Author Topic: I think Jamaican in the moonlight of Achooluna, drinking rum every night...  (Read 77823 times)

BirdofPrey

• Major
Achoo got himself one of the budget lunas

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
budget?  Like it's from Ikea with some parts missing?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
No, That was ClangLuna. Unfortunately I paid full price for this puppy!
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
What's with that meter wide trench that runs the equator length for again?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Wait, those sand traps for Achooluna Mech-golf course?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
The sand trench is for dunebuggy racing.  :thumbsup:
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
Recreation on Achooluna is very important. 

The female wrestling pits are quite a hit

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
And you can get really hit there if you aren't careful!

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
yeah could lose an eyeball

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Is there a sand pit like the Live-Fire Mech-Mud Wrestling matches you guys run?
« Last Edit: 19 October 2018, 05:34:40 by Wrangler »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
More like King Crab in the King of the Mountain arena.

After it rained...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
Is there a sand pit like the Live-Fire Mech-Mud Wrestling matches you guys run?

LOL -our last BT game was Scenario 7 from the Coventry campaign.  It's played on the River Delta Map 1 & 2 + the Large Lakes 2 map with all hexes adjacent to water being mud. 

Fun times

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
One wild game I played in was four forest maps with hills. What made it wild was it was supposed to be a jungle in flood, with level 1 water everywhere (the level 1 terrain was level 0 water). It was messy as hell getting around on that one! (with lots of cover to boot!)

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Oh, and there was a current that required a piloting roll each turn to avoid being moved one hex in the direction of flow, modified by the weight class of your 'Mech. And if you failed that roll you had to make another piloting skill roll to avoid falling down. 

It was a messy game.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Ever fought the Wombat in one those games. Seem like Wombat would't play fair.  ;D

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
Oh, and there was a current that required a piloting roll each turn to avoid being moved one hex in the direction of flow, modified by the weight class of your 'Mech. And if you failed that roll you had to make another piloting skill roll to avoid falling down. 

It was a messy game.

We had a game with a wide river, 5 hexes wide and the Merc unit had to find ford across it.  It required you step into the water to determine if the mirky water was shallow enough.  The Mercs drove their hovercraft and ejected their infantry to speed things up - sink or swim boys.  I did not see that tactic coming. 

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Yup. Trial by drowning.  Gotta love that level of sadism.

Maxim 32
« Last Edit: 21 November 2018, 11:34:22 by The Mighty ACHOO »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Well, not as entertaining having a Fireball going full tilt across a road map then fail skid check and litterly look like it's skipping across water like a rock and sinking as such after being hulled.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
Yup. Trial by drowning.  Gotta love that level of sadism.

Maxim 32

Yeah that was pretty funny

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Well, not as entertaining having a Fireball going full tilt across a road map then fail skid check and litterly look like it's skipping across water like a rock and sinking as such after being hulled.

Been there, done that. Broke the Locust and the leg of the Warhammer it crashed into. Sadly the Warhammer was on my side......

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
He must have been drinking way too much rum.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Nope. He was sober. I, however...….well, I wasn't drunk, but...…..

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Too many fruit cocktails eh?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I believe everyone bit fruity having all those sport drinks and their buzzy after words.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Don't do those sporty drink things. I actually read the ingredient labels and checked what I was allowed to have. Nope. Don't do those things. They really ain't good for you.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
(Hands cool bottle of birch beer to achoo.)
There that old style soda should do it for ya.

(Starts watching what he assumes a old recording of the  Wombat stealing someones Mech with comical results in piloting.)

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Watch the third video. I put "Wombat friendly" picture instructions, arranged at random, on the controls. BattleMech Break Dancing at it's finest! He broke the 'Mech he stole, the lance sent to retrieve him and the Dropship that was actually sort of an innocent bystander.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2019, 11:32:59 by The Mighty ACHOO »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Wow! The insurance company must went out of business on this misadventure. (Watches random explosions even though no guns being fired as people panic as their screaming "Wombat!!!")

[Wrangler squints seeing if the current line up of stooges...(oops)...rum drinkers still in the bar were there.]

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
When Wombat is involved insurance companies are not. If they can avoid it. But when Wombat is involved "avoiding it" is often not an option.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Is that why there so few insurance companies operating on Achooluna?