Author Topic: ProtoMech of the Week - Delphyne  (Read 15664 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: ProtoMech of the Week - Delphyne
« Reply #30 on: 31 May 2019, 14:40:54 »
Sorry I meant a mixed proto point

Elcor05

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 31 May 2019, 19:52:48 »
Here's the MUL for the Fire Mandrill Protomechs. http://www.masterunitlist.info/Era/FactionEraDetails?FactionId=10&EraId=14

Cannon ones are:
Harpy, Satyr, Centaur, Hydra, Roc, Gorgon, or Minotaur.

Depending on what type of mixed point you want I'd suggest something like:

Minotaurs and Gorgons for a heavy point.

Rocs for a good all-around/jumpy one.

GreekFire also has a great run down on Force Selection here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,43037.0.html
"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." - Ambrose Bierce

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #32 on: 31 May 2019, 23:45:05 »
The Dragon! The Dragon! the Drag- what, no not the 'mech the, ah whatever.

While i haven't personally gotten to field any protomechs (can't bring myself to sneak them in demonstrations, which is all i've played in ages) i can respect the concept, and it's hard for me to argue with the stats the Delphyne has.

i also like choice to give them flashy looks, for what it's worth. they're right in that sweet spot of "what IS that" with their size, speed, and the claimed fluidity of their movement that you can drill some real panic into infantry and civvies with them, and people afraid of you tend to toe the line which is dandy work for if you're taking a planet. sure they could have just skipped it, but then they'd just be small 'mechs and not nearly as terrifying.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #33 on: 31 May 2019, 23:50:47 »
i also like choice to give them flashy looks, for what it's worth. they're right in that sweet spot of "what IS that" with their size, speed, and the claimed fluidity of their movement that you can drill some real panic into infantry and civvies with them, and people afraid of you tend to toe the line which is dandy work for if you're taking a planet. sure they could have just skipped it, but then they'd just be small 'mechs and not nearly as terrifying.
The bigger problem with the flashy looks is that they don't look intimidating-they just look goofy. More imposing visages and updated art would likely make them less laughable.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #34 on: 01 June 2019, 16:00:52 »
The bigger problem with the flashy looks is that they don't look intimidating-they just look goofy. More imposing visages and updated art would likely make them less laughable.

you'd be amazed how goofy a lot of terrifying things in nature look in a photograph taken from a distance, compared to coming at you in person.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 01 June 2019, 20:53:55 »

The Delphyne ( the model) esp really straddles the sweet anime look and goofy line. In terms of ideal look for what they are I think the spirite problem has the best look