Author Topic: *FINAL* Chronicles of 69th VXF-Novellas I-VI and The Omen Quartet-Novella I-IV  (Read 20674 times)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
[Removed for editing]
« Last Edit: 14 December 2017, 14:26:46 by Sigil »

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
Re: Chronicles of 69th VXF-Novellas I-VII and The Omen Quartet-Novella I-II
« Reply #31 on: 06 September 2016, 17:19:16 »
I'm following with interest! I really enjoy your work.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 06 September 2016, 18:38:48 »
I'm following with interest! I really enjoy your work.

Thank you for letting me know.  It means a lot to me know that people are reading my work!

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 08 September 2016, 07:50:51 »
I really like where you're taking Sigil and I identify with his quirky tinkering tendencies and his "leap before you look" exploits. I'm glad to see that Blake-listed wasn't the end of his tale, that I saw your posts on the Facebook group, and that I can follow your thread here for updates.

The quirks of the various electronics in universe are great, they must take a ton of research on your part, and I feel like your stories are all the more real for them.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 09 September 2016, 04:35:34 »
Glad your enjoying it and thanks for the feedback.  I did get rather obsessive with regards to the manufacturer of just about every BattleMech component I mention in the series.  They are each unique in their own way.  The BattleTech Universe is so richly detailed that the amount of information you can dig up on just about anything is rather astounding.  If you want to read a short piece where I really let my OCD come out, check out this bizarre little short:  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45577.msg1049456#msg1049456

O:-)

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 16 September 2016, 08:44:52 »
I recall reading that in the past, it was a fun read and a great match up of science and in universe model specific design decision discussion.

Did you also write the clan tech compatibility lectures?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 16 September 2016, 09:54:06 »
I recall reading that in the past, it was a fun read and a great match up of science and in universe model specific design decision discussion.

Did you also write the clan tech compatibility lectures?

No, Stinger did, and they are an excellent read.  I ran across them a couple of months ago :)

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 16 September 2016, 12:59:22 »
I enjoyed it. I will keep an eye out for more of your contributions around here. Thank you for devoting your energies  to my entertainment and the hobby that I love.

Dave Talley

• Major
"Reunions" the second installment of the Omen Quartet is now available to download in .pdf format here:
https://wlu.box.com/shared/static/e4bf3ndkrn9um3dnupie2cbv1cs8uunu.pdf 

OY!

wheres book 3?
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Sigil

• Lieutenant
Book III is slowly but surely being edited.  I expect it will be done and released in the next 2-4 weeks.  I'm currently spending most of the free time working on an expansion for the old BT CCG game, both new cards and a new rule set.  You can check it out at one of our sister forums:  https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4437/comments/78387.   

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
I saw the notification that this thread was updated and i got my hopes up.

I have my old ccg cards, I'll check out that expansion.

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
I just finished catching up.

Great work Sigil! I am looking forward to the next novella.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
[Removed for editing]
« Last Edit: 14 December 2017, 14:27:15 by Sigil »

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
Thank you, Sigil! I can't wait to see how this turns out. I've really liked the series and the direction you've gone after Blakelisted.

Sigil

• Lieutenant
[Removed for editing]
« Last Edit: 14 December 2017, 14:27:23 by Sigil »

Dave Talley

• Major
YIPPPPEEEE!
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
I'm happily downloading this, and sadly reflecting on the (potential) end of a series I've so enjoyed following.  Thank you for putting in all the hard work for these characters I've come to enjoy the company of. 

snakespinner

• Captain
Thanks for all the effort you have put in. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

DOC_Agren

• Major
Sigil, there will be more right
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
Note:  Updated the cover art for the "Damian," the content remains unchanged. 

Now working on putting "Through a Mirror Dimly" into Novella form and distributing it.  The original version can be found under my "Fragged" thread and it picks up about 5 years after "Damian."  Once that's done, I have every intention of picking up Mez's story where it left and (finally) working on a new story.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2017, 15:11:13 by Sigil »

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
That sounds great! I'm glad to hear you'll keep writing. I wasn't aware that you had another story line out there. I'll check it out and I look forward to reading more of yours. 

DOC_Agren

• Major
Note:  Updated the cover art for the "Damian," the content remains unchanged. 

Now working on putting "Through a Mirror Dimly" into Novella form and distributing it.  The original version can be found under my "Fragged" thread and it picks up about 5 years after "Damian."  Once that's done, I have every intention of picking up Mez's story where it left and (finally) working on a new story.
Great NEWS SIGIL there are many of just waiting for more....
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Sigil

• Lieutenant
That sounds great! I'm glad to hear you'll keep writing. I wasn't aware that you had another story line out there. I'll check it out and I look forward to reading more of yours.

The content of the original "Through a Mirror Dimly" is going through a cleanup and significant revision.  You might just want to wait until I post the final version.  I expect to release it within the next 3-6 weeks.

DOC_Agren

• Major
I was excited when I saw you posting, I was hoping there was new content

Sigil

• Lieutenant
Actually, I was considering cutting my teeth on a Shadowrun short story.  You can see the echoes of a street setting in Short Circuit (http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45614.msg1131020#msg1131020).

I got sidetracked playing the HBS Shadowrun series while waiting for their BattleTech game to be released (Apr. 24th for reference).  Either I had forgotten how compelling the setting was or HBS just did a really good job of conveying it.  From there, I read Robert Charrette's (also a notable BattleTech author) Secrets of Power trilogy and then, in a final spasm of Shadownrun love, bought the ancient 1997 FASA TCG game which I'm now happily playing in place of the equally old, although considerably more successful, BattleTech TCG. 

More than you wanted to know.

DOC_Agren

• Major
You have a way with the old game systems

snakespinner

• Captain
After what you did with BT I'm sure looking forward to any Shadowrun work you do.
Make sure you share with us. :thumbsup:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
have to download and reread the updates to this story. can not wait to see the shadowrun stuff.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
Just finished this series. The ending brought a tear to my eye.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech