Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle  (Read 221973 times)

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Re: New and Upcoming Releases: The Ninth Circle
« Reply #810 on: 19 May 2017, 00:54:39 »
Has that not already happened with the Clan Invasion? Periphery states (aka The Clans) have been building up their armies and are now making claims to the old SL throne. This would be the 5th SW (aka Clan Invasion) where the MPS Clans actually take large swaths of territory away from the main houses. This in itself would give us at least 2 new major factions (The Wolf Empire and Clan Jade Falcon).  ^-^
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #811 on: 19 May 2017, 05:55:36 »
Art work for the Second Success War looks good!  Wish we could tell if that Mech was Victor or not. It looks wrong, like the gun arm does and scaling of the picture throws off what it's size is.

Why do i get impression that the 2nd Succession War is going to be other big book of the year?  :-\
There been l.ittle talk about anything else aside from Touring the the Stars and Spotlights which is stuff keep us busy while we wait for the big books / game changing books to drop.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #812 on: 19 May 2017, 08:39:51 »
Art work for the Second Success War looks good!  Wish we could tell if that Mech was Victor or not. It looks wrong, like the gun arm does and scaling of the picture throws off what it's size is.

Why do i get impression that the 2nd Succession War is going to be other big book of the year?  :-\
There been l.ittle talk about anything else aside from Touring the the Stars and Spotlights which is stuff keep us busy while we wait for the big books / game changing books to drop.

ilclan and 2sw along with, i expect, the BMM. CM: Davion seems like a real slim shot now.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #813 on: 19 May 2017, 09:23:36 »
I'm not terribly excited by the BMM as much as the book is very good for new and old players.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #814 on: 19 May 2017, 09:52:30 »
...CM: Davion seems like a real slim shot now.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #815 on: 19 May 2017, 13:16:45 »
ilclan and 2sw along with, i expect, the BMM. CM: Davion seems like a real slim shot now.

Wow. There are still seven months in 2017. Don't get disappointed yet.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #816 on: 19 May 2017, 14:06:08 »
Because now each of them has a lot of its own flavor.

And, what's the soup de jury?

Well, we have St. Patty's Turkey, Scorpion Psychedelic, our typical Wolf Stew with beef broth, and a new one -
Stone Lion Potato with sausage.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #817 on: 19 May 2017, 14:23:21 »
Be funny if a Touring the Stars: Lee  would come out to highlight Lee Turkey's Shoot on Thanksgiving.  The battle was covered but i still think it be amusing and worth the money.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #818 on: 19 May 2017, 14:40:47 »

Ah, the taste of sweet, sweet Davionista tears. How they'll flow when CM:CIH is announced!  >:D

(not a real product announcement. Void where prohibited by current values of e.)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #819 on: 19 May 2017, 15:30:20 »
Ah, the taste of sweet, sweet Davionista tears. How they'll flow when CM:CIH is announced!  >:D
Isn't CM:Rim Collection and CM:Niops on the list before that one too?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #820 on: 19 May 2017, 15:49:58 »
I just want a new Combat Manual...I don't Even Care if it is Combat Manuel: Barcelona
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #821 on: 19 May 2017, 15:59:31 »
I just want a new Combat Manual...I don't Even Care if it is Combat Manuel: Barcelona

Munich will get one before Barcelona...
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #822 on: 19 May 2017, 16:05:11 »
The Victor has been one of my favorite mechs since forever, but there has always been something kind of funky about the design.  I think its the shoulders.  I never quite understood how they were supposed to work with the two tiers of angled armor.
It's a favorite here too, and I have the same thought about the shoulders. Plus, the right arm from shoulder to cannon is a tough read in the original artwork. The mini handles the shoulders fairly well but gave it an elbow--there's no lower arm actuator with the AC/20.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #823 on: 19 May 2017, 21:28:11 »
Isn't CM:Rim Collection and CM:Niops on the list before that one too?

I'd definitely pay good money for both of those.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #824 on: 19 May 2017, 22:50:40 »
As in a slim chance of ever being released ever or just this year?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #825 on: 20 May 2017, 00:13:47 »
Wow. There are still seven months in 2017. Don't get disappointed yet.

Catalyst doesn't release print books in bunches. 2sw in May/June, ilclan late summer/ ealrh fall. BMM in there somewhere. I wouldn't hold my breath for CM:Davion by Christmas. I'm not really pessimistic about this. Just consider that we had no Q1 print release.But best-case for that scenario is probably four books.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #826 on: 20 May 2017, 11:46:03 »

"Young prince Victor learns that the Tooth Fairy is a Capellan plot."

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #827 on: 20 May 2017, 18:37:12 »
It seems like a slow book year. But it could be just me.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #828 on: 20 May 2017, 19:00:49 »
It seems like a slow book year. But it could be just me.

I mean you're not wrong. After getting five (it was five, right?) last year there was bound to be a lull. Just give us ilclan.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #829 on: 21 May 2017, 06:24:13 »
I mean you're not wrong. After getting five (it was five, right?) last year there was bound to be a lull. Just give us ilclan.

Still Battletech even in its low produces more books on average then many other series.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #830 on: 21 May 2017, 06:52:05 »
Well, the big question (I think) is how many big plot books do we actually need in a given calendar year.

