Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172551 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #90 on: 20 July 2018, 18:32:51 »
Sorry to hear that. :(

Does anyone have a Gurkha mini they could bring on Sunday?

Ya I got you covered

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #91 on: 02 August 2018, 21:21:56 »
Gencon loot has been secured.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #92 on: 03 August 2018, 16:22:00 »
Gencon loot has been secured.

Cool  :thumbsup:

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 06 August 2018, 16:33:39 »
due to an unexpected bill. I will not  be able to fully reimburse in cash for gencon loot. However if you are willing to trade/exchange let me know what minis you are looking to acquire. For example I have NIB a gurkha, Kingfisher, and Night Gyr. I have more available for trade; a few more NIB, some unassembled, assembled,  even primed and based. I have NO(ZERO) AERO.
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 06 August 2018, 19:44:07 »
Pay me when you can; There's no rush.  I'll have them for you during the next game.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #95 on: 20 August 2018, 14:21:58 »
Just a headsup that this weekend is the WWE

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 24 August 2018, 13:43:30 »
Should we bring anything besides dice and Gencon loot?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #97 on: 24 August 2018, 14:26:59 »
Should we bring anything besides dice and Gencon loot?

That will cover it  :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 27 August 2018, 15:48:55 »
Do we have an outcome for the game?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: 27 August 2018, 17:03:31 »
Give a guy sometime  >:D

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #100 on: 27 August 2018, 17:33:37 »
you've had 18 hours, get it done already procrastinator :D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #101 on: 27 August 2018, 21:44:57 »
you've had 18 hours, get it done already procrastinator :D

You have been procrastined

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 06 September 2018, 15:38:49 »
Any updates on our next game?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #103 on: 06 September 2018, 16:33:18 »
Will set it up over the weekend

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #104 on: 09 September 2018, 19:37:48 »
our next game is the 23rd. mission setup to follow.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #105 on: 09 September 2018, 20:32:34 »
what was the  local result of the wwe on the 26th august?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #106 on: 10 September 2018, 12:13:05 »
what was the  local result of the wwe on the 26th august?

1 point victory for the FWL

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #107 on: 11 September 2018, 14:51:02 »
LIES! Word sympathizers! Heretics.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #108 on: 11 September 2018, 14:53:20 »
our next game is the 23rd. mission setup to follow.
Will this be map or 3d terrain?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #109 on: 11 September 2018, 16:18:17 »
LIES! Word sympathizers! Heretics.

Don't drop buildings ;-)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #110 on: 11 September 2018, 16:19:07 »
Will this be map or 3d terrain?

Not sure yet. Working on the mission .

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #111 on: 12 September 2018, 23:19:25 »
The Arkad Harid stand ready.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #112 on: 13 September 2018, 16:50:59 »
The Arkad Harid stand ready.

Sounds good. Just email me you t.o.% e

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #113 on: 16 September 2018, 00:05:57 »
“Tai-i Kalakaua to Nejiro control. Over”
“Control to Tai-i Kalakaua we read you. Over”
“Control my security patrol has spotted mechs in the Shinrin Forest. Requesting orders. Over”
“Control to Tai-i Kalakaua roger mechs in Shinrin. Did you patrol get an ID on any of them? Over”
“Negative control they were in too deep to spot. Over”
“Tai-i have you patrol return to base. Over”
“Roger control. Security patrol RTB. Over and out”

“Tai-i Kalakaua to Shujin Tanaka your patrol is to return to base. Over”
“Shujin Tanaka. To command, roger command RTB. Over and out.”

“Nejiro command to all GSF commands you are to prep a force to move out in one half hour. We have a report of Mechs in the Shinrin Forest.”

OK people here we go. Normal Drill you get 1 Mech, 1 Armored, 1 Infantry and 1 you pick.
We will be using maps and with luck we will have our northern friend playing via some form of vid link.
the maps will be 2 of heavy woods 31, 2 of heavy woods #2, large lake #1 and woodland.
lay out will be
woodland - large lake #1
heavy woods #2 - heavy woods #1
heavy woods #1 - heavy woods #2
you will be entering on the large lake map. it is the only place your transport will be able to drop you without problems.
you all should talk to each other about what you are going to bring to the table.

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #114 on: 16 September 2018, 03:08:35 »
Heavy Woods, huh?  :groans:  Well, I guess my Regulators and Blizzard are out.  Also, visibility will be both jack and shit, so I guess short range weapons is the way to go.  Jump capability will also be a must if anybody wants to get anywhere fast.  VTOLS are also a good idea.  I suppose if my Wraith hasn't arrived yet, then my "Steiner Light Recon Team" (ie my Marauder and Wolverine) will get the duty along with my Hawk Moth VTOL and probably my Badger with the Fa Shih BA.  Time to go kill some Kurita terrorists (or whatever they turn out to be).

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #115 on: 16 September 2018, 19:53:38 »
Heavy Woods, huh?  :groans:  Well, I guess my Regulators and Blizzard are out.  Also, visibility will be both jack and shit, so I guess short range weapons is the way to go.  Jump capability will also be a must if anybody wants to get anywhere fast.  VTOLS are also a good idea.  I suppose if my Wraith hasn't arrived yet, then my "Steiner Light Recon Team" (ie my Marauder and Wolverine) will get the duty along with my Hawk Moth VTOL and probably my Badger with the Fa Shih BA.  Time to go kill some Kurita terrorists (or whatever they turn out to be).

Yes your Wraith in now in planet.

As for your hover vehicles ... Come on you don't want to cut the wild grass  ::)

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #116 on: 17 September 2018, 16:24:58 »
In that case, the Botley brothers (Lorren and Tristifer) will head in with the Wolverine and the Wraith alongside the Hawk Moth and the Badger with the Fa Shih BA.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #117 on: 18 September 2018, 18:59:53 »

Comstar AP News Service
2 January 3068
Outreach, INN

It seems that for every mercenary command of sterling character (such as Wolf's Dragoons, The Kell Hounds or The Twelfth Vegan Rangers) there is one for whom money is the only thing that matters. The Word of Blake highlighted this with deadly clarity when they bought Waco's Rangers, Smithson's Chinese Bandits, the Tiger Sharks and the 51st Dark Panzer Jaegers and unleashed them on Harlech. Now to this roll of dishonor must be added the Broadsword Legion. Hired by Wolf's Dragoons in their moment of need, the Legion turned on their employers as the Dragoons battled to defend their homes from the onslaught of the Blakists' Sixth and Tenth Divisions.
At the height of this second battle of Outreach, just as it appeared the defenders were gaining the upper hand, the Broadsword Legion launched a furious assault on the rear of the Dragoons' Wolf Spiders Battalion. Pinned between the Legion and the Blakist Diplomacy of Force III-Alpha, the Wolf Spiders (proud holders of the Black Widow Battalion legacy) were almost annihilatedbefore they could rally. That costly act of treachery further weakened the Dragoons. In an apparent effort to finish off the famed mercenaries once and for all, the Blakist reportedly launched devastating strategic attacks against the planet from orbit.
Across the Inner Sphere, the same question is being asked: Who will next turn their coat? Which mercenary command will turn on its employers and do the evil bidding of the Word of Blake? This fear has already led to tragedy on Epsilon Indi, where the Com Guards Second Division launched an unprovoked attack on the Tooth of Ymir. Reportedly, relations between the Com Guards and the mercenaries had been strained ever since the mercenary unit arrived on world.
Faced with overwhelming odds, Colonel Shadwell wisely ordered the battered Tooth to surrender. Following an exhaustive investigation, Precentor Regis Grandi has reluctantly been forced to concede that no tangible proof exists linking the Tooth with the Word of Blake. The Tooth of Ymir, now under the minimum strength stipulated by their contract, is reportedly headed for Arc-Royal to rebuild. In the meantime, many mercenary commanders are left nervously wondering how long it will be before their equally nervous employers turn on them.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #118 on: 18 September 2018, 19:18:11 »

Comstar AP News Service
31 December 3067
Remus, Outreach MERCNET

The following is an unedited version of a report by Shandra Esteban, one of our reporters on Outreach.

I have lived on Outreach for four years now. I've been with each of the Dragoons regiments. I've been to many of the Home Guard bases. I've spoken with those who traveled here because of the freedom, or because it was a true mercenary's Mecca, a place to recuperate, a place to trade, a place for business.
All that is over now.
But I do know the damned Word of Blake has won. They crushed us! We were winning, and for that those damn bastards dropped nukes on us, on our bases, on our homes. They couln't win an honest battle, so they killed everyone! Not since the Succesasion Wars has anyone done anything this horrible. I don't care about the Fifth FedCom! The bastards used megaton devices on the Keep, damn them! There's nothing left!
Objectivity be damned! Curse the Word of Blake! No mercy for the merciless! We must destroy them, or they will destroy us!

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #119 on: 18 September 2018, 19:39:40 »
Comstar AP News Service
7 January 3068
Arc-Royal INN

Escaping the destruction on Tharkad, Grand Duke Morgan Kell issued the following statement:

"These are dark days for the Inner Sphere.
"For centuries humankind has fought wars, and always mercenaries have played their part. But what is a mercenary? To the public, a mercenary is a warrior - sometimes romanticized, often reviled - who fights for money. To a military commander, a mercenary is an asset to be used, just like any other weapon. To a politician, a mercenary is a necessary evil, an expense that must be accepted to achieve a desired goal.
"The one thing everyone expects from a mercenary is integrity.
"Not loyalty. Not high morals. Not even bravery. Integrity.
"Some consider the mercenary trade to be the second-oldest profession (or perhaps third, after politics) but integrity is the foundation on which the whole edifice is built. The Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission was created to guarantee that integrity, from mercenaries and those who hire them.
"The deaths of my good friend, Jaime Wolf, and of so many Dragoons can be laid at the door of renegades who chose to sell their integrity, the one thing most important to a mercenary.
"I say now to all mercenary commands, this madness must stop. No more! No matter the fee, no matter the coin, selling our souls - our honor - is a transaction we cannot afford!"

Register