Author Topic: 2nd Sword of Light Atlas in action!  (Read 2335 times)

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
2nd Sword of Light Atlas in action!
« on: 21 August 2012, 17:48:35 »
The night Worktroll posted the final results for Iron Painter, my Graded Division entry, a 2nd Sword of Light Atlas was part of a non-canon pick up game.

This is not an after action report per se, simply an expanded gallery of my entry and lancemates in action. Please forgive the poor camera phone photography.

This was the first game I used my Atlas in. As you can see, it gets its feet wet both litterally and figuratively!

My "Kurita" lance was teamed up with "Nova Cat" forces: a couple of Cauldron Borns and a Nova Cat (not pictured). I'm still trying to perfect the jump jet plume effect.

The other side of my Atlas. It's difficult to see and the final picture I submitted did not show the hand painted 2nd Sword of Light Kurita "Steel Dragon" crest. To be honest, I need more practice on my freehand work anyway. You can see my opponent's Nyx attempting a successful flanking maneuver.

Final fate of my Atlas, he drowned!

A barrage of hits knocked the Atlas down in the water causing the armorless head to flood, killing the Mechwarrior.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2012, 17:50:26 by StuartYee »
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: 2nd Sword of Light Atlas in action!
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2012, 17:56:47 »
Horrible death for the water. but nice looking mini. can the weapon effects come off?  As they look a tad cumbersome forntransporting it

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2012, 20:06:01 »
Horrible death for the water. but nice looking mini. can the weapon effects come off?  As they look a tad cumbersome forntransporting it

They unfortunately do not- they are pinned and glued. I basically use a regular miniature case, stand the atlas up and pack a lot of foam around the legs and leave the case open. You are correct in that is a bit of a pain, but that's the price you pay for bringing an assault mech!

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2012, 20:28:12 »
Very cool! O0

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2012, 23:23:19 »
well done O0
Life: Some assembly required!

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2012, 02:37:34 »
They unfortunately do not- they are pinned and glued. I basically use a regular miniature case, stand the atlas up and pack a lot of foam around the legs and leave the case open. You are correct in that is a bit of a pain, but that's the price you pay for bringing an assault mech!

Consider getting it a box of its own. Freak of our crew has a watch box that he uses to Transport things like. The Nightstar,Crab and other units with Long bits that are a tad flimsy or have weak stress points.

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2012, 06:19:01 »
That is a sweet looking mini.  Sad to hear about the drowning  :( but am sure you will come back swinging.

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2012, 08:08:13 »
I see an Akuma and possibly a No-Dachi. Would you mind sharing your lance compisition and variants you used?

Nice paint job, red is tough to work with, but you got a great coat on them.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2012, 11:24:45 »
Consider getting it a box of its own. Freak of our crew has a watch box that he uses to Transport things like. The Nightstar,Crab and other units with Long bits that are a tad flimsy or have weak stress points.

That's actually one of my next projects. The basic idea is if I can pack the legs and base well enough, everything else will be fine.

I see an Akuma and possibly a No-Dachi. Would you mind sharing your lance compisition and variants you used?

Nice paint job, red is tough to work with, but you got a great coat on them.

8549 BV (according to the MUL):
Akuma AKU-1X (3/5)
No-Dachi NDA-1K (3/4)
Atlas AS7-K (3/5)
Panther PNT-10K2 (3/4)

Admittedly not really a canon composition- I'm sure the 2nd Sword of Light would have better skills, but I had to come in at 8500is BV. Moving my Atlas to water with an open head was at the time an acceptable risk, but I ended up rolling a 3 for my piloting check!

Will post pictures of the lance once I get a moment. Thanks for the kudos!

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2012, 17:47:35 »
Atlas looks cool! I think it looks even better in these photos! I can't wait to see the rest of the lance painted!
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2012, 18:01:18 »
but nice looking mini. can the weapon effects come off?  As they look a tad cumbersome forntransporting it

I've went back and forth over using Cinematic Effects... Sometimes I do, sometimes not... But I think this might be a great place for some REMs... Best of both worlds.

Caz

Pryderi_7

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2012, 23:49:00 »
Great paint jobs but never ignore a Targe behind you. He got head shots on the Atlas and Akuma.

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2012, 08:46:26 »
The red is brilliant,well done.! O0

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2012, 11:07:54 »
Great paint jobs but never ignore a Targe behind you. He got head shots on the Atlas and Akuma.

Yeah, I learned that hard way- you and your MASC Targes!  [tickedoff]

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that overuse of the MASC ended up crippling that troublesome Targe!

Register