Would ilClan be nice?  Yes.  Absolutely.  I want to know what happens next. 

But... First Succession War was no small addition to the library of plot-based sourcebooks.  If Second Succession War comes out this year, too, that fills in another huge era of the existing game universe. 

Personally, I would like to see ilClan, a couple more Touring the Stars', and a new Combat Manual.  Though I would be happy to trade that list for a new box set/intro product.

Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #831 on: 21 May 2017, 08:52:41 »
Irregular Tech is in the Calendar? Or Delay Launch

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #832 on: 21 May 2017, 11:08:37 »
Irregular Tech is in the Calendar? Or Delay Launch
Still in production. I think its art holding up some of the pipeline.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #833 on: 22 May 2017, 08:29:08 »

Weren't there people lamenting how we never get anything last year too? I don't think Catalyst can possibly publish enough to satisfy the nay-sayers.

For sure there has been a lull, but 2016 was a banner year, in my book. I'll be happy as soon as I can get my grubby hands on a print copy of the 2SW book.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #834 on: 22 May 2017, 08:45:33 »
Weren't there people lamenting how we never get anything last year too? I don't think Catalyst can possibly publish enough to satisfy the nay-sayers.

For sure there has been a lull, but 2016 was a banner year, in my book. I'll be happy as soon as I can get my grubby hands on a print copy of the 2SW book.

What do you mean they're only publishing a book per day?  Why isn't it TWO?!
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #835 on: 22 May 2017, 10:00:14 »
Because no matter how much we get, we always want more.

That is a good sign for the game.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #836 on: 22 May 2017, 10:03:35 »
Last year certainly was...abundant. So, here is a question out of left field:

Last year at GenCon, there were new boxes of Alpha Strike cards for sale. They were packaged like your agerage deck of playing cards, and like the Lance Pack cards, they were coated so you can use dry erase markers directly on the cards. I believe they were somehow tied to CM: mercs, but I don't have the box in front of me to double check (I did buy one.) At the time, I didn't hear anything about them being a Con exclusive, but I haven't heard anything more about them since. I found this especially odd because, other than a printing error that had the fronts and backs mixed up, they were done and seemed production-grade. There wasn't any additional work to be done that I could see, but they haven't showed up for sale again since GenCon that I am aware of.

I could speculate about why that is: Decided not to keep using the same printer as they screwed up the front-back combinations. Xotl had proposed his rather extensive PV review, and they wanted to wait for that to be completed. Not enough sold. However, I don't actually know. I liked the idea, and was planning to buy a re-printed set with the correct front-back combos when it came out, but I haven't ever seen them since then. So, what happened to them?

At the time, my only comment about the set, other than the front-back issue, was that I would have preferred rounded corners on the cards. The sharp, square corners on the decks at GenCon are pretty easy to damage...especially if you let your kids use them!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #837 on: 22 May 2017, 10:17:22 »
Re: Alpha Strike cards.  All of the Alpha Strike card packs have been con exclusive, with the exception of one that was available print on demand (and now outdated). 
As for why con exclusive? The answer is a bit complicated, in that there is no clear cut answer. It's not that they won't ever be available outside of cons, but so far it hasn't worked out.  Some if it is money, some is time, some is I don't know what.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #838 on: 22 May 2017, 10:29:56 »
I only count 4 major releases last year, but the current perceived problem is not the actual number of releases but how they are spread throughout the year.

Interstellar Operations - released January 2016
First Succession War - released May 2016
Campaign Operations - released July 2016
Combat Manual: Kurita - released July 2016

If there hasn't been another major release I'm overlooking (and no, I'm not counting the BattleTech Manual, which technically hasn't been released yet), there hasn't been a major release in more than 11 months.  People were really really happy about the release schedule last July, having had 3 major products over three months to talk about.

So that comes back to the problem, it's not necessarily the numbers that cause some level of frustration but the inconsistency of releases.  If we could expect a release schedule of a major product roughly once every 4 or 6 months (3 or twice yearly), the complaints would likely be less - though missing a release would probably cause a massive uproar, even if its only delayed a week.  Fill that in with things like the Spotlight On series and Touring the Stars series (and perhaps something the size of the XTROs) and people will have less to worry about, the line will seem stronger and people will, generally, know what to expect.  The downside is, of course, keeping to that schedule, and possibly decreasing the quality of the product somewhat.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #839 on: 22 May 2017, 11:44:59 »
Re: Alpha Strike cards.  All of the Alpha Strike card packs have been con exclusive, with the exception of one that was available print on demand (and now outdated). 
As for why con exclusive? The answer is a bit complicated, in that there is no clear cut answer. It's not that they won't ever be available outside of cons, but so far it hasn't worked out.  Some if it is money, some is time, some is I don't know what.

Thanks! Makes more sense that I just missed them being a Con exclusive.

I'll just throw them in the bucket with T-Shirts, Pins, and some of the Dice, where they just aren't sold anywhere but at the Cons. I never really thought about it, but I guess I never saw that first double-box of AS cards outside of the COn's either.

So...um...will there be another box for Con season this year?  O:-) O:-) O:-)