Author Topic: TOTAL CHAOS! Recon Mission  (Read 2144 times)

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
TOTAL CHAOS! Recon Mission
« on: 08 October 2013, 16:39:38 »
Hsien, Chaos March
July 1st, 3067

Looking to reabsorb the planet Hsien back into the Confederation's fold, Capellan Strategios have hired a mercenary force to reconnoiter the planet.

Objectives:
Scan 50% of Defender's forces 100 WP
Survive 8 turns and withdraw 100 WP
Preemptive Strike 100 WP

Elected option:
+25 Weather - Solar Flare rolled (+3 To Weapon Attacks, +1 to Physical Attacks, +1 to piloting rolls w/ running/flanking)

Attacker (Player Force):
Cavalry Attack Helicopter (TAG) 3/4   
Phoenix Hawk   PXH-3PL   4/5   
Blackjack 2 BJ2-O      4/5   
Argus   AGS-2D   3/4   
Catapult   CPLT-C1   4/5   
Raven    RVN-4L 3/4   

Opforce:
Mongoose MON-66      3/3
Guillotine GLT-3N      3/4   (Hidden)
Thug THG-11E              2/3   (Hidden)
Battlemaster BLR-3S   3/4   (Hidden, Commander)

The Merc force enters the battlefield meeting a lone Mongoose, but know more opposition is out there. The Mongoose used it's speed to make itself a difficult target.

It's not long before the Merc force Raven's probe reveals an enemy Battlemaster!

The Raven speeds past the Mongoose and starts scanning the Battlemaster.

The forces on planet are indeed Word of Blake!

The Raven has no problem keeping up with the Battlemaster to complete its scan, taking damage while doing so. The Solar Flare hampers the Mercs' ability to cause damage, but also protects them.

The Merc VTOL stumbles upon a hidden WOB Guillotine, taking damage from a point blank shot, but nothing serious thanks to the Solar Flare.

Eventually the last WOB unit, a Thug reveals itself in one of the buildings.

A nasty surprise lurks in the buildings!

The Merc VTOL's pilot bravely trails the Blakist assault 'mech to complete its scan and a mission objective.

Before emerging from the building, the Thug scrapes paint off the Merc catapult.

The Blakist Battlemaster administers a consistent cocktail of four medium pulse lasers and an SRM 6 volley to anything crossing its path. It causes signifigant damage to the Argus, Blackjack and Raven, but no kills.

The Argus and Blackjack in turn harass the Battlemaster and Guillotine, the Catapult provides long range fire support and the Phoenix Hawk runs interference.

Repeated barrages knockdown the Battlemaster, but it gets up and prepares to withdraw.

Meanwhile, the aggressive Guillotine pilot successfully lands its 'mech on the mercenary Blackjack in a DFA attack! Two consecutive hits to the Blackjack head knock the pilot unconscious, toppling the 'mech over into a building causing further damage to both pilot and machine.

The Blakist Battlemaster is leaving the party...

Buildings provide some cover to the Blackjack, but in no way protect it from a DFA!

Coming too close to being salvage for comfort, the Battlemaster withdraws and the rest of the WOB force follows.

Objectives achieved:
Scanned 50% of force + 100 WP
Survived 8 turns + 100 WP
Option: Weather + 25 Wp

Track cost: 200 WP

Net +25 WP

Conclusion: The Mercs claim victory stumbling upon a skiddish WoB force. Mission achieved, their Capellan employers are pleased, but also disturbed at the presence of the Word of Blake's 4th Division on Hsien...

« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 16:44:10 by StuartYee »
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: TOTAL CHAOS! Recon Mission
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2013, 14:06:31 »
Looks like a good game. O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

mhal9000

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2013, 20:02:07 »
Great scenario, and while all the minis look great, I especially loved that Thug. Sounds like you had a fun game!
CDT Agent #693, Wichita, KS.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2013, 13:34:46 »
Great scenario, and while all the minis look great, I especially loved that Thug. Sounds like you had a fun game!

Thanks, Eric's camera made it look good!  ;)

I played the Wobbies, maybe I should have stuck around to give the Mercs more of a thrashing, but it was past my bedtime, lol!
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC