Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Good advice except that at least once I'm going to need to have the decoy be a light mech and the actual machine be a Demolisher C.

Well, as long as it's the bait for the enemy attack, rather than conceal the real type of the unit while it keep shoots, then it does works and will be very effective.

But if you want it to be keep shooting as well it's not a wise idea at all, although it's not your intention for the example.
Off Topic / Re: How to make a package that looks like...
« Last post by beachhead1985 on Today at 11:27:58 »
I think maybe go to a thrift store and get a right-sized game-box.

Carefully open it up and unfold it.

Trace the full, un-folded shape on Bristol-Board with pencil.

Cut out the shape with a hobby scalpel and glue it together in correct box-shape.

Hope this helps.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Evil Imperial on Today at 11:20:06 »
Only on Kowloon...
Fan Fiction / Re: Iron Father
« Last post by DOC_Agren on Today at 11:19:03 »
I like this...  Cordon not a Kill crazy mad man/machine
I think the Essentials box was a missed opportunity.  If Yen-Lo-Wang and Legend-Killer (or the others that came as cardboard standees) came pre-painted it may have increased sales even more.  I would be more than happy to pay for a lance pack with the four of them painted.

CGL would not have been able to meet Targets price point they wanted for the box if they did prepaints I suspect
I like the idea/option since it means I can field minis quickly.  However, the idea would only be acceptable to me if:

1) Price does not increase.
2) Any prepainted miniatures are easy to strip.

The additional play options of prepainted minis are attractive but I also prefer painting my stuff, so I would need to be able to strip them easily.  As long as I can strip them with LA Totally Awesome (and not some kind of super expensive/pain in the ass solvent), I'm fine with it.

Well your Item# 1 would for sure happen on prepaints.  You can't expect more for the same money.  We already know the pack with one prepaint is costing a bit more.    So in my opinion that isn't a realistic expectation
 :sad: thing is when the Clans coming knocking they are in the way
Nothing was changed with the Phoenix Hawk.  Orders received from the second listing were confirmed identical to the first.
A leg attack sacrifices damage in order to attempt to cripple the target's movement ability.
Ground Combat / Re: Holographic decoys and field guns
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 10:44:54 »
Don't forget to use something you can reasonably replicate with whatever infantry or vehicle is parked inside the holo. A Supernova or Mad IIC makes a great sniper, but no infantry can replicate their shots, and not many vehicles.

Good advice except that at least once I'm going to need to have the decoy be a light mech and the actual machine be a Demolisher C.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10