Author Topic: (Answered) Cluster Weapons Aerospace vs Ground and Ground vs Aerospace  (Read 1721 times)

Winterflea

• Recruit
I am probably overthinking this but I could use some clarification.

How is damage from a weapon, such as an LBX-10, clustered and resolved in the following situations:

1. A ground unit shoots and hits an aerospace unit with an LBX-10.

2. An aerospace unit shoots and hits a ground unit with an LBX-10.

For example, in #1 is it resolved as:

LBX-10 hits. LBX-10 rolls on cluster hits table. LBX-10 assigns damage in 1 point clusters.

OR

LBX-10 hits. LBX-10 rolls on cluster hits table. LBX-10 assigns damage in 5 point clusters.

OR

LBX-10 hits. LBX-10 is assigned six hits. LBX-10 assigns damage in 5 point clusters.

OR

Some other variation. A similar line of questioning extends to situation 2. In summary, I am essentially confused as to if the Cluster Weapons section on page 238 of the rules applies to when Aerospace fighters are attacking, or being attacked, or both.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 23:59:14 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Cluster Weapons Aerospace vs Ground and Ground vs Aerospace
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2018, 23:59:01 »
Not sure how I missed this thread; apologies.

Aerospace units use cluster weapons against each other per TW p. 236 (bottom right corner).  Instead of variable damage rolled on the Cluster Hits Table, aerospace units use the average Damage Value of a cluster weapon to arrive at the specific weapon’s Attack Value, which is shown on the weapon charts.

For non-aero units shooting aero targets, use the normal cluster hit rules.

« Last Edit: 26 November 2018, 05:45:27 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0