Author Topic: cleanup  (Read 2445 times)

Easy

• Warrant Officer
cleanup
« on: 26 September 2017, 23:24:07 »
cleanup
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 17:55:17 by Easy »

DOC_Agren

• Major
Re: CMW-3 Mobile Field Base (MFB)
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2017, 19:42:00 »
So I like this.. but I also think something like would work nicely for a Errant Mechwarrior
so I posted it to this thread
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45245.0

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2017, 19:54:39 »
a) I like this! One could easily repurpose several of the oversized MW:DA vehicles to proxy this, with a little work giving a better reproduction.

b) Don't trailers technically have to have no engines?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2017, 20:50:20 »
TR 3145: Mercenaries includes the Gun Trailer which, according to Sarna, includes an engine. Can somebody with that book confirm this?

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2017, 21:15:06 »
cleanup
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 17:55:39 by Easy »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2017, 21:18:28 »
Trailer rules basically come down to taking the engine rating, applying chassis mods, then dividing by the total mass. If everything's tracked, there's no chassis mod.

So unfortunately, a 1/2 movement rate on the tower won't quite cut it. If you go 2/3, then the engine rating is 400, so a 200-ton tractor could haul up to an additional 200 tons at 1/2. A 3/5 200-ton tractor could pull another 100 tons at 2/3, or an additional 400 tons at 1/2.

Short form, tractors need surplus engine ;)

And I have no problems with having aux power on trailers; it's just that HMVee enforces 0 engine if you tick the trailer box.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #6 on: 11 October 2017, 21:20:22 »
TR 3145: Mercenaries includes the Gun Trailer which, according to Sarna, includes an engine. Can somebody with that book confirm this?

They do have a tiny engine for power to run the systems.

I like it it's the repair unit from MechWarrior 4 in all it's glory I visited there many a time
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Register