by (SMD)MadCow »

boilerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #435 on: 21 May 2014, 16:22:30 »
I am looking for a couple of volunteers. I think you guys are the most reasonable Battletech types around to recruit. I have been working on a TOE spreadsheet for ages and now that I'm done with school I was thinking I would finish it. So anyone want to give it a go? There are two caveats: file format is Excel 2013 and it has quite a few user defined functions so macros has to be enabled to use it. It's not complete but I think it's to the point where I need some feedback.

Any takers?

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #436 on: 21 May 2014, 16:26:23 »
I am feeling brave so why not. (Asuming my copy of Open Office will open it).
No Matter where you go,there you are

,,,,gotta lov "Space Cougers"

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #437 on: 21 May 2014, 16:27:26 »
I am looking for a couple of volunteers. I think you guys are the most reasonable Battletech types around to recruit. I have been working on a TOE spreadsheet for ages and now that I'm done with school I was thinking I would finish it. So anyone want to give it a go? There are two caveats: file format is Excel 2013 and it has quite a few user defined functions so macros has to be enabled to use it. It's not complete but I think it's to the point where I need some feedback.

Any takers?

I'd say yes but don't actually know what a Macro is  ???

boilerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #438 on: 21 May 2014, 16:40:13 »
I am feeling brave so why not. (Asuming my copy of Open Office will open it).
I don't think Open Office can but when I have things ready and writeup on how things work I'll share it with you.

I'd say yes but don't actually know what a Macro is  ???
A macro is essential an extra bit of program code built into a spreadsheet. They can be used maliciously so Excel defaults to a security setting where they will not function unless you specifically enable marcos.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #439 on: 22 May 2014, 01:07:46 »
While I'm happy to have a look, I'm not sure I run the right version of Office

boilerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #440 on: 22 May 2014, 15:07:43 »
I'll post some stuff on where to find it and everything else in a few days.  :)

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #441 on: 23 May 2014, 07:31:39 »
I'll wish you all well with that, from the sidelines.  Regrettably busy, and utterly lacking
in a copy of Office that isn't prehistoric.

boilerman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #442 on: 24 May 2014, 11:59:34 »
I am going to try to cut out some features that require Office 2013 so it will work on older versions of Excel. The inventory of ammunition requirements by element will have to be dropped; there are not enough columns in older versions of Excel for that. I am also having problems getting the older version to call another workbook to gather information. I want to have one workbook to update with new equipment information rather have to do it to every unit workbook I might have.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #443 on: 30 May 2014, 08:37:59 »
So you lot have been quiet?  I'm guessing probably busy.

Neko_Bijin

• Lieutenant
  • Alpha Strike naïf
« Reply #444 on: 30 May 2014, 10:03:02 »
Guess so.
"Lord Kurita is merciful.  You will be spared the humiliation of a trial.  Instead, you are invited to dine with your sainted ancestors.  You don't follow?  Let me rephrase.  I am about to run you through with my sword.  Now you get the picture?  Good."

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #445 on: 30 May 2014, 18:46:41 »
sure....we'll go with that. sounds better than 'lazy'

— From a post on rpg.net

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #446 on: 30 May 2014, 18:56:16 »
Sorry, focused on impending arrival of my second child.  I hope everyone else is well and about to enjoy a great weekend.

Lazy works equally well, though.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #447 on: 30 May 2014, 19:33:25 »
I feel for you. The Wife has started not-so-subtly mentioning a brother or sister for the little one. As a nearly-only child (half siblings from parents first marriages) so I don't really have a desire for a second one, but...

I've been battling my mystery ...whatever it is. Two doctors and $10K in tests and the most of I've gotten is a "that's bizzare" from one of the docs. I have another test on Tuesday.
Maker of big things.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #448 on: 30 May 2014, 19:48:04 »
I feel for you. The Wife has started not-so-subtly mentioning a brother or sister for the little one. As a nearly-only child (half siblings from parents first marriages) so I don't really have a desire for a second one, but...
Well, our round is downrange, so to speak.  I've broken the only child syndrome of my wife; now I've to hold off the desire to "fill our big house" with a third child.  I'll be 42 this year...I've to cut that line of thought.  I think the pregnancy is helping my argument.

Good luck with the medical issue.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #449 on: 31 May 2014, 05:52:06 »
Well, our round is downrange, so to speak.  I've broken the only child syndrome of my wife; now I've to hold off the desire to "fill our big house" with a third child.  I'll be 42 this year...I've to cut that line of thought.  I think the pregnancy is helping my argument.

Good luck with the medical issue.

I was just out drinking with a friend who had his first aged about 42 and now at 45 has Number Two en route... maybe that was why he was out drinking with me?

I've been battling my mystery ...whatever it is. Two doctors and $10K in tests and the most of I've gotten is a "that's bizzare" from one of the docs. I have another test on Tuesday.

On the Plus Side we (the medical profession) are pretty good at picking up nasty stuff so at least the long list of hideous things it could be is shorter

So you lot have been quiet?  I'm guessing probably busy.

Three day high-intensity MSc module plus social life and added distraction of an ill cat (now seemingly on the mend as much as an old cat with multiple comorbidities ever can be)

Register