Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?  (Read 171960 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?
« Reply #870 on: 04 June 2019, 11:11:40 »
I'm just gonna say, interesting view into what else Bosefius was looking at when he posted...And a good reminder to the rest of us to DOUBLE CHECK those copied URL's...lest you get an accidental Ban...*wink-wink - if ya know what I mean - wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more, say no more!*  ^-^

It's a quirk of imgbb.com - if you upload pictures, it sometimes likes to sneak in a garbage link like that. Not tied to Bosefius' recent surfing history or anything else. And, my fault for not warning him ahead of time.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #871 on: 04 June 2019, 11:15:37 »
It's a quirk of imgbb.com - if you upload pictures, it sometimes likes to sneak in a garbage link like that. Not tied to Bosefius' recent surfing history or anything else. And, my fault for not warning him ahead of time.

Cool, cool....gonna have to keep a closer eye on madcappelan's post and links :P
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

ArchonDan

• Sergeant
« Reply #872 on: 04 June 2019, 11:20:54 »
Book looks great, it will fit right in with the older house books! Well the 3 I have, still missing FWL and Liao  :-[

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #873 on: 04 June 2019, 13:00:24 »
It's very unlikely to be ready by then. I’m not sure what there is to announce? It wasn’t promised for then and we haven’t had any updates on it that I can think of that we need to follow up or correct? People were posting assumptions and I corrected them.

Well, the general sentiment espoused by people of significance, in the post-gencon-2018 discussions (if you really want, I can go forum diving for instances) was "no promises, hope we can release ilclan next gencon" followed by more or less silence on the matter until now. At least, I haven't seen any indications prior to the current discussion that this was no longer the case. It may or may not even have been referred to as ilClan, I don't remember. But there were definitely people eager to see when the next installment following Shattered Fortress came out, and "maybe next gencon, we hope" was the general answer I recall seeing.

That said, if the next plot-forward book is unlikely to come out for gencon, would it be possible to get some indication when it might be more likely, to better calibrate our hopes and expectations?

Edit: I went diving, and it was GenCon18's CGL Panel where it was mentioned that the hope for ilClan was GenCon19.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2019, 14:03:19 by SteveRestless »
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #874 on: 04 June 2019, 13:00:51 »
I'm just gonna say, interesting view into what else Bosefius was looking at when he posted...And a good reminder to the rest of us to DOUBLE CHECK those copied URL's...lest you get an accidental Ban...*wink-wink - if ya know what I mean - wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more, say no more!*  ^-^

The site used to modify photos for the forums added the links into the code.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #875 on: 04 June 2019, 13:09:14 »
Which will get here first . . . my new Marauder T-shirt or House Arano PDF . . .

Having seen people mention the CGL Store's 'tracking' feature . . . its really odd that it does not considering you can pretty much watch a package travel across the country just by providing the number- you do not even have to do it through your website, just give the number lol.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #876 on: 04 June 2019, 14:08:06 »
That said, if the next plot-forward book is unlikely to come out for gencon, would it be possible to get some indication when it might be more likely, to better calibrate our hopes and expectations?
i absolutely do not have an answer for you. I understand how badly you want one, and please know I would give you one if I could. The only think I can think of saying, hopefully without overstepping and getting me in any trouble, is that there is no new piece of the story to tell until we have a _good_ story to tell. We’re working on it, and have been working on it. But that is also measured against other things we need to focus on.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #877 on: 04 June 2019, 14:15:32 »
Knowing not to expect anything in the foreseeable future is the second most useful answer I could receive. Thank you. I really do appreciate it.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #878 on: 04 June 2019, 14:46:20 »
While I was looking forward to the next book, we are getting some good stuff coming out so . . .
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #879 on: 04 June 2019, 14:51:35 »
Wait for it…wait for it…
It’s only half way though the year. We’ve got some cool, big stuff to start kicking out.
 :thumbsup:
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #880 on: 04 June 2019, 15:09:22 »
Oh, I am good with that, just checking Drive Thru for House Arano . . . like I said, be interesting to see if my T-Shirt gets here or Arano drops first.
Colt Ward

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #881 on: 04 June 2019, 15:55:15 »
Wait for it…wait for it…
It’s only half way though the year. We’ve got some cool, big stuff to start kicking out.
 :thumbsup:

Nice! You said "Kicking" LOL  >:D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #882 on: 04 June 2019, 18:00:25 »
House Arano is from the Harebrained Schemes "BattleTech" PC game - far too much content to summarize here. The game is set in the mid-3020s, and this sourcebook is set in the couple of years just after the game, pre-4SW.

