Author Topic: Trying to find a miniature for a project.  (Read 1814 times)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Trying to find a miniature for a project.
« on: 23 August 2012, 08:36:48 »
 I am working on converting an old-school Rhino into a Sister of Battle Exorcist. I want to go with the "Pipe
Organ of doom" approach for the Exorcist launcher. To do this, though...I need a pipe organ miniature in the
right scale. I already have stuff to build up the launcher tubes. But...I had hoped with all the miniature companies
there, I would come across something for the pipeorgan at GenCon..amazingly, I did not.

So, does ANYONE know of a good 28mm scale pipe organ? and manufacturer?(Not asking for links..
though pics would be helpful!)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

ScarletDevil

• Private
Re: Trying to find a miniature for a project.
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2012, 01:44:28 »
It would cost quite a bit, but the big organ piece from Privateer Press's Vessel of Judgement?

I mean there are places to get the bits separately but it's still a good chunk of change IIRC

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2012, 02:38:57 »
It would cost quite a bit, but the big organ piece from Privateer Press's Vessel of Judgement?

I mean there are places to get the bits separately but it's still a good chunk of change IIRC

*goes looking* It is, unfortunately, missing the keyboard portion from what I can see from pictures of it.

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2012, 06:02:41 »
Have you had any luck finding a piano in that scale? It is not difficult to convert a piano to a pipe organ in that small of a scale.

nakeetafalcon

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2012, 08:21:09 »
After looking on ebay for you I found a pencil sharpener Organ and a doll house organ for you both might be a little big at first but maybe able to be converted to your project,  the doll house one is expensive though.

warden

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2012, 19:28:01 »
Didn't the original exorcist model have the organ of doom? I'm sure it did. In fact the current GW one does but not the FW one. It should fit on the 2nd ed rhino (that's what you have right?)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2012, 20:01:54 »
Didn't the original exorcist model have the organ of doom? I'm sure it did. In fact the current GW one does but not the FW one. It should fit on the 2nd ed rhino (that's what you have right?)

Yes, but it is just the pipe assembly. Also, um...yeah: I am trying to put this army together for CHEAPER then buying through
GW...The pipes, I already know how I am making..it is the organ itself that I need for, you know, less then $40-50

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2012, 20:31:46 »
it is the organ itself that I need for, you know, less then $40-50

I have no idea the scale you are talking (not familiar with the piece you are talking about), but if you live in the States, you might try any of the big box Hobby/Craft stores... Michael's, Hobby Lobby, A.C.Moore... If memory serves, all three have a doll house section.. Not big, but it's there. I have no idea if they'll have a piano, or how much, but they might have what you want..

The other option might be to make the keyboard out of Strip Styrene... Lay down flat pieces for the white keys, and maybe really small square pieces for the black keys... You could use balsa wood to build it on (and/or make a surround for it), or plasticard... If you can build the pipe portion, you should have enough skill to do the keys...

Caz

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2012, 21:59:58 »
I was scrolling through Plastruct's catalog (they make strip styrene), and I ran across this.

http://www.plastruct.com/Pages/OnlineProductDetail.lasso?CCode=ORCH-48

Again, I have no idea on the scale you are looking for, but this definitely looks like the price range you want.

Caz