Author Topic: 3025 Shogun Record Sheet?  (Read 5510 times)

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
  • Hollis Incorporated did things big.
    • Magistracy of Canopus
3025 Shogun Record Sheet?
« on: 12 April 2011, 10:01:57 »
Does anyone happen to know what the latest collection of record sheets is that has the Shogun SHG-2E?
So you're saying it's Cold War era sci-fi war machines?

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: 3025 Shogun Record Sheet?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2011, 10:16:03 »
Does anyone happen to know what the latest collection of record sheets is that has the Shogun SHG-2E?

AFAIK, it is "Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade: Inner Sphere".

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2011, 14:54:28 »
AFAIK, it is "Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade: Inner Sphere".

Ruger
Thanks!

I was worried that set would just have the Star League and modern variants

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2011, 11:59:34 »
I notice the 2E has CASE. Wasn't there a Wolf's Dragoons version of this mech' that was downgraded to only having 3025 era tech?

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2011, 13:26:34 »
The original 2E in WD SB doesn't say anything about CASE but I guess that's because it didn't exist at the time.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2011, 13:45:37 »
The original 2E in WD SB doesn't say anything about CASE but I guess that's because it didn't exist at the time.
...and, IIRC, it is underweight by exactly the mass of the CASE. Which leads fans to believe it always had CASE, but the IS either didn't recognize the CASE for what it was, or it was ripped out of the 'Mech and the mass was not used for other items.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2011, 11:36:20 »
...and, IIRC, it is underweight by exactly the mass of the CASE. Which leads fans to believe it always had CASE, but the IS either didn't recognize the CASE for what it was, or it was ripped out of the 'Mech and the mass was not used for other items.

That's really interesting... I had always wondered how much of the Lostech and the Wolf's Dragoons recon mission for the Clans was decided during the years when all of the publishing was in the 4th succession war era and before. Looks like those plans actually found their way into the record sheets of the old products!
« Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 11:38:12 by CPLT-C1 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2011, 14:50:34 »
By striping any advanced enhanced features like FF, Artemis, ER, LBed and Pulsed weapons for lower level 1 tech, one can see the results. When the Helm Core was found, it gave them the rights to " acquire said tech ", even though they had clan versions stashed away.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 30 April 2011, 11:46:48 »
The original WDSB Shogun-2E was 1 ton underweight and had 3 items in the CT.
IE, it wasn't legal.
By the time it got a true RS we see the CASE is that 1 ton and the ammo was relocated to the RT/LT where the CASE is to free up room in the CT for the JJ.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2011, 12:06:53 »
The original WDSB Shogun-2E was 1 ton underweight and had 3 items in the CT.
IE, it wasn't legal.
By the time it got a true RS we see the CASE is that 1 ton and the ammo was relocated to the RT/LT where the CASE is to free up room in the CT for the JJ.

So do you think this was planning or an error? If it was an error was the tonnage a coincidence, or was the error incorporated when figuring out the stats for lostech like CASE? That would actually give me a warm fuzzy... I always see continuity errors as opportunities for a 'real story' to be exposed, why not with rules errors too?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2011, 16:22:13 »
So do you think this was planning or an error? If it was an error was the tonnage a coincidence, or was the error incorporated when figuring out the stats for lostech like CASE? That would actually give me a warm fuzzy... I always see continuity errors as opportunities for a 'real story' to be exposed, why not with rules errors too?
Well the 3 items in the CT part was clearly an error.
The CASE could go either way.
But I will point out that the "Fluff" for the Shogun had them "Never declining in #s even after massive battle damage" so it is possible it was intentional.
As we see with the CASE for the Shogun and the ERPPC 3050 version that we now know was deployed much earlier than 3050 (I think 3030 or before per the fluff) the Dragoons had "SOME" SLDF tech in their ranks.  Toss in the Widow's DHS Marauder in 3015 & the Mad-II-5A having a 3035-39 era production date per the MNL/MUL & we see a unit that had a "small" but not massive edge in technology against similar units.  Add in the Clan Warrior training & the over all Vet/Elite status and you see why they had a great (but not invincible) battle record.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register