Here's the plot summary of the game - obviously, don't read it if you ever plan on playing through the game: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleTech_(Video_Game)#Plot_Synopsis

Thank you for this.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #883 on: 04 June 2019, 20:39:59 »
Thank you for this.

No problem. And actually, looking more closely at that link, there really aren't any spoilers for the game storyline. It's all setup material.

The sourcebook, OTOH, assumes you've played the game or don't care knowing the broad strokes of what happens.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #884 on: 07 June 2019, 12:04:45 »
Well...

House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition Update - May 30

The files for House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition were turned over for POD (print on demand) on Friday May 24th and processing began. After some technical revisions, the file was marked approved for proofing on Wednesday May 29th, and production began on a physical proof. Once the proof is created, it will be shipped overnight for inspection and approval (or revision). The turnaround time could be between 3-5 days, with an additional day for review (and creation of revisions if needed).

With this final timeframe, it does not appear that we will meet our May 31st release date, but will absolutely have the POD and PDF book available for purchase by June 7th.

Thank you again for your patience.

Ray Arrastia
BattleTech Assistant Line Developer

Up in store yet?
« Last Edit: 07 June 2019, 12:25:09 by NeonKnight »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #885 on: 07 June 2019, 12:15:50 »
Any word on status of new Game boxes?
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #886 on: 07 June 2019, 12:34:47 »

Before you start what I'm sure will be a spicy rumor, what are you actually asking about?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #887 on: 07 June 2019, 12:43:07 »
I ordered an GoAC in march (from an importer) and it just came in this week.
So it could be part of the new printing.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #888 on: 07 June 2019, 12:52:46 »
Before you start what I'm sure will be a spicy rumor, what are you actually asking about?

While I would love to be asking about a remote controlled from my smartphone TW scale Marauder mini that has blue LEDs for the PPCs in its arms and makes pew pew sounds . . . yeah, I was asking about the reprinting of the Game of Armored Combat box.
Colt Ward

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #889 on: 07 June 2019, 13:29:22 »
While I would love to be asking about a remote controlled from my smartphone TW scale Marauder mini that has blue LEDs for the PPCs in its arms and makes pew pew sounds . . . yeah, I was asking about the reprinting of the Game of Armored Combat box.

Hoping to have something on that next week. In process, but I'll have a better answer soon.

Up in store yet?

Nope.

And remember, that'll be the DTRPG store, not CGL's.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #890 on: 07 June 2019, 13:37:34 »
Hoping to have something on that next week. In process, but I'll have a better answer soon.

Nope.

And remember, that'll be the DTRPG store, not CGL's.

Can't buy just the PDF?

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #891 on: 07 June 2019, 13:51:53 »
Sat here refreshing in hope that the Arano Restoration book shows up!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #892 on: 07 June 2019, 16:35:20 »
So not today...but maybe Sat???
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #893 on: 07 June 2019, 17:23:08 »
So not today...but maybe Sat???

Today is Saturday though...

*shakes fist at international dateline*

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #894 on: 07 June 2019, 20:44:36 »
House Arano update: we have eagerly been waiting clearance from our PoD printer that the final files have been processed and are ready to go, which would allow us to make the book available for purchase. Like many of you, we have eagerly “mashing the F5 button” all day, but as of this writing it is still not available.

I do not believe there will be any change to the status over the weekend, but as soon as we have the green light from the printer and DriveThruRPG, we will announce the release of the book.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Ray Arrastia
BattleTech Assistant Line Developer.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
« Reply #895 on: 07 June 2019, 21:44:09 »
Can't be upset by the delay this time. Sounds like it is completely on the printer's side of things! Thanks for the update, Adrian. :thumbsup:

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #896 on: 07 June 2019, 22:27:55 »
So after House Arano  what is next for plot books?  Any movement on TRO golden century or something else

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #897 on: 07 June 2019, 23:12:18 »
So after House Arano  what is next for plot books?  Any movement on TRO golden century or something else
House Arano isn't a plot book, but the next expected one is ilClan.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #898 on: 08 June 2019, 01:12:49 »

So my previously unmentioned wish for a smartphone remote table top scale Marauder with blue LED lights when that come on when the PPCs fire is in the works!?

jklol . . . thanks for the update on the GoAC box and Arano guys.
Colt Ward

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #899 on: 08 June 2019, 03:14:48 »
Release Dates are jinxed, and in the fashion of Douglas Adams's Bistromatic Drive only serve to establish on which day the product won't come out. Everybody knows that.

With that out of the way, my current understanding is that the HB:Arano will be available exclusively as a PoD product (no PDF), and exclusively via DrivethruRPG, right?
If so, and having never used this vendor before myself, do they even offer PoD shipment to Germany?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins