Author Topic: Technical Readout: 3060  (Read 9508 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Technical Readout: 3060
« on: 22 March 2012, 23:20:37 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with the current Catalyst printing of Technical Readout: 3060.  Reports must be from the Catalyst version only: errors found in earlier, non-Catalyst printings should not be reported.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=technical-readout-3060

There is no compiled errata for this product at this time.

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2015, 13:57:21 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
Re: Technical Readout: 3060
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2014, 01:41:25 »
My apologies if this has already been discovered, I am reading from my FASA printing I bought some time ago (but I thought this continuity error needed to be reported):

1st printing, FASA, 1998
p. 172
Guillotine IIC entry, "Capabilities", middle of the last paragraph:
"The Adders used the new 'Mechs in 2892 against a raiding force from Clan Mongoose seeking genetic material on the Adders' homeworld. The Adder warriors fought a grueling five-hour battle against the determined Mongoose warriors..."

Problem: Clan Mongoose was Absorbed by Clan Smoke Jaguar in 2868, according to Era Digest: Golden Century, pp. 7-10 and Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 113, and possibly others.
Suggested fix: Change Clan Mongoose to another clan, or change the intro date for the Guillotine IIC (not recommended, fluff indicates Clan Coyote intentionally made it as a second-line BattleMech after OmniMechs were introduced, so continuity works)

Thanks!
Steve
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2017, 22:31:00 »
2010 Corrected Sixth Printing (First Printing by Catalyst Game Labs)

p. 142

Third sentence under Deployment

"One Pack Hunter was to the destruction of its gyro,[...]"

change to something like:

"One Pack Hunter was lost to the destruction of its gyro,[...]".

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2019, 11:49:29 »
Technical Readout: 3060, FASA printing, "Epona: Overview", 2nd sentence, p. 54:

"Other Clans consider the pod technology wasted on conventional vehicles, but the Horses, who regularly use vehicles in frontline roles, have enjoyed the benefits of the flexibility of this design for more than seventy years."

Problem: The MUL lists the Epona as 176 years before TRO:3060's in-universe publication date.

Because of other issues with this entry, nckestrel says the MUL should take precedence:

Yeah, Comstar goofed there.  It also says the Bandit is likely an offshot of the Epona.  Meanwhile the Bandit is stated to be from the Golden Century (which ended more than 70 years before 3060).  So I'm going to leave the Epona as earlier.

Solution: Change the line to read, "Other Clans consider the pod technology wasted on conventional vehicles, but the Horses, who regularly use vehicles in frontline roles, have enjoyed the benefits of the flexibility of this design for more than one hundred seventy years."
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2021, 16:33:18 »
First CGL printing

p.168, under Variants
--Change "five machine guns" to "four machine guns"  (Record Sheets for the design already correct this)
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Register