Author Topic: Warship Write-Up - The 2582 Aegis Heavy Cruiser  (Read 13168 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Warship Write-Up - The 2582 Aegis Heavy Cruiser
« Reply #30 on: 09 February 2016, 23:09:31 »
Is that fan-art of the old 2750 ship?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2016, 23:32:18 »
Is that fan-art of the old 2750 ship?

Pretty sure that's from the Living Legends RPG book, making her the SLS Manassas.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2016, 12:28:00 »
Pretty sure that's from the Living Legends RPG book, making her the SLS Manassas.

I have the book in my hands - it is indeed the SLS Manassas on page 38
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2016, 14:33:40 »
Note that the SLS Manassas was modified and didn't look quite exactly like any other 2750 era Aegis - though still similar enough to be immediately recognizable.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2016, 16:20:13 »
Poor SLS Mannassas, got all the way to the relativly modern day and then Comstar got there hands on it. Or was it the Clans. I forget.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2016, 16:53:53 »
Poor SLS Mannassas, got all the way to the relativly modern day and then Comstar got there hands on it. Or was it the Clans. I forget.
Clans, specifically the Smoke Jaguars who had the unfortunate captain of said ship listed as a war criminal in their historical records. ComStar simply had a hand in the ship's demise... Click on Frabby's SLS Manassas in blue above your post.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #36 on: 13 March 2016, 14:27:59 »
Thanks for the explanation for the fleet tactics
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.