Author Topic: Air-Slip Mechs  (Read 2126 times)

Phantom000

• Corporal
Re: Air-Slip Mechs
« Reply #30 on: 30 December 2023, 09:27:36 »
This was basically an entire concept developed to justify a periphery world using mechs that look like the Air Mech mode and utilizing fixed-wing and handheld rules early, though without making any significant waves to canon so it remains its own little niche.

Personally, I think LAMs are a niche weapon system; very good at a very specific job but otherwise mediocre at best.

But I do like this idea of a planet using them to protect against pirate raids. Instead of garrisoning forces at each facility you have a bunch of these Air-Slip mechs concentrated in one place with pilots of stand by. As soon as the alert goes out a swarm of these things take off, fly to the scene and engage the raiders.

LAMFAN

• Corporal
  • Powered by LAM Autism
Re: Air-Slip Mechs
« Reply #31 on: 04 January 2024, 12:13:16 »
Personally, I think LAMs are a niche weapon system; very good at a very specific job but otherwise mediocre at best.

But I do like this idea of a planet using them to protect against pirate raids. Instead of garrisoning forces at each facility you have a bunch of these Air-Slip mechs concentrated in one place with pilots of stand by. As soon as the alert goes out a swarm of these things take off, fly to the scene and engage the raiders.
Thank you! Yeah, the ability to intercept raiders made them an instant and affordable success. They could later afford to actual garrison Mech's at the settlements, towns and cities, with Air-Slip forces always on standby for intercept.
"It's called the Death Basket, because I'm riding this coffin all the way to Hell!"

CEO of Hamric Industries and Hamric's Hammers Mercenary Unit

Want to play with Air Mech's without the extra Battlemech/ASF mode of LAMs? Try Air-Slip Mechs!
AIR-SLIP MECH: LORE AND RULES

LAMFAN

• Corporal