Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 141742 times)

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #150 on: 23 August 2019, 13:53:39 »
Anything going down this weekend at Huzzah or Games and Stuff?

Not to my knowledge.  The MD group is playing the 14th and the game at Huzzah is on the 21st.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2019, 14:38:06 by Jester006 »
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #151 on: 24 August 2019, 12:43:09 »
With Sprocket's design laid out, I did some company planning.  Nothing set in stone just some idea for distribution of points.

Jatska

• Recruit
« Reply #152 on: 24 August 2019, 15:09:16 »
I'd like mine to be 2/3 Exterminator EXT-4A(the dumb down 3025 one), so 3 points I think that costs.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #153 on: 24 August 2019, 15:45:39 »
Did you want to make any modifications to the base Exterminator?

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #154 on: 24 August 2019, 15:54:36 »
So all the points are spent that I'm tracking if my math is right.  Once others have reviewed the  distribution of points we can move on to random mech rolling by Jester.

Jester, the only thing I'd want to ask is if we can move mechs once selected within the company framework.  Like a panther in lance 1 doesnt make sense versus it being in lance 2.  So maybe a swap there or something after you randomize us.

Jatska

• Recruit
« Reply #155 on: 24 August 2019, 15:59:25 »
If I was gonna make any only minor stuff like removing machine gun/lrm for more heatsinks/armor and so it wont go boom. I never really done custom mechs.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #156 on: 24 August 2019, 16:03:03 »
I'm hesitant on the last two 'mechs in the company.  If we're going to spend points on better tech, I think it would be better spent on heavier (more survivable) machines, or better pilots (who can be moved into better rides when they're salvaged).

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #157 on: 24 August 2019, 16:08:05 »
Jatska, Just say you remove the machine gun and ammo for an extra heat sink.  That should be fine. 

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #158 on: 24 August 2019, 16:08:58 »
I'm hesitant on the last two 'mechs in the company.  If we're going to spend points on better tech, I think it would be better spent on heavier (more survivable) machines, or better pilots (who can be moved into better rides when they're salvaged).
Sounds reasonable.  Wanna just make that third lance a lance of 3025 mediums?

Jatska

• Recruit
« Reply #159 on: 24 August 2019, 16:15:11 »
Well I might as well then upgrade to the Star League era one that has double heat sinks, but it was extinct I think at that time besides ComStar, and my old group would never allow that to happen so I went with the base one alive in that time.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #160 on: 24 August 2019, 16:19:19 »
The Star League era one also has the Chameleon Light Polarization Shield, so I don't know if Jester will go for it (but if he does, off to the races!)

TinyOzora: That sounds like a good idea... we'll have to see what we roll...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #161 on: 24 August 2019, 16:25:28 »
We've got a bit more flexibility.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #162 on: 24 August 2019, 16:30:19 »
Cool... if we get an Urbanmech for the Light, it can go into the Support Lance...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #163 on: 24 August 2019, 17:01:49 »
If I was gonna make any only minor stuff like removing machine gun/lrm for more heatsinks/armor and so it wont go boom. I never really done custom mechs.

That's an easy change, and I agree that adding on an extra heat sink will probably be better.

Jester, the only thing I'd want to ask is if we can move mechs once selected within the company framework.  Like a panther in lance 1 doesnt make sense versus it being in lance 2.  So maybe a swap there or something after you randomize us.

That perfectly fine.  You can mix and match the mechs for each lance, just as long as you have 12 and all the points have been spent.

The Star League era one also has the Chameleon Light Polarization Shield, so I don't know if Jester will go for it (but if he does, off to the races!)

That would be a no.  I gotta give you all some room to grow with salvage and other goodies.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #164 on: 24 August 2019, 17:03:15 »
Thanks Jester... good to know I was thinking generally in the right direction.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #165 on: 24 August 2019, 17:04:06 »
And of course I thought of another question right after I hit post... How would adding new players work?

Jatska

• Recruit
« Reply #166 on: 24 August 2019, 17:28:38 »
Ya the shield thing one I was trying to avoid. I seem to remember there being one where it was just base mech with double heat sinks and no special things but my memory could be hazy.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #167 on: 24 August 2019, 18:01:52 »
And of course I thought of another question right after I hit post... How would adding new players work?

They can either choose which mech they want to be their own or they can choose a mech and swap it out for one in the same weight class and tech level.

I've also rolled for the random mechs assuming what is on the spreadsheet is the final decision.  You all got some good rolls and some ehh ones.  You all will get to pick which variants those mechs are, but you don't get to make any modifications to them.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2019, 18:11:05 by Jester006 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #168 on: 24 August 2019, 18:10:57 »
Looking at the spreadsheet, I think those rolls are awesome all the way around... we just have to move some 'mechs to better match movement rates.

Personally, I think we should have the stock Vulcan so we have an AC/2 in the mix.

