Author Topic: Return to the Roots - Settlers 2.5!  (Read 1978 times)

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
Return to the Roots - Settlers 2.5!
« on: 03 February 2012, 20:37:54 »
OK, i am thinking this deserves a dedicated thread . .

Here it is, something many people have been waiting for since forever basically.
Well, at least i know i have, and some other nerds i know and associate with . .

http://rttr.info/?lang=en

It's a complete re-programming of the old original settlers 2, using the same graphics, but made compatible with todays high end machines!
supports full HD resolutions.
supports IPv4 and IPv6 multiplayer.
slightly enhanced economy (köhler, big house using up straw and wood to make coal), ability to give warez and settlers to team mates.
ships work! and you can use them to attack islands with them too!
you can switch several options around that you could not in the original S2.
or you can use the original ones.

please, give it a try if you like settlers.
and spread the word, if you like it too.
it desperately needs more attention/publicity ._.

you only need the GFX and DATA Folders of the original settlers 2 gold version to play this!

Have questions?
Ask here for example.
Quote from one of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Mod Developers:
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness ****** the shit ****** random!'

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
Re: Return to the Roots - Settlers 2.5!
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2012, 23:00:11 »
OMG, what a classic. O0

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2012, 11:43:49 »
OMG, what a classic. O0
i know right?
and still as addictive as way back when ^^
Quote from one of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Mod Developers:
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness ****** the shit ****** random!'

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2012, 13:48:46 »
I might get back to this after I beat Settlers 7. Good Settlers too O0
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2012, 23:22:38 »
If you don't have it yet, Settlers 2 is now available in in Good Old Games O0
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Register