Author Topic: Looking for suggestions: Kitbash the Talos  (Read 1444 times)

serrate

• Warrant Officer
Looking for suggestions: Kitbash the Talos
« on: 27 June 2011, 09:55:42 »
I know it's going to be a long wait until the Talos from Reunification War gets an official mini.  In the meantime, I'd like to try kitbashing it, however I'm not very good at looking at a mech's art and seeing the pieces that could be used from other minis.  So, please post your suggestions and help me out.  :)

I'm particularly looking for parts that could be used with minimal modification.  I don't mind doing some cutting, but I've got no experience with green stuff, so hopefully I can avoid having to attempt sculpting.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
Re: Looking for suggestions: Kitbash the Talos
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2019, 22:09:34 »
Well, it kind of resembles the Mad Cat Mk III, so if nothing else you could always start there.  I'd consider maybe getting an arm from the Enforcer (same arm & same AC size).  You may just have to live with the larger LRM launcher on the right shoulder, but for the left shoulder SRM-6 you could use the SRM launcher from the WHM-4L Warhammer or the newsculpt Wolverine (just turn them on their sides).

Hardest is going to be the left arm, since the Mad Cat Mk III doesn't have hands.  Truth be told, the left hand in the artwork reminds me of the one on my OSR-2L Ostroc, so that might work.

Going to be an expensive kitbash, though, essentially buying 4 minis (5 if you can find a decent box-shaped LRM-10) just to build a Talos, although I have a soft spot for any Taurian design...

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2019, 22:28:01 »
Is this Talos  you're referencing not the Talos available through Iron Wind's website or are the parameters different than I understand?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2019, 22:35:20 »
Is this Talos  you're referencing not the Talos available through Iron Wind's website or are the parameters different than I understand?
This was asked 8 years ago. Prior to the IWM release. No idea why the thread was resurrected.

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2019, 22:38:06 »
Nervemind me! That is some weird threadromancy. Dates are important, apparently.