The Shadow Hawk should swap into the Cavalry Lance, and the Whitworth into the Support Lance.  That makes the third one basically Recon again.  And with the P-Hawk and Vulcan paired up, the Scorpion and Hermes can too.  Split like that, that lance could cover more territory.  If we got with the stick Vulcan, anti-infantry capability is covered, so the P-Hawk can be a D without Machine Guns.  And if we could shift two points from the P-Hawk's CT to its Head, I'd feel a whole lot better about it.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #169 on: 24 August 2019, 18:14:56 »
And if we could shift two points from the P-Hawk's CT to its Head, I'd feel a whole lot better about it.

As much as I like that idea (being the P.hawk is my favorite IS medium mech), I have to say no.  Later on if/when you want to modify its equipment you can add more armor to the head if and only if you somehow come up with spare tonnage through things like replacing its standard armor with FF, XL engine, dropping weapons, etc.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2019, 18:16:40 by Jester006 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #170 on: 24 August 2019, 18:34:28 »
Maybe drop half a ton of ammo out of a stock version?  ???

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #171 on: 24 August 2019, 18:45:01 »
Maybe drop half a ton of ammo out of a stock version?  ???

Later on you can do that.  But for now, you have to stick with the stock.version of whichever variant you pick.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #172 on: 24 August 2019, 18:52:42 »
Make sense... we can just light load it in the interim.  It's not like it needs 200 rounds...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #173 on: 24 August 2019, 20:51:36 »
I just went into the spreadsheet to move things around as I suggested.  I also recommended the Davion variants of the Marauder and Warhammer (I think I got the designators right), and the Kurita Shadow Hawk for the second one of those (since TinyOzora focused on short range weapons with his; at the very least, that lance will now have something that can lob smoke).

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #174 on: 24 August 2019, 21:22:48 »
The MAD-3D is 3025 tech.  You all paid the extra points to choose a variant with better tech.  If you wanted to take the bounty hunter or 2R variant, I'd allow it.  If you are also interested, you can take the 5D variant.  I know its a couple of years before it is actually suppose to be out, but its close enough.

If you are all fine with the 3D, you can upgrade the pilot then. 

Same goes for the Warhammer, the 6D is 3025 tech.  You can take the 7M or 7A if you all want; but if the 6D is fine with you all, upgrade the pilot.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #175 on: 24 August 2019, 21:59:32 »
I'm in the WHM-7A and MAD-5D or MAD-BH (3044) camps.  The WHM-7A is just better and a good looking mech to give us that long range firepower. 

I feel the same in upgrading the mech over the pilot with the MAD but I'm split between the 5D and the BH (3044).  The BH has the same movement profile as Sprocket's Rifleman, so it wouldn't actually be as big of a liability as we think, though the MAD-5D brings a 4/6/4 movement profile with a good number of pulse lasers to deal with things getting in too close too fast. 

I agree with Daryk that the Phawk should be the 1D for the added HS.

Daryk, I disagree with the Vulcan.  Not sure why you picked the 2T over the 5T.  Not seeing the importance in a singular AC/2 over 3 addition medium lasers, 2 HS, 2 tons of armor.

Now that I'm home, let me whip up a custom for Jatska for that lvl1 Exterminator.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #176 on: 24 August 2019, 22:06:17 »
Here you go Jaska.  Easy enough.  Allows for you to fire the mediums and stand still without any heat buildup.

Code: [Select]
Exterminator EXT-4B

Mass: 65 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3007
Cost: 6,476,222 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,355

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 325 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  LRM-10
    4  Medium Lasers
    1  Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                     104 points                6.50
Engine:             Fusion Engine                325                      23.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 5 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT                                   5.00
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 168                 10.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     21           24       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                           L/R Torso     15           21       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  6         
                                             L/R Arm     10           16       
                                             L/R Leg     15           21       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Laser                                  HD        1         1         0.50
LRM-10                                       LT        4         2         5.00
2 Medium Lasers                              RA        6         2         2.00
2 Medium Lasers                              LA        6         2         2.00
@LRM-10 (12)                                 CT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 34

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 14
5j         2       2       1       0      3     1   Structure:  5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #177 on: 24 August 2019, 23:27:10 »
If you wanted to have a sniper type with the Vulcan, the AC2 is the variant you all want.  But I dont think that's needed when you have the Phawk and the Scorpion in that lance

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #178 on: 25 August 2019, 03:04:27 »
Sniping is exactly the reason for the singular AC/2.  Even with ER PPCs in the unit, the AC/2 still outranges them.  If we don't want the sniper, the Davion Vulcan is a fine choice.

The 7A Warhammer looks solid, and I lean toward the 3015 Bounty Hunter version of the Marauder over the 5D.  XL engines are just...  xp

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #179 on: 25 August 2019, 05:30:25 »
I understand your problems with XL, I generally disdain them.  In this case however, it's on a mech with decent mobility and near max armor for a 75 tonner.  Based on the structure of our force, it's meant to stay back where the XL is less of a liability.

Register