Author Topic: Something odd about the HCT-3F Hatchetman  (Read 1100 times)

Mercer401

• Sergeant
Something odd about the HCT-3F Hatchetman
« on: 26 August 2012, 12:30:09 »
OK So am I just weird or do some of the casting lines on the IWM HCT-3F just look right on the mini? I know some of them have to go cause they just stick out like a sore thumb. But as I was cleaning and assembling one today I left some alone, or just trimmed them a bit. I mean the mech/mini has so many grooves and lines on it already that they didn't look out of place on it. I'll probably get a coat of primer on it and say WTH, but for now it looks OK. Has anyone else noticed this or have I spent a little too much time around open glue bottles?

Amalor Myrnnyx

• Lieutenant
  • www.myrnnyx.com
    • Myrnnyx Minis
Re: Something odd about the HCT-3F Hatchetman
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2012, 12:33:41 »
Some minis have that aesthetic, where the mold line just blends in nicely enough to be a panel line. The Hatchetman is one of those.
-James Degenhardt

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2012, 12:59:23 »
Can 'be that some molding line stand out after the first coat of primer and then you'll regret not to have them filed away.
Personally I pay much attention to remove them even if they are in the overlapping portions and non-visible,but that's me.

manticore72

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2012, 13:38:44 »
I wish I could say this was the case for more miniatures. Some mold lines go right across fine detail that will be ruined if the line is removed (case in point: the Victor's leg vents).  Now to go look over my Hatchetman mini....

Mercer401

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2012, 16:00:10 »
Yeah I usually end up going over the mini a few times looking for mold lines or whatever to tweak. Generally I'll get all the big stuff, then shoot a coat of primer on and see if anything else pops up. It's like doing body work on the super-small scale.