Author Topic: Girl Genius - You're my creation and must obey my commands!  (Read 119367 times)

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
Re: Girl Genius - You're my creation and must obey my commands!
« Reply #750 on: 12 February 2020, 11:17:35 »
No, it's the full thing.  Jaegers are immortal, they progressively turn into monsters.  It is a process that goes on for centuries.  Most look mostly human, only the generals are more monsterous and are likely much older.  We see this from the time advanced progression of Vole.  He aged centuries in seconds and turned full on monster.

Question is, what about Gilgamesh?  He had some jaegerdraught, but it wasn't as much as Zeetha.  Agatha had some too, but probably will not turn, or Higgs would not have given her any.  The Heterodynes are masters of the Dyne as so are not directly effected by it.  This could mean Higgs has Heterodyne ancestry

The one difference is that neither of them swore the Jaeger oath, normally a prerequisite to getting the jaegerdraught.  Both were I believe honorary Jaegers already.  Gil certainly was with 'Schmott Guy',  Zeetha had their respect but more to the point needed the draught to survive her injuries.
« Last Edit: 12 February 2020, 11:20:04 by Von Jankmon »
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #751 on: 13 February 2020, 00:02:07 »
are we sure they got actual jeagerdraught, and not just a less potent derivative meant for healing?

also higgs having Heterodyne ancestry would explain his position as the keepr of secrets. who better to hold the secrets of the Heterodyne linage, than a Heterodyne?

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #752 on: 13 February 2020, 10:16:09 »
If it was just for healing it would not give her two properties Oggie let slip, and Higgs believe are true:

Zeetha will live at least a century, and still be of sufficient vigour to be a worthy lover of a Jagermonster!
Zeetha will have mutated by then.

She is a Jaegerkin now.  Her saving grace is that Agatha will act to halt the progression.  She could end up an unkillable 'human' like Higgs, who is very likely the hidden Jaeger general.  As Higgs does not mutate we have no idea how old he is, and could well be one of the most senior Jaegers.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #753 on: 13 February 2020, 12:37:03 »
are we sure Oggie knows what's what though? he's not exactly the sharpest, pointiest jaeger out there.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #754 on: 13 February 2020, 15:17:25 »
Is there a segment in the comic series that ever gets into historical detail about the culture, process, and so forth about Jagers? I know there's been lots of disparate tidbits through the series, but a lot of this strikes me as fan formalization with a lot of filling in of blanks.

But then I don't tend to register detail as well as others do in fiction.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #755 on: 13 February 2020, 21:42:58 »
Eesh i think jaeger are cool, but i'm not fan of the way they talk.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Orin J.

• Captain
« Reply #756 on: 13 February 2020, 22:54:56 »
Is there a segment in the comic series that ever gets into historical detail about the culture, process, and so forth about Jagers? I know there's been lots of disparate tidbits through the series, but a lot of this strikes me as fan formalization with a lot of filling in of blanks.

But then I don't tend to register detail as well as others do in fiction.

no, you're dead on there. me, i try not to guess what the plans are with the comic. girl genius is the sorta story where two plus two equals tootsie rolls.

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #757 on: 14 February 2020, 23:27:52 »
There is an internal consistency to the tale, so I do not think the Foglios are making it up as they go along.

Oggie may be an unreliable source, but I don't think Higgs is, and he took what Oggie said seriously.

Solarmech

• Master Sergeant
  • MekTek Staff and BattleTech Heritic
« Reply #758 on: 15 February 2020, 15:12:25 »
The Foglios are stated as having spent a long time planning the comic out. You can bet that they designed a whole background for the Jagers. And they probably had a LOT of fun doing it. ;D

Jägerdraught is what turn normal people into Jagers. But it has a VERY high mortality rate so I don't know if Mama would give it to Zeetha. Now Jägerdraught does contain Dyne water, but there is other stuff in it as well. Agatha was given pure Dyne water so no danger of becoming a Jager. Gil was given Battle-Draught which was a healing potion designed for Jaeger's but is supposed to have nasty side effects on normal people. But since Mama thought that Gil had been modified by Klaus she decided it was probably relatively safe. How much modification Gil did get is an open question to me since his mother is "theorized" to be the Skifander Queen and he may have come by some improvements "naturally". And let's face it Zeetha is far from a normal human. Normal people don't live after having a sword shoved through their heart. xp sm

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #759 on: 16 February 2020, 12:04:31 »
I would not think of it any other way, that Foglios didn't write out master bible of Genius Girl universe.  I've read their comics since was in my twenties, they put out good stuff.

I look forward what they have in store in for us. Part me want know if they will do a RPG of their universe agtha and the rest in habits.  There certainly alot craziness for party people keep them busy and on their toes.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #760 on: 17 February 2020, 14:35:55 »
I would not think of it any other way, that Foglios didn't write out master bible of Genius Girl universe.  I've read their comics since was in my twenties, they put out good stuff.
What other comics have they made?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #761 on: 17 February 2020, 16:22:38 »
What other comics have they made?
Sporadic stuff such as Buck Godot, he was future space detective.  They did dabbling here and there, such as mech comic called Dynamo Joe. (I collected that one when i still kid.) They did adult comics and some side work with DC & Independent comics.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2020, 18:07:22 by Wrangler »

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #762 on: 18 February 2020, 01:10:04 »
Buck Godot Zap Gun For Hire which gave us Winslow (All hail!)
Shoot first, laugh later.

Orin J.

• Captain
« Reply #763 on: 18 February 2020, 01:43:44 »
i mean winslow was already there, but it gave us winslow.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #764 on: 18 February 2020, 07:12:18 »
Tis true, along with our pink winslow called Achoo whom causes trouble once in while here on the forums.

Orin J.

• Captain
« Reply #765 on: 20 March 2020, 11:16:23 »
Oh....

Well....yes, good.

Of course you wouldn't bring guns to a diplomatic meeting, that's just common sense right?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #766 on: 20 March 2020, 14:10:23 »
It was brilliant insight of Agatha.  Glad she listened to reason verses her "Spark" senses.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #767 on: 21 March 2020, 03:19:26 »
Must be influence of von Zinzer rubbing off on her.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #768 on: 21 March 2020, 09:04:31 »
I think it's almost as impressive that they all actually removed every weapon from that suit.
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club